gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681143 Posts in 27629 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 25, 2024, 11:33:15 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 ... 286 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thread for various insignificant questions that don't deserve their own thread!  (Read 1418129 times)
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: July 04, 2011, 06:39:25 PM »

This is more a question for everyone who wants to get involved if necessary. I was wondering if there's a good source for "liner notes" for rarities or bootlegs. I'm sure with every book and site put together, those could be considered as liner notes for those songs and albums. I know of a couple of pages and books that try to organize those, I think it'd be great if we created a page or thread (in chronological order perhaps?) dedicated to putting all these songs in an order with all the basic information between who wrote the song, what it was intended for, you played/sang on it, etc.

Does this project entice anyone in getting involved?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1601 on: July 04, 2011, 11:54:52 PM »

This is more a question for everyone who wants to get involved if necessary. I was wondering if there's a good source for "liner notes" for rarities or bootlegs. I'm sure with every book and site put together, those could be considered as liner notes for those songs and albums. I know of a couple of pages and books that try to organize those, I think it'd be great if we created a page or thread (in chronological order perhaps?) dedicated to putting all these songs in an order with all the basic information between who wrote the song, what it was intended for, you played/sang on it, etc.

You mean something like... this ?

Or maybe... this ?

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: July 05, 2011, 06:05:27 AM »

Or maybe... this ?

No, it definitely has to be something which you didn't do; else why would he have started the thread in the first place?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Paulos
« Reply #1603 on: July 08, 2011, 01:54:25 AM »

Is there anywhere online that Runaway (Live 1981) and Lady Liberty can be downloaded from? I've searched for these songs all day and cannot find them, can anyone help?
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: July 08, 2011, 07:59:20 AM »

Or maybe... this ?

No, it definitely has to be something which you didn't do; else why would he have started the thread in the first place?
Thank You

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Jason
« Reply #1605 on: July 08, 2011, 08:36:36 AM »

Is there anywhere online that Runaway (Live 1981) and Lady Liberty can be downloaded from? I've searched for these songs all day and cannot find them, can anyone help?

The internet blocks sites that has those available for download. The only way to get around that blocking mechanism is to delete system32.
Paulos
« Reply #1606 on: July 08, 2011, 07:04:04 PM »

Thanks for the reply RBB, the only problem is that I have no idea what system 32 is!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: July 08, 2011, 07:08:47 PM »

I think I've asked this before, but I have forgotten what the answer was, so I hope nobody minds explaining it again. How did the group get that great deep, thick echo/reverberation from the piano on songs such as "Let The Wind Blow"?

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Jason
« Reply #1608 on: July 08, 2011, 07:09:55 PM »

Thanks for the reply RBB, the only problem is that I have no idea what system 32 is!

Don't do that. I was joking. Old interwebs joke that somehow started years ago.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/delete-system32#.The4Q4JAJSc
Paulos
« Reply #1609 on: July 08, 2011, 07:17:52 PM »

So deleting system 32 would render my laptop useless, probably not the way to go then......

Back to topic, as both Lady Liberty and Runaway (Live) have been afforded official releases, would it be ok to ask if someone can Provide Me with more information?
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1610 on: July 08, 2011, 07:36:42 PM »

Don't do that. I was joking. Old interwebs joke that somehow started years ago.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/delete-system32#.The4Q4JAJSc

A Winner is You

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: July 08, 2011, 07:40:05 PM »

Somebody needs to create a Brian Wilson "I like food" meme!  Grin

Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: July 09, 2011, 02:00:25 PM »

Didn't know where to post this.  Not sure it has been discussed before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdYb3MaJ4K8&feature=related

A video from early 90s(?)

Interesting stuff.

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
Jason
« Reply #1613 on: July 09, 2011, 02:02:29 PM »

This was an unaired special, if I remember correctly. 1990 or 1991.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 02:08:05 PM by The Real Beach Boy » Logged
metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: July 10, 2011, 03:19:45 AM »

This was an unaired special, if I remember correctly. 1990 or 1991.

1991, according to the credits. This aired on Channel 10, Melbourne, early one morning. I remember specifically setting my alarm to tape it as I hadn't yet mastered programing my VCR.

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
bsten
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: July 10, 2011, 12:38:08 PM »

Didn't know where to post this.  Not sure it has been discussed before.

Interesting stuff.

Great performance - great to see Brian grabbing the mike and dancing!!! Smiley Thanks for posting the link!

/B
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 12:52:46 PM by bsten » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1616 on: July 10, 2011, 02:00:41 PM »

Didn't know where to post this.  Not sure it has been discussed before.

Interesting stuff.

How high did he have to wear his trousers?! Ahhh...Brian's never been the best dresser, but my God Landy had him dressed like a senior citizen back then.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: July 10, 2011, 04:08:38 PM »

Interesting stuff.

How high did he have to wear his trousers?! Ahhh...Brian's never been the best dresser, but my God Landy had him dressed like a senior citizen back then.
Brian was a sharp dresser in the 1960s, but after that he has seen to have odd ideas about fashion, he should just take out his SMiLE era clothing because it is kinda in style again.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 04:09:34 PM by briansbathrobe » Logged

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: July 10, 2011, 04:12:05 PM »

Interesting stuff.

Brian was a sharp dresser in the 1960s, but after that he has seen to have odd ideas about fashion, he should just take out his SMiLE era clothing because it is kinda in style again.

Well sure!  Most people keep their clothes from 40+ years back in a little hidey hole in case they ever decide to9 wear it again!! Cheesy

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: July 10, 2011, 04:19:19 PM »

Interesting stuff.

Well sure!  Most people keep their clothes from 40+ years back in a little hidey hole in case they ever decide to9 wear it again!! Cheesy
I'm just speaking from personal experience where  my grandpa had 1970s leisure suits in his closet and i remember a radio interview (1988) where Brian said he still had the white levis and shirts in storage.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #1620 on: July 10, 2011, 07:32:58 PM »

Interesting stuff.

I'm just speaking from personal experience where  my grandpa had 1970s leisure suits in his closet and i remember a radio interview (1988) where Brian said he still had the white levis and shirts in storage.

Yeah, You're right. Some people do have really old clothes in their closets and never throw anything away( Hoarders/ collectors)
Still, 1988 is 23 years past. Do we really think Melinda has let Brian keep them still?

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: July 10, 2011, 07:40:31 PM »

Interesting stuff.

Well sure!  Most people keep their clothes from 40+ years back in a little hidey hole in case they ever decide to9 wear it again!! Cheesy
I'm just speaking from personal experience where  my grandpa had 1970s leisure suits in his closet and i remember a radio interview (1988) where Brian said he still had the white levis and shirts in storage.

Yeah, You're right. Some people do have really old clothes in their closets and never throw anything away( Hoarders/ collectors)
Still, 1988 is 23 years past. Do we really think Melinda has let Brian keep them still?
I hope so but your  right, Melinda has totally changed Brian's life since they got married (house cleaning). I could see early post landy years Brian having or wearing the old stuff once in while.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 07:44:32 PM by briansbathrobe » Logged

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: July 10, 2011, 11:58:49 PM »

Not counting River Song, do any recordings exist of Dennis or The Beach Boys performing songs from Pacific Ocean Blue in concert? If so, do the recording(s) circulate?

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: July 11, 2011, 03:13:08 AM »

Not counting River Song, do any recordings exist of Dennis or The Beach Boys performing songs from Pacific Ocean Blue in concert? If so, do the recording(s) circulate?

Only of a few gigs it is known that there was a short set with POB songs, but as far as I know nothing circulates or is known to have been recorded at all.

http://esquarterly.com/bellagio/gigs77.html

http://members.tripod.com/~fun_fun_fun/8-77a.html

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
D409
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: July 11, 2011, 03:35:00 AM »

Have just heard Sail On Sailor on BBC 6 Music, presenter Lauren Laverne dedicated the song to a listener who requested some Dennis Wilson, so their choice was SOS ! Have Tweeted them to point out that there's plenty of actual Dennis performed/written songs they could've played instead - what would everyone's choice of Dennis cut be for a Monday morning ?
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 ... 286 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx