gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 12:35:50 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Board Is Back  (Read 9267 times)
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2024, 09:51:48 PM »

I'd imagaine there would be issues with how old the software this board uses when it comes to making all pages secure. The software is now 9 years out of date.

Correct.  Someday maybe I will be able to fix that.

Hi Chuck, is there a roadmap/plan that could be put in place for such a transition? And could the mods here help facilitate any work moving forward to help this happen? Could our community as a whole do anything to help this happen?

And man this place and its mods sure do live rent free in some people's minds. Once this boards issues are figured out it'll be nice for the universe as a collective whole to not be subjected to posts about "Chuckie" and the "mods" from the EH forum.

That crotchety historian who will not be named is still doing his old "Chuckie forgot to pay his internet bill" routine all these years later?

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2024, 10:21:48 PM »

Hi Chuck, is there a roadmap/plan that could be put in place for such a transition? And could the mods here help facilitate any work moving forward to help this happen? Could our community as a whole do anything to help this happen?

Not really, though I appreciate the offer.  All I can ask is to be patient.

And man this place and its mods sure do live rent free in some people's minds. Once this boards issues are figured out it'll be nice for the universe as a collective whole to not be subjected to posts about "Chuckie" and the "mods" from the EH forum.

It does crack me up that the person you speak of will, when the board goes down, urgently and politely pleads for the knowledge that the board will not be lost forever.  And then, when it comes back, retreats back to smart ass comments.  But, unlike you, they never offer any sort of assistance. 

One of these days, all this will be figured out.  This could the year it happens.  We shall see.

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
Dan Lega
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2024, 02:48:34 AM »

Since the board came back it has looked physically different on my end.  All the columns do NOT fit within my page anymore.  Now I must scroll to see the columns on the right hand side. 

I hope this can be fixed soon!
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2024, 12:00:57 PM »

Since the board came back it has looked physically different on my end.  All the columns do NOT fit within my page anymore.  Now I must scroll to see the columns on the right hand side. 

I hope this can be fixed soon!

I've noticed that too.  This forum format never really played well with mobile phones unfortunately.  🤷🏼‍♂️

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx