gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681302 Posts in 27633 Topics by 4081 Members - Latest Member: zappi June 03, 2024, 12:10:56 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What "commemorative releases" should we expect for the 50th anniversary?  (Read 130295 times)
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: February 01, 2012, 11:32:12 AM »

Phil,, Angry   Jedi Duel
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 01, 2012, 12:25:46 PM »

Phil's a real ball breaker

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 01, 2012, 02:35:35 PM »

I missed out on abusing Phil!!
You abuse yourself Phil with your comments on this board, it is very sad.

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 01, 2012, 03:06:22 PM »

Why he posts here, I'll never understand.  He really knows very little about The Beach Boys...

Ain't nothin' upside your head!
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 01, 2012, 03:14:32 PM »

It's a bit like self-harm, or suicide by cop. Deliberately making stupid statements in the knowledge that you'll get an online kicking. Phil doesn't need responses to his posts so much as he needs studying.

“We live in divisive times.”
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 01, 2012, 05:17:17 PM »

Let's be honest. The guy either has serious mental/emotional issues, or is just having quite a laugh at all of our expense. I hardly believe that there is somebody that is this worked up over the things he complains about. He's a troll.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 09:54:11 PM by Jim » Logged
b00ts
Smiley Smile Associate

Greldont

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: February 01, 2012, 08:48:45 PM »

Let's be honest. The guys either has serious mental/emotional issues, or is just having quite a laugh at all of our expense. I hardly believe that there is somebody that is this worked up over the things he complains about. He's a troll.
One thing that makes him a hilarious troll indeed is that he takes everyone's abuse without lashing out, and simply repests his statements. If he got angry once in a while and told AGD to bugger off, it would be more satisfying, but  he simply repeats his arguments or finds new arguments and keeps his cool.

I am convinced that he is a deliberate troll, playing a character to wind up this board, which has been very easy as late. If he had been saying this stuff years ago, there would be a basis for it, but he waited for the SMiLe sessions and now the reunion. Pure brilliance. Of course, I love to have a go at Phil too, it is fun...

Anyway, God Bless You Phil for providing me with hours of entertainment, but those are hours that I'll never get back so I guess the joke is on me.

- B00ts
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 01, 2012, 10:22:09 PM »

Let's be honest. The guys either has serious mental/emotional issues, or is just having quite a laugh at all of our expense. I hardly believe that there is somebody that is this worked up over the things he complains about. He's a troll.
One thing that makes him a hilarious troll indeed is that he takes everyone's abuse without lashing out, and simply repests his statements. If he got angry once in a while and told AGD to bugger off, it would be more satisfying, but  he simply repeats his arguments or finds new arguments and keeps his cool.

I am convinced that he is a deliberate troll, playing a character to wind up this board, which has been very easy as late. If he had been saying this stuff years ago, there would be a basis for it, but he waited for the SMiLe sessions and now the reunion. Pure brilliance. Of course, I love to have a go at Phil too, it is fun...

Anyway, God Bless You Phil for providing me with hours of entertainment, but those are hours that I'll never get back so I guess the joke is on me.
Andy Kaufman style humour

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 01, 2012, 11:56:44 PM »

Phil is a DUMB ass,, In 12 years of posting ive used 3  names,.. Mr Wilson.. Surf bum.. Paul Dash..SERIOUS.. !! Thats why my NUMBERS are LOW..!!  The ONLY time i ever went off on somebody was.. 2000 2001.. BBB board.. There was some guy that kept  asking questions + answering his own questions.. Many off us answered his questions + AGD answered his questions + he was thrown off the board..   Angry Wall  HE questioned AGD + OTHER insiders..I told him  point blank,,Shut T F Up..!!Since then BBB board is very picky..Doya remember AGD..? I know it was along time ago ..BUT..When somebody tells U the truth..SHUT UP + LISTEN..!! Some people just dont get it..BTW .. Can i have a password to post on BBB..Please!..Spaceman is a DICK also..Go buy some books + do some RESEARCH.. ..!! IM TIRED of the bitchin on this board..I allways wonder WHAT im gonna find..The OLD SMILE SHOP board used to ARGUE..But NOT like this..!! ..NO FUN ANY MORE.. Its OK to disagree.BUT.!!.When somebody posts facts as FACT....SHUT UP..!!...I DONT know AGD personally butt he is aware + on top of things!!..So listen ! Maybe i have advantage..I own at least 25books BB/BW.. I have collected BB/BW up to 2004.EVERYTHING up to that time..After that i got ripped off..NUMEROUS times..Including BB/BW insiders..If ya dont believe me..! LOOK  IT UP..Bicycle Rider..Parks Asher.. Mikie ..Texus.. Cammot..Les Chan.. Manning.... MiKIE is a good DUDE..! TED DUGAN..  RICH EP..!..TOPGAZZA..MOON DAWG..RON.. Among others..  life is short.. Its only R+R..ENJOY...Paul Dash
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 02, 2012, 12:15:57 AM »

The people i mentioned NEVER  ripped me off..I posted their names cause I RESPECT their thoughts..REALLY..! The only guy im gonna mention is one guy that is STILL  ALIVE.. The Guy That wrote SURFS UP..!! I STAND BY that statement..YOU OWE ME DUDE..!! You dont remember my real name.. Im sure of that. BUT thats OK.. RIP GREG LARSON.. I still  wear that TSHIRT ..Thanks for the smile..I wear it With PRIDE..!! GOD Bless..RIP.Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: February 02, 2012, 08:20:16 AM »

I don't see why anybody would expect the Beach Boys to announce anniversary related releases before the big reunion at the Grammies which will certainly be the start to the promtion. I'd guess we'll get a few infos at the Grammies and the days afterwards and then have to wait some weeks for more. Like AGD said, just like they did with TSS
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 08:21:38 AM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 02, 2012, 04:20:09 PM »

Sorry for the anger in my last post..Im just tired of the arguing here and i had a BAD day yesterday..Im a sinking ship with no job. The last time i went thru this job stuff was 25 years ago..I dont like goin backwards in my life..I do come here to escape my plight + learn things + enjoy the company here.I expect debates here but needless arguing + name calling is uncool..  my last couple of posts i entered the fray and i was trying to avoid it..I apologize for being uncool..  I do enjoy a good debate.!
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 04, 2012, 02:22:06 PM »

Haven't been here much lately, glad to see beach boys fans are still as petty and angry as ever.

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 04, 2012, 02:41:38 PM »

But, if consumer interest in these projects quiets down to near total silence, does that really benefit Capitol's interests? At this point, there really nothing to discuss without some vague description of what these projects are.

What product are you talking about?  They're still working on it.  Everybody on this board will buy it, and they'll promote it the way record companies promote records.  You think Capitol doesn't know how to sell records but you do?  What have you ever sold?
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 04, 2012, 02:45:28 PM »

This thing is not really of interest to me any more. Have fun, guys. As I've said, I could burn a 50-song/2-disc  hits set on my own computer, or if I'm too lazy to do that, I see that Amazon.com is offering no less than FIVE 2-CD or 3-CD Beach Boys hits collections. I'll take a look at this board again in six months and see if any of the archival product materializes.

Why do you even come to boards like this?  You're not a fan, comments like "they were only good when Brian participated" and comments about burning your own greatest hits set in place of the official Capitol Release prove it. 
PhilCohen
« Reply #165 on: February 05, 2012, 10:58:51 AM »

This thing is not really of interest to me any more. Have fun, guys. As I've said, I could burn a 50-song/2-disc  hits set on my own computer, or if I'm too lazy to do that, I see that Amazon.com is offering no less than FIVE 2-CD or 3-CD Beach Boys hits collections. I'll take a look at this board again in six months and see if any of the archival product materializes.

Why do you even come to boards like this?  You're not a fan, comments like "they were only good when Brian participated" and comments about burning your own greatest hits set in place of the official Capitol Release prove it. 

You have succeeded in provoking me to briefly return. Let me give you a quote from Dennis Wilson. He was speaking about the touring Beach Boys members. He said "Brian Wilson IS The Beach Boys. We're his messengers."

And as for those who wonder why I keep my cool and I hold my ground without responding to Mr.Doe by being nasty or mean, that's not my style. And besides, Mr.Doe's stature(as operator of a Beach Boys statistics website) entitles him to engage in types of behavior which would get any of us banished. Mr.Doe's stature is the reason why I was banished from the IMWAN forum, but he wasn't.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: February 05, 2012, 11:53:54 AM »

Dennis' actual words - from 1976 -  were "Brian Wilson is the Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his fucking messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything."

As you'll note, when the whole quote is presented, the meaning changes completely.  Grin

And... my "status" ?  My "stature" ?  You really believe that sh*t, don't you ? LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 05, 2012, 01:01:09 PM »

And... my "status" ?  My "stature" ?  You really believe that sh*t, don't you ? LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

What is not to believe, Lord?

“We live in divisive times.”
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 05, 2012, 01:02:37 PM »

Am I a minion or acolyte now?

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: February 05, 2012, 01:10:42 PM »

I'm not the Lord, I'm a very naughty boy.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: February 05, 2012, 01:11:37 PM »

Depends - do you believe without thinking ?

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 05, 2012, 01:14:16 PM »

Depends - do you believe without thinking ?

Guess  I am an acolyte because I learn and think from information you post on this board. Cool

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
PhilCohen
« Reply #172 on: February 05, 2012, 01:20:38 PM »

Even during those years(mid-1965-mid-1975) when Brian was (almost always) absent from the live shows, and then again from the mid-1990's to date, The Beach Boys onstage (even without Brian Wilson) have largely been a vehicle for the music of Brian Wilson. Who amongst you would deny that? Do you think that the touring boys would be a viable concert attraction if they had to go onstage and perform no Brian Wilson music?

As for all the arguing that's been going on here about a possible "Greatest Hits" release(and the secrecy around it, this ain't "Smile" ya' know.), it's absurd, and certainly not worth arguing over. We've got all of the songs, and, as I've said, if you look on Amazon.com, Capitol has five 2-CD or 3-CD hits collections on the market already. The only other group that I can think of who has as many(if not more) hits compilation CD's is The Doors. Enough said?
PhilCohen
« Reply #173 on: February 05, 2012, 01:24:40 PM »

Dennis' actual words - from 1976 -  were "Brian Wilson is the Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f*cking messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything."

As you'll note, when the whole quote is presented, the meaning changes completely.  Grin

Yeah.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 05, 2012, 01:27:06 PM »

You have succeeded in provoking me to briefly return. Let me give you a quote from Dennis Wilson. He was speaking about the touring Beach Boys members. He said "Brian Wilson IS The Beach Boys. We're his messengers."

And as for those who wonder why I keep my cool and I hold my ground without responding to Mr.Doe by being nasty or mean, that's not my style. And besides, Mr.Doe's stature(as operator of a Beach Boys statistics website) entitles him to engage in types of behavior which would get any of us banished. Mr.Doe's stature is the reason why I was banished from the IMWAN forum, but he wasn't.

Phil, the reason you don't enjoy a lot of the music is because you have a broken place in your soul.  You're too negative for the Beach Boys.  You're not going to find a fucking OUNCE of negativity, in ANY of their music, much less any of the stuff Brian wrote that you claim to enjoy.  Even when he's singing about dying there's optimism in it. 

Everything you post is full of cynicism, dread, and negativity.  How you claim to be a fan of one of the most positive, upbeat, beautiful, inspired by God bands that ever existed blows my mind.

In short: Get with the program. 
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 34 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx