gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681571 Posts in 27644 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 15, 2024, 09:52:49 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Poll
Question: Should this discussion be moved to the Sandbox?
Naahh, Beach Boys, SMiLE and drugs is as on-topic as can be - 99 (67.8%)
It's about time, I've requested this at least 20 pages back - 27 (18.5%)
Who cares, it isn't going to be released anyway - 11 (7.5%)
I don't like drugs and I don't like SMiLE, we might as well delete this discussion - 2 (1.4%)
The SMiLE music and drug use cloud this discussion - 7 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 138

Pages: 1 ... 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 ... 380 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SMiLE Sessions box set!  (Read 1753548 times)
bsten
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4725 on: August 27, 2011, 11:51:08 AM »

I saw that video and my best laid plans of going to a shop and getting on the day of release are buggered. Pre-ordered!

£126, as it tots up to with the fastest shipping and with the price hikes, is still insanely good.

£126? Convertion or is it available on any UK sites?

/b
Les P
Smiley Smile Associate

Cheese Pizza and Apple Pie

View Profile
« Reply #4726 on: August 27, 2011, 11:53:23 AM »

Should we bothered, nonplussed, or aroused that Look is also given the title 'Song For Children'?

I assume we are getting the instrumental, and the title is to tie it to BWPS. I had some faint hope for "I Ran" here, but methinks it won't happen.
monicker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4727 on: August 27, 2011, 11:58:01 AM »

I am bothered by the Song For Children and Roll Plymouth Rock parenthetical titles--it's an anachronism/historical inaccuracy. But it's a slight complaint. In the end, it won't really "matter." It's weird that they didn't title Dada, In Blue Hawaii. Could this mean something?

Don't be eccentric, this is a BEACH BOYS forum, for God's sake!
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4728 on: August 27, 2011, 11:58:27 AM »

I saw that video and my best laid plans of going to a shop and getting on the day of release are buggered. Pre-ordered!

£126, as it tots up to with the fastest shipping and with the price hikes, is still insanely good.

£126? Convertion or is it available on any UK sites?

/b

Conversion - that includes the fastest shipping as well.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #4729 on: August 27, 2011, 12:00:22 PM »

I am bothered by the Song For Children and Roll Plymouth Rock parenthetical titles--it's an anachronism/historical inaccuracy. But it's a slight complaint. In the end, it won't really "matter." It's weird that they didn't title Dada, In Blue Hawaii. Could this mean something?

Maybe DaDa had lyrics, or the other two do and DaDa dosent?

FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #4730 on: August 27, 2011, 12:04:30 PM »

Instant Order Update for ---------------------. You purchased this item on August 27, 2011.

Woohoo! Who else got 2 day shipping?

pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4731 on: August 27, 2011, 12:06:29 PM »

I got two-day shipping for all but the 2 vinyl eps.
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #4732 on: August 27, 2011, 12:07:49 PM »

I got two-day shipping for all but the 2 vinyl eps.

That's what I would have done had I gotten them, they're more like an "Extra" for me.

southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4733 on: August 27, 2011, 12:14:55 PM »

Instant Order Update for ---------------------. You purchased this item on August 27, 2011.

Woohoo! Who else got 2 day shipping?

Of course.  Five extra bucks?  You've gotta get it on the release date, don't ya?

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #4734 on: August 27, 2011, 12:16:44 PM »

Absolutely, I also just ordered the GV box, It should be here in time so I can listen to it before NOV 1st!

Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4735 on: August 27, 2011, 12:19:12 PM »

i haven't ordered yet cause i'm gunshy, BUT i'll be getting 2 day for sure.  since it's prime and i'm a student so it's FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Boiled Egg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4736 on: August 27, 2011, 12:22:34 PM »

just have to say thanks to mark, alan and everyone else who worked to make this happen.  Smiley

Hear, hear.  In spades.
PS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4737 on: August 27, 2011, 12:26:12 PM »

The Holy Grails

Hazy thoughts return to around 1976, when my best friend told me that he had ordered a reproduction of the legendary Holmes booklet - maybe from an ad listed in the back of Rolling Stone? Of course, said booklet never arrived. Another dear friend, sometime in the 80's, after much preparation of paraphernalia and herbs, offered up, with a great deal of fanfare, a major surprise - the first SMiLE single disc boot. We could barely contain our excitement as we dropped the needle on the platter. And, of course, we came down eventually and expressed to each other some of the inevitable disappointments of "unofficial releases" (the sound quality, suspicious tracks, errors, etc). Can't recall whether the double boot preceded the triple (colored vinyl) in my collection, but those followed soon enough from those great downtown NYC stores on 8th Street and on Bleeker. Then the Golden Journals box sets and eventually all of the original SOT's, one by one. The '93 Box, with the promise of fidelity and access to the mystical vaults. Finally a magical week spent with Brian and the Band in '04, as they recorded the SMiLE DVD, climaxing with one of the greatest live performances I've ever witnessed. I wept from joy- and relief - as did many in that room that evening and backstage...

I thought that was it, that my SMiLE circle was now closed and I could move on with my life.

Each piece of the puzzle, it seems, was a small step for fankind, heading toward this giant leap about to arrive on November 1.

I woke up today like a kid on Christmas morning, after finding your posts last night and ordering everything from Amazon at midnight.

Who could have imagined such a seemingly endless bounty of insight into this marvelous world that I've been thinking about for some 44 years now??

Who would have imagined the Life of Brian, the last Wilson standing (well, sitting, at least...), touring into his 70's and releasing new records into the second decade of the 21st century?

I feel like this saga has been alongside of me somewhere nearby for most of my entire adult life. But I never thought we would see the day that Brian and company would actually be cool enough to do this - and do it right.

Everything had to fall into place, bit by bit. Mark and Alan, the right men in the right place at the right time. And Darian, bless him. And, yes, Melinda.

Thank you, dear Brian. For everything.

But mostly for hanging around with us, still crazy after all these years, being true to your school....
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4738 on: August 27, 2011, 12:45:13 PM »

Man, what a treat that box looks to be! Like everybody else here I can hardly wait. I hope it won't be 150 Euros over here, that would be mean, as $146 are only 100 Euros.

And so they do almost completely follow the BWPS running order. I wonder if they link the tracks BWPS-like or leave the fades intact.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #4739 on: August 27, 2011, 01:05:10 PM »

Bummer, wish I'd bought it last night. I was put off by the long wait.

Just seen the video!!!!

Havn't read back on this thread fully yet, so that's next to do as I sense there's been news.

Have just bought, should arrive by christmas.

Happy Christmas.

Can you guess how excited I am

I'm shaking. The video made me cry, hysterically I'm not ashamed to say

THEY'VE DONE IT JUSTICE. Thank you Capitol.
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #4740 on: August 27, 2011, 01:15:00 PM »

here's the PROMO on youtube. thanks STE!!!
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4741 on: August 27, 2011, 01:25:39 PM »

Good Vibrations almost sounded like the Purple Chick version. It even ends the same way!
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #4742 on: August 27, 2011, 01:26:00 PM »

Wow so exctng! Typical that news finally breaks two days into my holiday so my roaming charges will now be phenomenal.

Fine with the bwps running order although pleased to see they've great shape in front f barnyard (where it helngs IMO). I think the bwps sng names are fair enough bearng in mind look and worms were most likely working titles.

Gee first is cool but will it be a separate track or segue into heroes? Segueing will require a bit of jiggery pokery as the keys are different. Interested to see how they resolve this.

heroes parts 1 and 2?- holy sh!!t!! I'm thinking, if this is not an exact copy from a lost acetate it is probably a reconstruction based on evidence we weren't privee to. I suspect this was the find adamghost hinted at some month's back. Can't wait to hear what this extended heroes conists of. I'm looking At the pics on my phone so hard to see but are the 45s in the box heroes parts 1 & 2!!?

I said it when he origi al announcement was made, but I just want to gather the whole lot of you up and gve you a big kiss - even the contentious types like Phil Cohen! Great times!

And ditto the earlier sentimens for mark l and Alan b. Inevitably there'll be disappointments with the sequencing of this so personal of 'lost' albums but huge thanks in all involved in realizing this.

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4743 on: August 27, 2011, 01:26:29 PM »

oh weird guys. I had assumed that the one tap box picture was a vinyl sleeve but in the video both vinyl discs are shown coming out of the smile shop sleeve. I guess the tape box thing is just pictures of tape boxes?

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #4744 on: August 27, 2011, 01:27:38 PM »

No AGF, I think it's the folder for the CD's. Nice eh?
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4745 on: August 27, 2011, 01:29:54 PM »

I can't stop watching that video

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #4746 on: August 27, 2011, 01:31:29 PM »

I'd just like to say  FFFUUUUUUCCCCKKKKKKK  YEAHHHH!!!!!!

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
monicker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4747 on: August 27, 2011, 01:32:13 PM »

I've watched the video at least 15 times. Is this really happening? Are we all alive?

Don't be eccentric, this is a BEACH BOYS forum, for God's sake!
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #4748 on: August 27, 2011, 01:34:02 PM »

I've just put in another order to arrive at the same time as the boxset

£2000 of finest Afgan hashish and a case of Reddi Whip
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4749 on: August 27, 2011, 01:34:38 PM »

Looks like the first page of the book has the quote: "we wanted to [something] something completely different, we were trying to create musical artistry"

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 ... 380 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx