gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681431 Posts in 27636 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 06, 2024, 09:06:03 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Poll
Question: Should this discussion be moved to the Sandbox?
Naahh, Beach Boys, SMiLE and drugs is as on-topic as can be - 99 (67.8%)
It's about time, I've requested this at least 20 pages back - 27 (18.5%)
Who cares, it isn't going to be released anyway - 11 (7.5%)
I don't like drugs and I don't like SMiLE, we might as well delete this discussion - 2 (1.4%)
The SMiLE music and drug use cloud this discussion - 7 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 138

Pages: 1 ... 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 ... 380 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SMiLE Sessions box set!  (Read 1749511 times)
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #3675 on: August 16, 2011, 10:14:48 AM »

The release date for this thing is so messed up

CD WOW just emailed me

Hi Niall,

I am writing to you regarding your query for “Smile Sessions”.

I have now checked this with our suppliers and have been advised that the release date of this item has been postponed to 30th September 2011. This information has been updated on our website and should reflect by tomorrow.

Your patience is greatly appreciated.

Capitol need to clear this mess up ASAP

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #3676 on: August 16, 2011, 10:21:52 AM »

Be calm, be calm… it's not a mess until Capitol releases a releases date and fails to release the release by that date.

“We live in divisive times.”
seanmurd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3677 on: August 16, 2011, 10:24:36 AM »

Be calm, be calm… it's not a mess until Capitol releases a releases date and fails to release the release by that date.

Exactly -- nobody told CD WOW to offer TSS for sale before there was a release date, or cover art, or a track list.

---------------------------
Sean Murdock
Andreas
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3678 on: August 16, 2011, 10:37:05 AM »

That would be releasing.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3679 on: August 16, 2011, 10:42:30 AM »

CD WOW just emailed me

Hi Niall,

I have now checked this with our suppliers and have been advised that the release date of this item has been postponed to 30th September 2011. This information has been updated on our website and should reflect by tomorrow.

Ummm... someone didn't notice that A. N. Other site has had it listed as November, revised from October - as reported here - for a few weeks now.  Roll Eyes

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
juggler
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3680 on: August 16, 2011, 10:56:39 AM »

As much as I'd like to believe that Capitol is working to meet the September 30 deadline for Grammy eligibility, 9/30 is a Friday.   Friday release?  Sorry, no way, no how...
WaxOn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: August 16, 2011, 11:09:19 AM »

I've said it before! Birthday present for me 11/1/11.

Especially since the original release date of 1/13 falls on friday, so much for using the original promo art.
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: August 16, 2011, 11:42:34 AM »

CD WOW just emailed me

Hi Niall,

Ummm... someone didn't notice that A. N. Other site has had it listed as November, revised from October - as reported here - for a few weeks now.  Roll Eyes

You sing it sister.

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3683 on: August 16, 2011, 01:22:10 PM »

I'm happy with November but to end the confusion etc a release that is needed at this point..

It's not really a hard thing to do

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3684 on: August 16, 2011, 01:31:00 PM »

I'm happy with November but to end the confusion etc a release that is needed at this point..

If it were down to me - and aren't you glad it isn't ? - and I was aiming at a November release, I'd be looking at my calendar and thinking, "Labor Day ?" for a press release.

BiG GRiN
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3685 on: August 16, 2011, 01:31:32 PM »

Still waiting for the release of the release date and when it will be known, you will waiting for the smile sessions to be release.
Or, maybe in september or november or december, Capitol will release the track list of the box set; and after in december Capitol will anounce the official release of the box set. And don't forget "The Smile That You Send Out Returns To You".
Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: August 16, 2011, 01:37:16 PM »

Still waiting for the release of the release date and when it will be known, you will waiting for the smile sessions to be release.
Or, maybe in september or november or december, Capitol will release the track list of the box set; and after in december Capitol will anounce the official release of the box set. And don't forget "The Smile That You Send Out Returns To You".

wtf??    LOL

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: August 16, 2011, 01:48:03 PM »

If it were down to me - and aren't you glad it isn't ? - and I was aiming at a November release, I'd be looking at my calendar and thinking, "Labor Day ?" for a press release.

That's quite close.

Maybe it should be down to you  LOL

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3688 on: August 16, 2011, 01:49:02 PM »

wtf??    LOL

What he said.  Undecided

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3689 on: August 16, 2011, 02:08:56 PM »

Somebody's had a few

Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3690 on: August 16, 2011, 02:09:14 PM »

They're on a hot streak right now of not releasing any information, they'd be stupid to break it. They're clearly going for the world record for not marketing your own product. Also, why do we persistently assume that an announcement will appear ~1 month in advance of release. That schedule has been pretty much universally accepted here, but it seems arbitrary. They could make an announcement whenever they want.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 02:12:00 PM by Sgt. SMiLE » Logged

Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3691 on: August 16, 2011, 02:10:21 PM »

Somebody's had a few

He's drinking himself to death in hopes that in Heaven they have smile, because Lord knows there isn't going to be such a thing on Earth.

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3692 on: August 16, 2011, 02:15:28 PM »

Somebody's had a few

He's drinking himself to death in hopes that in Heaven they have smile, because Lord knows there isn't going to be such a thing on Earth.

Rational Suicide..

Sad thing is I don't even God can score an advance copy of this thing

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #3693 on: August 16, 2011, 02:19:09 PM »

Phil!

“We live in divisive times.”
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #3694 on: August 16, 2011, 02:22:55 PM »

Phil!
I liked him better as Fishmonk!

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3695 on: August 16, 2011, 02:33:06 PM »

Interesting theological conundrum posited there: the Lord is supposed to be infallible, yet in this instance, he is very much in the wrong. Dilemma.

Thankfully, I'm not a religious person.

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #3696 on: August 16, 2011, 02:34:22 PM »

Somebody's had a few

Rational Suicide..

Erm, actually I think that Brian has heard some of the material from the upcoming release.

*gets struck by lightning miliseconds after pressing 'post'*

Wink

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
PhilCohen
« Reply #3697 on: August 16, 2011, 03:24:16 PM »

Some of you are obviously going to disagree, but my view is that Capitol ,BRI & the Beach Boys "marketing strategies" for this troubled box set project, have mistreated many thousands of The Beach Boys' most loyal fans. If Capitol, BRI, & The Beach Boys hadn't been so secretive, all of the speculation on the internet (over the box set's contents & whether or not the box set will be released) would never have happened.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3698 on: August 16, 2011, 03:27:08 PM »

Somebody's had a few

Rational Suicide..

Erm, actually I think that Brian has heard some of the material from the upcoming release.

*gets struck by lightning miliseconds after pressing 'post'*

Wink

Yeah, and he's "maybe" about it coming out  LOL

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3699 on: August 16, 2011, 03:30:16 PM »

Some of you are obviously going to disagree, but my view is that Capitol ,BRI & the Beach Boys "marketing strategies" for this troubled box set project, have mistreated many thousands of The Beach Boys' most loyal fans. If Capitol, BRI, & The Beach Boys hadn't been so secretive, all of the speculation on the internet (over the box set's contents & whether or not the box set will be released) would never have happened.

"You just keep thinkin' Butch, that's what you're good at."
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 03:31:14 PM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 ... 380 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx