gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680995 Posts in 27625 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 13, 2024, 08:10:44 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike and Bruce Tour 2014  (Read 150078 times)
NHC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: August 08, 2014, 06:22:32 AM »

Having had a Mike-like hairdo since I was in my late 20's, like my dad, caps or hats of one kind or another have been a long, long part of my daily routine. First of all, being outside in the hot sun without one is asking for all kinds of trouble (I don't wear one inside). At the same time, since I don't really like this horseshoe hair style all that much, as in: not at all, yes, a topper takes care of that to a certain degree, and a nice non-baseball type lid can be fairly stylish as well. At some point, they just become part of your persona, like it has with Mike, Bruce and Dave for whatever reason. Has nothing to do with vanity or ego or confidence, simply what you're comfortable with - or want to do.  If Pete Townshend doesn't feel the need to wear a cap, well bully for him. Doesn't mean a thing and it really shouldn't concern us.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 08:02:33 AM by NHC » Logged
MarcellaHasDirtyFeet
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 08, 2014, 06:47:09 AM »

Quit hating on those who live with male pattern baldness! That's hairism!
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 08, 2014, 07:40:34 AM »

Bruce also seems to have stopped dying his hair since the C50 tour. All throughout the 2013/2014 shows I've seen, it's been white popping out of that hat....not "McCartney Brown"  LOL

Ah yes, Bruce's hair....phew! Honestly, Macca's hair doesn't bother me. Obviously he's dying it, but it just seems to come off so much better than Bruce's. Bruce's that totally unnatural orangish brown. Compare....Paul's looks like an older guy with a dye job. Bruce's looks like grandma's quick shitty dye job.

First of all, are we certain all of Paul's hair is actually his?

Second, Bruce looks good for a guy in his early seventies. Not a great dye job to be sure though.

Third, yes Mike's occasional hatless looks in the early 70's were cool. He did have a wisp or two of hair left on his forehead in those days.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 07:42:55 AM by Moon Dawg » Logged
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #303 on: August 08, 2014, 08:45:32 AM »

Bruce also seems to have stopped dying his hair since the C50 tour. All throughout the 2013/2014 shows I've seen, it's been white popping out of that hat....not "McCartney Brown"  LOL

Ah yes, Bruce's hair....phew! Honestly, Macca's hair doesn't bother me. Obviously he's dying it, but it just seems to come off so much better than Bruce's. Bruce's that totally unnatural orangish brown. Compare....Paul's looks like an older guy with a dye job. Bruce's looks like grandma's quick shitty dye job.

First of all, are we certain all of Paul's hair is actually his?

Second, Bruce looks good for a guy in his early seventies. Not a great dye job to be sure though.

Third, yes Mike's occasional hatless looks in the early 70's were cool. He did have a wisp or two of hair left on his forehead in those days.

I say this completely genuinely: When Mike goes without the hat, he looks quite dignified. I recall being taken aback that he went hat-less when interviewed for a 2000 ABC TV special on the Beatles, I think it was called something generic like "The Beatles Revolution."

He doesn't seem to be opposed to being photographed or interviewed without a hat. As to why he uses "Beach Boys" hats, I've had several people, non-fans, comment that they find that kind of funny and tacky. Yes, Dennis did wear BB shirts in the 70's and 80's. But I always imagined in my mind that that was more of an off-the-cuff thing, like Dennis just showed up to gigs with no shirt and they would just snag him a shirt from the concession stand.  LOL

As for McCartney, I don't think anyone has anything definitive. I've seen suggestion of some sort of weave or something more than a wig. He makes fun of himself as far as dyeing his hair in one of his commentary tracks on his "McCartney Years" set. I think it was during his 1986 "Press" video, where he notes that he has some grey hair in that yet doesn't have any now.

His hair style has seemed to get more unruly in the last several years, which would make me think it's not a wig or weave. I remember when he cropped it close in the late 90's, and had it pretty short in the early 2000's as well. These days, I've seen him sometimes seeming starting to reform that epic circa-1976 Wings mullet.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #304 on: August 08, 2014, 12:25:59 PM »

Reminds me of a classic John Wayne quote, while lecturing at a radical college during the Vietnam war: a student looked pointedly at his head and asked loudly "is that real hair ?". The Duke replied "Yessir, that's real hair - ain't mine, but it's real hair".
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 12:27:32 PM by The Legendary AGD » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 08, 2014, 01:40:35 PM »

Being both grey and bald, I have come to notice how other guys handle this fact of life.  A lot of dye is used and a lot of hats are worn, and sometimes we just let the bald and grey hang out.   Much more acceptable in this day and time.  Those commercials that sell hair replacement suggesting that being bald is unacceptable are as bad as the ones that tell women they need breast, buttox, and face lifts before going out in public.  Its ok to toy with looking younger  just for fun but folks shouldn't feel compelled to hide their true natural  appearance when it involves implants and surgery.
When Macca was asked about hair dyea few years back, he replied that he'd actually been engaging in that develish practice for years.  Straight up answer and I think the dye looks just fine on him.  Looks ok on me as well Smokin
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 08, 2014, 05:34:04 PM »

McCartney's hair is his....he started dying it when he started touring solo in '89. It looked alright then and he would even leave some grey in. But now sometiems it looks a bit ridiculous being 72 with dark brown hair. Although, I can't imagine him waking up one day and saying sod it and going white....
Nicko1234
« Reply #307 on: August 08, 2014, 05:50:44 PM »

McCartney's hair is his....he started dying it when he started touring solo in '89. It looked alright then and he would even leave some grey in. But now sometiems it looks a bit ridiculous being 72 with dark brown hair. Although, I can't imagine him waking up one day and saying sod it and going white....

It`s worked ok for Tom Jones though.  Wink
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 08, 2014, 05:53:15 PM »

My Dad got to exchange a few words with McCartney briefly at a private event in 2005. He said he was shocked at how noticable his bald spot was.
Capitol Punishment
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 08, 2014, 08:29:32 PM »

I feel that Paul's hair looked better around 2007 not because he was younger, but he didn't dye it as much. Now, I feel like he drenches his hair with brown dye. Regarding Bruce, I don't think his hair is that bad but he definitely needs to lose the shorts and put some long pants on. I don't think anyone wants to see his "unique" legs.

"I like food" -Brian Wilson
nybbfan1
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 11, 2014, 07:34:37 PM »

Hey, I've got tix to M&B for tomorrow night at Provident Stadium in Rockland Co. NY.  The prediction is thunderstorms and possibly heavy rain.   Um, do they usually play in these conditions? 
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 11, 2014, 07:37:12 PM »

No. Same thing last week.

http://www.ksfy.com/story/26217103/rain-washes-out-the-beach-boys-concert
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 11, 2014, 07:42:31 PM »

Do Mike & Bruce/ BRI still get paid if the concert is canceled due to weather? 

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 12, 2014, 12:50:56 AM »

I wonder why Mike and the others never invested in a good hair piece? Or is that just for old country and gospel singers?
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #314 on: August 12, 2014, 06:49:36 AM »

I would imagine that would be written into the contracts with the promoters. But I would assume other than some sort of potential non-refundable advance/deposit paid to the band, the band wouldn’t get the bulk of proceeds if the show is canceled due to weather.

Pretty much every outdoor concert I’ve had tickets for says “Rain or Shine” on the ticket. Obviously, that doesn’t mean they won’t cancel if weather is bad enough.

But I’m sure various contingencies are written into tour contracts. Sometimes they will reschedule, which doesn’t necessitate as many refunds being paid out, etc.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Cyncie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: August 12, 2014, 08:53:06 PM »

Many festival/outdoor venue contracts stipulate that if the show is canceled due to weather, and if the performer is present and ready to perform, the performer gets pain in full. Others will state that the event will be rescheduled with the artist.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 09:03:46 PM by Cyncie » Logged
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #316 on: August 12, 2014, 11:49:06 PM »

Many festival/outdoor venue contracts stipulate that if the show is canceled due to weather, and if the performer is present and ready to perform, the performer gets pain in full. Others will state that the event will be rescheduled with the artist.

Wow, that's a bit severe, isn't it? Wink
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 11:50:46 PM by Eric Aniversario » Logged
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #317 on: August 13, 2014, 02:38:27 AM »

No pain, no gain.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 13, 2014, 04:30:03 AM »

No pain, no gain.
Cyncie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 13, 2014, 06:09:37 AM »

Wow, that's a bit severe, isn't it? Wink

LOL! Some venues are tougher than others.
astroray
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 13, 2014, 09:10:16 AM »

I saw the Everly Brothers, it started raining, the tempo got faster on every song after that!

Cook pork throughly
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #321 on: August 13, 2014, 09:41:57 AM »

Prince doing the halftime show at the Super Bowl a few years ago - soaking rain/downpour, equipment getting drenched, he kept going. Made for a cool visual. Actually, so did that old concert video of U2 Live at Red Rocks around '83, the raindrops falling down the camera lens created a cool visual, along with the cloudy-foggy conditions in general.

Seriously, though: That's in every performance contract from local bands to major artists, usually the conditions including cancellation due to "acts of nature" like severe weather are listed, and sometimes short of rescheduling the band will still get a percentage of their fee even if the venue was unable to stage the show due to weather or other unforeseen events.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 13, 2014, 01:33:11 PM »

Finally a picture of Mike that doesn't make me think, "damn he's getting old"

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 13, 2014, 02:01:27 PM »

Finally a picture of Mike that doesn't make me think, "damn he's getting old"

That's because of the colourful chicks.
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 13, 2014, 02:55:47 PM »

I wonder why Mike and the others never invested in a good hair piece? Or is that just for old country and gospel singers?

Can you begin to imagine how badly Mike would be ridiculed if he ever sported a hairpiece? He'd never hear the end of it!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 30 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx