gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680964 Posts in 27623 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 10, 2024, 08:26:00 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 186 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Official BB You Tube Thread  (Read 1397798 times)
Lorenschwartz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: June 17, 2006, 06:46:45 PM »

Anybody have any more Brian solo stuff? That is always fascinating...

Wonder if any one has the infamous 1981 July  concert where Brian kills Don't Worry Baby, or the notorious 1991 interview with Diane Sawyer...
i saw the 91 interview when it aired first. Brian is out of it!!! Landy is a bit defensive. Did you see the deja view clip of Dont Worry Baby? its from 85-86 .
Beach Boy
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got tears in the morning

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 18, 2006, 06:13:02 AM »

Here is "Don't Worry Baby" from the Long Beach concert 1981, I like it, it's very nice to see Brian when he sang at this period.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMWhfqVTMN4

Late at night
When the whole world's sleeping
I dream of you
Close to you I feel your sweet heart beating
I dream of you
CosmicDancer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #302 on: June 18, 2006, 10:45:31 AM »

Wow!  They kinda sound lost without Carl.  Even the group vocals are rough!

The Un-Funny Alliance:  Are you not "good at being funny"?  Join us today in our mission to make the world a less funny place one "easy" fart joke at a time!
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #303 on: June 18, 2006, 11:31:57 AM »

I don't know why, but I found that video absolutely hillarious.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #304 on: June 18, 2006, 12:59:11 PM »

Found this at a video codes website:

Heroes & Villians (live): http://www.videocodezone.com/videos/b/beach_boys/heroes_and_villains_live.html

Live version from the Endless Harmony dvd. Cool to see the whole thing. Probablly one of my favorite live versions of the song

Moon shines bright, asleep in my bed, like so many people got a big day ahead of me
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

Since I cannot rouse heaven I intend to raise hell

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 18, 2006, 01:10:37 PM »

That performance of "Don't Worry Baby" is awful. I've sang it better in the shower, and my included drumming and musicianship was also much better.

Look at all of those people watching them foul up a great song! I wonder how many believers were turned away by that performance?

Did it ever occur to you, Cable, how wise and bountiful God was to put breasts on a woman? Just the right number in just the right place. Did you ever notice that, Cable?
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #306 on: June 18, 2006, 02:07:36 PM »

My favorite part is when the crowd is shown, and the little girl with no teeth starts laughing. It really looks like she's laughing at the perfomance.

I found it hilarious, too. A little sad, true, but we know that Brian's 1000x better now.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 18, 2006, 09:01:59 PM »

from girls on the beach:

Lonely Sea:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xDHQXDiHKY

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 18, 2006, 09:03:02 PM »

Long Promised Road promo from Endless Harmony

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JucVe62dWJ4

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Daniel S.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 19, 2006, 08:58:05 AM »

from girls on the beach:

Lonely Sea:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xDHQXDiHKY

I wonder if any of those girls in bikinis serviced Brian in his trailer?

Let us all stay teenage gamblers listening to the radio.
XY
« Reply #310 on: June 20, 2006, 09:42:56 PM »

Papa Ooh Mow Mow - Shinding, December 17, 1964
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHgL0nvB9aQ

A few short impressions from June 1980 (UNC / Europe)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-P4p4Jrwts

Barbara Ann - Jack Benny Show, October 23, 1965
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUnyRKYLyOM
Mrs. O'Leary
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 21, 2006, 12:36:16 AM »

The Beach Boys - Sail On Sailor (from Endless Harmony DVD)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0eQUHCJJGY&search=The%20Beach%20Boys

The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds documentary (pt 1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niBaFOsWko0&search=The%20Beach%20Boys

The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds documentary (pt 2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYu3XLKz6Is&search=The%20Beach%20Boys
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #312 on: June 21, 2006, 06:36:16 AM »

The Pet Sounds-documentyr is cool. It can also be seen on the Audio-DVD, but why wasn't Al included?

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 22, 2006, 08:24:15 AM »

Angel Come Home performed live

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjw3BQbuyFI

thanks Jasper!

how can people dance to that?

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #314 on: June 22, 2006, 11:22:43 AM »

Thanks Jasper ! This is interesting. Is it playback ? I think at least the end is sung live...

BTW, what's this ?!?!?! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTldmFY9Ku0&search=beach%20boys

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #315 on: June 22, 2006, 01:05:11 PM »

That's the current touring band, but Mike sounds really weird...

A few weeks ago someone posted he was sick so one of the other guys in the band was doubling his vocals, maybe that's what it is..

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Rockard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 22, 2006, 04:27:49 PM »

hmm, don't want to nag, but, Jasper, could you possibly post I Sleep Alone live?
I really like to see this! Thank you for sharing all these rare videos!! They are totally amazing.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #317 on: June 22, 2006, 05:05:28 PM »

That's the current touring band, but Mike sounds really weird...

Yeah, that's why I asked. Sounds like Chris Farmer.... But I can't hear Mike at all, so is he doing playback?

- Jack Rieley
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 23, 2006, 07:16:10 AM »

BB Conference promoting maharishi...friends vocal segment:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pESclSEdvT0

thanks JASPER!

~post of the century~
-Mikie

slickman9696
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 23, 2006, 09:40:42 AM »

Just wondering, does anyone out there have video of the Beach Boys acceptance speach for their induction into the Rock and Roll hall of fame? I just wanted to see what Mike Love had to say to the Beatles. I've heard about it and read about it of course in that "biography" of Brian, but never have seen it.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 24, 2006, 11:26:55 AM »

so that friends vocal fragment...that's what we hear on the Endless Harmony documentry when it's talking about 67-69 albums...right?

~post of the century~
-Mikie

sloopjasonb
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 24, 2006, 09:35:01 PM »

I'd really love to see the 1988 hall of fame speech...  that would be interesting
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 25, 2006, 08:17:50 AM »

yeah not only hall of fame, but also brian at the songwriters hall of fame

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 27, 2006, 06:08:10 PM »

Sail On Sailor video from Endless Harmony---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0eQUHCJJGY

~post of the century~
-Mikie

punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 27, 2006, 08:38:31 PM »

related----

Ronnie Spector covers I'm So Young---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8FJAjgfcEo

~post of the century~
-Mikie

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 186 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx