gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681101 Posts in 27629 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 23, 2024, 05:28:25 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 186 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Official BB You Tube Thread  (Read 1400723 times)
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #250 on: June 05, 2006, 12:03:34 AM »

Wow!  Thanks for pointing us in that direction...from what I remember that version of "Make It Big" was never released, and to my knowledge, hasn't even been bootlegged.  I'd like to hear it without all the sound effects.  I think it's still overall kind of a cheesy song, but it's better than the released version.

XY
« Reply #251 on: June 05, 2006, 10:22:21 AM »

The controversial disco remake of "Here Comes The Night" from Midnight Special, April 27, 1979
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKfdW0pKBs0
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 05, 2006, 10:52:23 AM »

yey! 

you think you could upload the still i dream of it video from IJWMFTT

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 05, 2006, 10:53:29 AM »

that is a better version of make it big

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 05, 2006, 10:55:32 AM »

wow, i can't believe dennis is on the Here comes the nite video...looks board

~post of the century~
-Mikie

I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: June 05, 2006, 10:58:45 AM »

BORED

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
carlydenise
Smiley Smile Associate

Heaven

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 05, 2006, 11:07:01 AM »

note the 2 token disco dancers in the round

disco sound and the BB sound just shouldn't cross planes, kinda like rap and country music.   Was this song considered messing with the formula?
Carly

come be my redeemer...awaken me beautiful dreamer
Daniel S.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 05, 2006, 08:03:49 PM »

It's really amazing the Beach Boys never broke up and called it a day. Going out of style, hating each others guts, insanity, drug addiction, etc.

Let us all stay teenage gamblers listening to the radio.
XY
« Reply #258 on: June 06, 2006, 04:32:56 AM »

"God Only Knows" - Brian solo - 4th Annual Salute to the American Songwriter - December 3, 1988
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0x7Wt3q2mY
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 10:17:00 AM by Jasper » Logged
Lorenschwartz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 06, 2006, 10:35:12 AM »

"God Only Knows" - Brian solo - 4th Annual Salute to the American Songwriter - December 3, 1988
Wonderful!!!
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #260 on: June 06, 2006, 11:27:09 AM »

Is that lipsynched? For a second or two at one point it seemed like his lips weren't moving,.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Lorenschwartz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 06, 2006, 12:54:33 PM »

Is that lipsynched? For a second or two at one point it seemed like his lips weren't moving,.
Mental telepathy, man...Groovy.

I dig Brian's glasses, sooo 1988. Looks like Thomas Dolby!
Daniel S.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 06, 2006, 01:40:44 PM »

I hate how people always have to explain who Brian is and why he is important.  Can't he just be introdcued, "Brian Wilson, ladies and gentleman..."  Flash the applause sign and cue the band.

Daniel S.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 06, 2006, 01:41:43 PM »

Oh yeah, and Paul Reiser's monologue sucked and who was that broad standing next to him? Everyone looked like crap too with those horrible eighties hair styles.

Roger Ryan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 06, 2006, 01:43:05 PM »

Jasper, do you happen to have that TV clip of Brian performing "Daddy's Little Girl" (from '89 I think)?
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #265 on: June 06, 2006, 02:24:46 PM »

Oh yeah, and Paul Reiser's monologue sucked and who was that broad standing next to him?

At first I thought it was Dolly Parton, but I guess I'm wrong

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 06, 2006, 02:50:08 PM »

ah crap...i have a pic of the concert that here comes the night is performed on...except this has brian in the pic on bass & bruce isnt in it...brian is wearing a help me rhonda shirt...it's on my BB Forever comp on vinyl...they're all wearing the same clothes...

funny how everyone cheers at the end of that video...you think the applause was real?

~post of the century~
-Mikie

XY
« Reply #267 on: June 06, 2006, 10:58:30 PM »

It's live. He also sang "I Sleep Alone" and made a couple of mistakes.

Jasper, do you happen to have that TV clip of Brian performing "Daddy's Little Girl" (from '89 I think)?

Wow...he did DLG on TV? Would love to see it!
Roger Ryan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 07, 2006, 08:17:34 AM »

Wow...he did DLG on TV? Would love to see it!

It was around the same era as the "God Only Knows" clip. Brian was using reading glasses (smaller than the ones seen in the GOK broadcast) as he struggled a bit reading the lyrics propped up on his piano. One got the impression that he wasn't very familiar with the song, but he performed the whole thing solo. It was introduced by the MC as a new Brian Wilson song; I seem to remember it being broadcast on MTV or VH-1, but I'm not sure.
Vincent
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 08, 2006, 02:24:28 PM »

Hey Guys...

Don't Know if this has been posted but just found them.... Its a couple of clips from the July 4th Washington concert from 1980

I haven't seen them before, but unfortunately both clips cut off part way through  Embarrassed

Anyway here they are....

Catch A Wave - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6azLKnF7SM

Darlin' -             http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpX3-Ekwh90

Vinnie
CosmicDancer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #270 on: June 09, 2006, 01:07:59 PM »

Don't know if this has been posted or not so here you go.

Brian in '88 doing God Only Knows

The Un-Funny Alliance:  Are you not "good at being funny"?  Join us today in our mission to make the world a less funny place one "easy" fart joke at a time!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #271 on: June 09, 2006, 10:07:40 PM »

Yeah...Jasper just posted it.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Beach Boy
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got tears in the morning

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 09, 2006, 10:35:22 PM »

hi, the washington dc 1980 clips are from me,

here are school days and good timin'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abiqMl0Bp6Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxJ1kuMqOAs

just enjoy!  Smiley

peter

Late at night
When the whole world's sleeping
I dream of you
Close to you I feel your sweet heart beating
I dream of you
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #273 on: June 10, 2006, 12:08:48 AM »

hi, the washington dc 1980 clips are from me,

here are school days and good timin'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abiqMl0Bp6Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxJ1kuMqOAs

just enjoy!  Smiley

peter

Al sounds REALLY good on SD.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
CosmicDancer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #274 on: June 10, 2006, 10:11:15 PM »

Yeah...Jasper just posted it.

Sure enough!  I guess that'll teach me to not look in previous pages!  So sorry!

The Un-Funny Alliance:  Are you not "good at being funny"?  Join us today in our mission to make the world a less funny place one "easy" fart joke at a time!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 186 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx