gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681300 Posts in 27632 Topics by 4081 Members - Latest Member: zappi June 03, 2024, 06:05:51 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 ... 286 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thread for various insignificant questions that don't deserve their own thread!  (Read 1420796 times)
NatureShowInStereo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: June 23, 2012, 01:44:41 AM »

Any lists for fan stereo mixes available?

That Mono/Stereo reference guide is really quite something. Love it.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: June 23, 2012, 04:58:58 PM »

Having just bought Postcard from California (autograph included)....I have a few questions about it. But first off, I think it's a great companion piece with the new reunion album. I think Don't Fight the Sea & Waves of Love shoulda been included on the new album. I really enjoy tracks 2-7 as a concept. How much work did Al do on Don't Fight the Sea? What was recorded in 78 and what was re-recorded? Are there two different Brian voices singing on this?
I feel like Al shoulda made a bonus disc of other stuff that he's made but not officially released on an album of his own like PT Cruiser, California Energy Blues, California (from EH doc...btw, why wasn't this on the EH soundtrack? lost opportunity!), that one song he did recently for some eastern queen (no idea what it was for)...and I'm sure I'm missing some.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: June 25, 2012, 03:55:57 AM »

The following questions are from an investigation I made on Keith Badman's book...investing wrongs from rights and just general items I've pondered about:

-First off, I read that on 4-28-70, Murry went on the tour...or maybe just a show? Why'd he go? I've never heard this discussed before. What'd he think of the current setlist? Let alone about the guy's drug habits. Did he join along for a drink? I just can't imagine it.

Next- when did Brian produce Italia? I know it came out in 67 on Murry's album...did Al play on it? I know it was his first song he wrote (I believe).

-My next question goes back to Gary Usher workings....was One Way Road to Love, Visions/Number One, Beginning of the End, and My Only Alibi/Human written for the Beach Boys? or other Pet Projects?

-Did Moon Dawg or Punchline ever get played in concert? If so, who did the howling for MD & who did the laughter for Punchline? I know the organ part of Punchline went into Surfin' USA but was it ever proposed for an album?

-Were the following songs considered for the first album?: Bakers Man, Land Ahoy, & Cindy Oh Cindy?

-I know of two different versions of Surfer Moon (Surfer Girl Album & Bob and Bobby)...but wasn't there one performed by a lady called The Summer Moon? Is it a different track than the BB version?

-Was there a cover for the 45 of Kenny and the Cadets?

-Are there any recordings of Runaway and Wild City performed live in 1963? What is Wild City? a cover or something written and forgotten about?

-Is Shut Down Vol. 1 on vinyl considered a rarity if I ever find it?

-Was Karate/BB Stomp ever played live?

that's it for now...but I will continue to rant/rave/question later when I get time...and responses would be great...I love discussing this stuff.
ha! I stumped you all!   Wink

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2528 on: June 25, 2012, 05:08:45 AM »

The following questions are from an investigation I made on Keith Badman's book...investing wrongs from rights and just general items I've pondered about:

-First off, I read that on 4-28-70, Murry went on the tour...or maybe just a show? Why'd he go? I've never heard this discussed before. What'd he think of the current setlist? Let alone about the guy's drug habits. Did he join along for a drink? I just can't imagine it.

Next- when did Brian produce Italia? I know it came out in 67 on Murry's album...did Al play on it? I know it was his first song he wrote (I believe).

-My next question goes back to Gary Usher workings....was One Way Road to Love, Visions/Number One, Beginning of the End, and My Only Alibi/Human written for the Beach Boys? or other Pet Projects?

-Did Moon Dawg or Punchline ever get played in concert? If so, who did the howling for MD & who did the laughter for Punchline? I know the organ part of Punchline went into Surfin' USA but was it ever proposed for an album?

-Were the following songs considered for the first album?: Bakers Man, Land Ahoy, & Cindy Oh Cindy?

-I know of two different versions of Surfer Moon (Surfer Girl Album & Bob and Bobby)...but wasn't there one performed by a lady called The Summer Moon? Is it a different track than the BB version?

-Was there a cover for the 45 of Kenny and the Cadets?

-Are there any recordings of Runaway and Wild City performed live in 1963? What is Wild City? a cover or something written and forgotten about?

-Is Shut Down Vol. 1 on vinyl considered a rarity if I ever find it?

-Was Karate/BB Stomp ever played live?

that's it for now...but I will continue to rant/rave/question later when I get time...and responses would be great...I love discussing this stuff.
ha! I stumped you all!   Wink

Hardly, but I've been preoccupied. respectively:

As 'the tour' was to Australia & NZ, I doubt it was just one show. I don't recall reading anything about it.

Probably during the album sessions... and no.

They were demoed as a Wilson/Usher project. The BB just backed them up.

Not as far as anyone knows, which renders the second part moot.

"Land Ahoy" - try reading the liner notes.

Track for the BB version uses the "Summer Moon" recording, like it says on 10452.

No. Well, yes - plain paper.

Not as far as anyone knows... and no idea.

No. It charted pretty high (#14)

No.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
egon spengler
« Reply #2529 on: June 25, 2012, 02:23:36 PM »

I remember listening to a live recording where Mike says something about Dennis having a "mellifluous" singing voice, I believe right before some Dennis-led tune. I can't for the life of me remember what the recording was from--could have been an official release for all I know, but I think it was a boot. A friend's boot, of course. Any help?
OneEar/OneEye
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: June 26, 2012, 08:10:19 PM »

I am right now just loving the fact that there are exactly the same number of letters in HAWTHORNE as there are in LIVERPOOL.   

That number? 

Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: June 27, 2012, 01:01:30 PM »

Has anyone seen any information about the supposed TWGMTR album, Japanese import version, with one extra track not on the US/UK version?

thanks!

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2532 on: June 27, 2012, 01:03:33 PM »

Bonus track is "DIA 2012". That's been known for weeks.

Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: June 27, 2012, 01:05:38 PM »

Bonus track is "DIA 2012". That's been known for weeks.

Thank you, sir!  I salute you!

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
SIP.FLAC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: June 27, 2012, 04:57:26 PM »

Anyone know if Brian liked Telstar, or has he commented on Joe Meek's production?

Youre not allowed to have a picture in your signature so imagine this : Tony Montana shooting a machine gun (his little friend), but the face is actually Mike Love haha.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2535 on: June 27, 2012, 11:11:09 PM »

Anyone know if Brian liked Telstar, or has he commented on Joe Meek's production?

Never has, to my knowledge. I suspect no-one's ever asked him.

metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: June 28, 2012, 05:39:33 AM »

I remember listening to a live recording where Mike says something about Dennis having a "mellifluous" singing voice, I believe right before some Dennis-led tune. I can't for the life of me remember what the recording was from--could have been an official release for all I know, but I think it was a boot. A friend's boot, of course. Any help?

IIRC, I heard Mike say "mellifluously" during the 1977 Largo concert in reference to Carl's voice, possibly in way of introduction to God Only Knows.

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
musicismylife101
Smiley Smile Associate

The introverted phlegmatic ecapist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2537 on: June 28, 2012, 08:20:49 PM »

Forgive me but...what does IIRC mean?  Huh

rn57
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: June 28, 2012, 08:34:29 PM »

It was mentioned somewhere around here a while back that Brian was a fan of Mission:Impossible.
I wonder if he was a Rollin Hand guy....or a Paris one. Or if he preferred Cinnamon to Dana or vice versa. You can tell a lot about a man from that...kinda like Jennifer vs Brandy ot the eternal Ginger vs Mary Ann.
Phoenix
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: June 28, 2012, 10:42:34 PM »

Forgive me but...what does IIRC mean?  Huh

If I recall correctly, if I recall correctly.   Smiley
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: June 29, 2012, 05:13:53 AM »

who is wolfsky9 and why does he cry so much
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: June 29, 2012, 09:52:15 AM »

who is wolfsky9 and why does he cry so much
Do you mean that Youtube-registered BBs fan who constantly writes there? If yes, I have no guess. Most of his comments I like. They really show how he likes the Beach Boys.   

Yup that's the guy. Generally I like his comments, but his posts for twgmtr songs all involve him crying,  it's weird.
startBBtoday
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: June 29, 2012, 10:24:19 AM »

Anyone know the backing band well enough to determine oldest to youngest? I'm assuming Scott Bennett is the youngest, followed by Darian, then maybe Mike D'Amico? Oldest would be Mike, then Brian, then Bruce, then Al then Dave? Or is there someone in the backing band older than Dave?
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: June 30, 2012, 09:05:28 AM »

Anyone get the idea that AGD is part of the clergy and that http://www.esquarterly.com/bellagio/ is our bible and when it's not used correctly or not used at all, we get a slap on the hand with a ruler?

Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink ;)just messin' with ya Andrew Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink WinkWink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink WinkWink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink WinkWink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Grin

~post of the century~
-Mikie

punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: June 30, 2012, 09:14:14 AM »

Is the piano part on Tide pool Interlude include parts of the original (and far superior in my head) Big Sur (recorded before Holland)?

~post of the century~
-Mikie

punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: July 03, 2012, 01:58:01 PM »

How close was I Do being used for the Beach Boys? I think it woulda been a great A-side. For chronological sake, would it have ended up on Shut Down Vol. 2?

For that matter, was She Rides With Me ever intended for the Beach Boys? Would that have gone on SDV2 too?

~post of the century~
-Mikie

punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: July 03, 2012, 02:03:25 PM »

How long did album tracks/"tour de force" tracks stay on tour?

It seems like Wild Honey tracks stayed on for quite a while after 67....yet nothing of Friends stayed on after 69, I don't believe....Wake the World and Friends?

Sometimes, there's songs that are done live that I think shoulda stayed on their set list, for instance, I think Keepin' the Summer Alive would have been great on the setlist throughout the 80s...though, when Carl left, I'm sure it that's mainly why it was dropped.
I think Good Timin' would be a great concert staple as well as Santa Ana Winds.

~post of the century~
-Mikie

punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: July 03, 2012, 02:06:00 PM »

How much did Brian record of "What Will I Wear to School?" for Sharon Marie? was it just the track for All Dressed Up for School?

and speaking of Brian's early side projects, has he ever discussed anything about his side projects? (besides the Honeys and American Spring (on interview/promo)

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2548 on: July 03, 2012, 03:21:18 PM »

When I interviewed her some time ago for ESQ, Sharon Marie told me that the only songs she'd heard that Brian had written for her were the four sides of the singles. "School" was never intended for her.

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: July 03, 2012, 03:23:09 PM »

Who compiled the 93 box-set?

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 ... 286 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx