gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680555 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 10:44:12 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 ... 108 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The *official* Brian/BB picture thread  (Read 1063093 times)
MBE
« Reply #1100 on: April 27, 2011, 02:34:36 AM »

Looks like Beer without the Root
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1101 on: April 27, 2011, 09:35:17 AM »

Where did they go to get mugs of root beer that big, with perfect heads? Chug a Lug!
Looks like everyone save Brian, got two.

COOL PICS!!

Munich. That's a Maß, which is one liter of beer. You get the best beer in Germany I should mention.... Cool

Looks like Dennis is holding two....

EDIT:
For your next Oktoberfest, be sure to get one of these:

Guess I could use one right now..... 
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 10:37:13 AM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: April 27, 2011, 11:01:17 AM »

Where did they go to get mugs of root beer that big, with perfect heads? Chug a Lug!
Looks like everyone save Brian, got two.

COOL PICS!!

Munich. That's a Maß, which is one liter of beer. You get the best beer in Germany I should mention.... Cool

Looks like Dennis is holding two....

EDIT:
For your next Oktoberfest, be sure to get one of these:

Guess I could use one right now..... 

Really?  They have beer in Germany?  Hard to tell with the REAL Budweiser made all these years in St. Louis MO( now owned and headquartered somewhere in South America)

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1103 on: April 27, 2011, 11:54:38 AM »

Lame.....

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: April 27, 2011, 12:18:29 PM »

Lame.....

The perfect description of German beer. No offense. just taste

punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: April 27, 2011, 04:39:20 PM »

WOW, never seen the pic of Brian with the Maharishi, strange I never knew there was a photo of the occasion...I'm sure there's a lot I haven't seen or heard or knew of.... Wink

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
MBE
« Reply #1106 on: April 27, 2011, 08:42:17 PM »

Well I love German beer. I hate US Marco's.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: April 27, 2011, 08:55:40 PM »

Notice that Dennis is the only person in the picture that's actually drinking from the glass. Perhaps a slight hint of things to come? Maybe I'm reading to much into it, but I just got a distinctly eerie feeling looking at that picture...

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1108 on: April 29, 2011, 02:46:30 PM »

Was looking for another picture and came across these. Some of them I've never seen before

- Jack Rieley
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: April 29, 2011, 06:32:39 PM »

"Brian Wilson makes a pose with my car at Kyoto Miyako Hotel in Aug. '79. My Beach Boys Custom Car is the "Welcome The Beach Boys" logo in blue color on the hood painted by me, The Beach Boys logo printed on paper on the headlights and The Beach Boys brass logo as my product on the front grill.", quote from Brian's facebook by a Japanese fan who posted them. I thought they were interesting because Brian looks to me in relatively good health for the time.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 06:39:10 PM by briansbathrobe » Logged

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: April 29, 2011, 07:51:22 PM »

Was looking for another picture and came across these. Some of them I've never seen before

You "Come Across" a lot of really cool BBs pics.
 You must have some great secret places to look, cuz I never happen on great pics of Dennis like those.

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1111 on: April 30, 2011, 05:10:48 AM »

You "Come Across" a lot of really cool BBs pics.
 You must have some great secret places to look, cuz I never happen on great pics of Dennis like those.

Thanks. I mostly just type in "Dennis Wilson" (for example) and search via google image-search. That leads one to some cool sites sometimes.

- Jack Rieley
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: April 30, 2011, 05:58:24 AM »

"Brian Wilson makes a pose with my car at Kyoto Miyako Hotel in Aug. '79. My Beach Boys Custom Car is the "Welcome The Beach Boys" logo in blue color on the hood painted by me, The Beach Boys logo printed on paper on the headlights and The Beach Boys brass logo as my product on the front grill.", quote from Brian's facebook by a Japanese fan who posted them. I thought they were interesting because Brian looks to me in relatively good health for the time.

I agree but why not put on an actual pair of trousers for Christ's sake!? Cheesy

Thanks for sharing!
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: April 30, 2011, 10:43:06 AM »

I agree but why not put on an actual pair of trousers for Christ's sake!? Cheesy

Thanks for sharing!

God, yes Those shorts are, eh..short

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: April 30, 2011, 10:53:45 AM »

Here is one more i forgot to post...

[attachment deleted by admin]

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: April 30, 2011, 11:30:59 AM »

Here is one more i forgot to post...

You devil you!

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: May 01, 2011, 06:50:37 PM »

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1117 on: May 02, 2011, 04:47:33 AM »

Cool ! Is the one of Dennis with the bongos from the Party!-sessions?

That T.A.M.I.-gif would be a nice avatar....

- Jack Rieley
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: May 02, 2011, 12:08:25 PM »

Cool Guy

Edit: Okay I had to do Dennis too.

Feel free to use them or whatever.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 12:12:54 PM by stack-o-tracks » Logged

No mas, por favor.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1119 on: May 02, 2011, 12:50:38 PM »

Cool Guy

Edit: Okay I had to do Dennis too.

Feel free to use them or whatever.

Cool  Cheesy
I might use one on another board. I just can't bring myself to replace the killer....  Grin

- Jack Rieley
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: May 03, 2011, 06:53:04 PM »

The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: May 04, 2011, 05:09:43 AM »

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: May 04, 2011, 05:23:02 AM »

Jesus, that's a sad picture.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: May 04, 2011, 05:32:27 AM »

Jesus, that's a sad picture.

It's poignant. I find it to be a very 'true' picture, given Brian's life story; he really seems to be in another world entirely, with his thoughts and feelings.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: May 04, 2011, 07:37:28 AM »

By the way the pics of Brian and BBs with Maharishi can be dated to sometime between January 19-23 1968. That is when the Maharishi did a brief visit to some U.S. colleges and the BBs met up with him and dragged Brian along to meet him (Maharishi's visit was publicized in many papers).  Funnily enough-despite all his travails-Brian sometimes has a good memory (depending on when you catch him)...in an interview from the late 80s (which is in Kingsley Abbotts compilation) Brian recalls meeting the person interviewing him when they were both at an airport to greet the Maharishi. 
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 ... 108 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx