gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680815 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 09:25:27 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: You'll Get Busted!  (Read 33206 times)
bluesno1fann
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2014, 05:13:30 PM »

I'd love another Dennis movie. Really don't think this petition is going to do anything though. Signed anyway.

It would because Jess and I are in contact with the person behind it, and if enough people signs the petition, he might go ahead with the project!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 08:20:49 PM by Little Bird, Right in a Tree... » Logged
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2014, 05:15:30 PM »

I don't want a movie made about any member of the Beach Boys unless its a carefully considered labour of love. If this movie is made because someone thinks "Oh, there is an audience for this movie, maybe we could make some money!" the quality will suffer.
I was sad when I heard The Drummer was canceled, until it turned out it wasn't going to be great anyway. Its probably better this way.

Good luck getting something to happen with petitions, but please don't spam other threads with your own interests in this.

retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2014, 05:18:26 PM »

I don't want a movie made about any member of the Beach Boys unless its a carefully considered labour of love. If this movie is made because someone thinks "Oh, there is an audience for this movie, maybe we could make some money!" the quality will suffer.
I was sad when I heard The Drummer was canceled, until it turned out it wasn't going to be great anyway. Its probably better this way.

Good luck getting something to happen with petitions, but please don't spam other threads with your own interests in this.

Thanks for your support and don't worry we won't spam anymore threads  Grin and we changed it to expanding the Real Beach Boy documentary, The Drummer is out
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 05:19:32 PM by retrokid67 » Logged

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2014, 05:18:41 PM »

Interest in a movie and having the money for one are two different things. Hoping and praying for a movie doesn't work without money.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
bluesno1fann
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2014, 08:18:35 PM »

Interest in a movie and having the money for one are two different things. Hoping and praying for a movie doesn't work without money.

We're not hoping and praying. The people behind it already have the money, I think. All we have to do is collect signatures and prove that a lot of people are interested in seeing a Denny movie
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2014, 08:21:39 PM »

I signed it.

If you're serious about collecting signatures, I would say to spread the word elsewhere. You're only going to get so many people to sign it here.
Try branching out.
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2014, 08:23:59 PM »

I signed it.

If you're serious about collecting signatures, I would say to spread the word elsewhere. You're only going to get so many people to sign it here.
Try branching out.

Thanks for the support, and yea we have branched out already and still working at it  Grin

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
bluesno1fann
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2014, 08:27:34 PM »

I signed it.

Try branching out.

Ahead of you there. Posted it around Facebook on many BB's related pages, as well as YouTube. Jess is working on spreading the petition around Tumblr I think
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2014, 09:41:43 PM »

Sign sealed delivered

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
musicismylife101
Smiley Smile Associate

The introverted phlegmatic ecapist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2014, 06:38:32 AM »

In case you didn't see my reply on Tumblr, I already signed through my Facebook account. I also just posted the petition on Tumblr this morning.

retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2014, 09:42:05 AM »

In case you didn't see my reply on Tumblr, I already signed through my Facebook account. I also just posted the petition on Tumblr this morning.

Great News thank you so much!  Grin

-Dennis Wilson
The 4th Wilson Bro.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2014, 10:09:51 AM »

I'm all for a Dennis biopic and I'd gladly sign the petition.

"We feel that Dennis deserves a biopic. Everyone is aware of his elder genius brother Brian, but not too many people are aware of the second-most talented Beach Boy."

Gotta say, though, the "second-most talented Beach Boy" in my opinion, is Carl Wilson.  And it's really not that close.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2014, 10:21:10 AM »

4th Wilson Bro. , you are in for a world of hurt from the two who started this petition.

Can we all agree that the Wilson brothers are a holy trinity of awesomeness. Rock!

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2014, 10:22:02 AM »

"We feel that Dennis deserves a biopic. Everyone is aware of his elder genius brother Brian, but not too many people are aware of the second-most talented Beach Boy."

Gotta say, though, the "second-most talented Beach Boy" in my opinion, is Carl Wilson.  And it's really not that close.

That's ok thanks for your support though  Grin

-Dennis Wilson
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2014, 10:23:19 AM »

4th Wilson Bro. , you are in for a world of hurt from the two who started this petition.

Can we all agree that the Wilson brothers are a holy trinity of awesomeness. Rock!

world of hurt huh  LOL that's laughable

-Dennis Wilson
The 4th Wilson Bro.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2014, 11:24:33 AM »

I readily agree!
bluesno1fann
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2014, 11:29:31 AM »

In terms of singing, Carl was the greatest Beach Boy, hands down.
In terms of Guitar, I'd say it's either Carl or David.

Not to mention in terms of Leadership, Carl was the leader in the early-70's.

But in terms of Songwriting, Dennis was the second-most talented. And it's really no contest.

But I agreew with SMiLE Brian, they're all awesome!
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2014, 11:45:51 AM »

Biopic or documentary? I don't think  I'm interested in either, but a small, tasteful documentary would be okay.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2014, 11:48:49 AM »

Biopic or documentary? I don't think  I'm interested in either, but a small, tasteful documentary would be okay.

I'm pretty sure it's a biopic based on the Documentary
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2014, 12:25:53 PM »

Biopic or documentary? I don't think  I'm interested in either, but a small, tasteful documentary would be okay.

no it's gonna be an expanded version of the documentary the biopic is out

when we first made this it was focusing on reworking the biopic, but then we changed it to expanding the documentary which a lot of people want to see happen.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 12:27:49 PM by retrokid67 » Logged

-Dennis Wilson
bluesno1fann
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2014, 12:27:00 PM »

Wait, will the expanded version of the documentary be a movie?
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2014, 12:28:11 PM »

right

-Dennis Wilson
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2014, 01:08:28 PM »

Biopic or documentary? I don't think  I'm interested in either, but a small, tasteful documentary would be okay.

right
Not really sure how this was assumed or projected. Jess/Retrokid/Littlebird contacted me to support their petition to "get the Drummer film made". I explained very clearly that I'm not a fan of biopics and that I'd prefer to see the Real Beach Boy Documentary get revamped into an expanded two-hour version. We've been trying to gain some momentum towards doing that for a long time. I never said that i wanted to turn it into a "movie". I think this could be a semantics issue, or maybe an over-enthusiasm issue, not sure...but I (Jon Stebbins) want a longer and more developed documentary. Not a biopic. Here's my orig. message to Retro/Jess/littlebird...the folks behind this petition drive...

I still think there's a good chance a Dennis film could get made one day...but I'm not really a fan of biopics. I'd prefer it if there was a plan to expand the Real Beach Boy documentary into a 90 minute or two hour version. We've been advocating and trying to make head-way towards getting that done for years, and it's been a very tough hurdle

So that seems pretty clear, not sure how this was twisted into us wanting to make it into a "movie". I assume by movie they mean biopic. This is not a put-down. I love passionate and enthusiastic people. I admire their energy and enthusiasm. Let's just be clear, and be on the same page. You might want a biopic. That's cool. I want a longer and more developed documentary.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 01:09:22 PM by Jon Stebbins » Logged
bluesno1fann
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2014, 01:11:52 PM »

right
Not really sure how this was assumed or projected. Jess/Retrokid/Littlebird contacted me to support their petition to "get the Drummer film made". I explained very clearly that I'm not a fan of biopics and that I'd prefer to see the Real Beach Boy Documentary get revamped into an expanded two-hour version. We've been trying to gain some momentum towards doing that for a long time. I never said that i wanted to turn it into a "movie". I think this could be a semantics issue, or maybe an over-enthusiasm issue, not sure...but I (Jon Stebbins) want a longer and more developed documentary. Not a biopic. Here's my orig. message to Retro/Jess/littlebird...the folks behind this petition drive...

I still think there's a good chance a Dennis film could get made one day...but I'm not really a fan of biopics. I'd prefer it if there was a plan to expand the Real Beach Boy documentary into a 90 minute or two hour version. We've been advocating and trying to make head-way towards getting that done for years, and it's been a very tough hurdle

So that seems pretty clear, not sure how this was twisted into us wanting to make it into a "movie". I assume by movie they mean biopic. This is not a put-down. I love passionate and enthusiastic people. I admire their energy and enthusiasm. Let's just be clear, and be on the same page. You might want a biopic. That's cool. I want a longer and more developed documentary.

That's fine by me as well!
I wasn't aware about the full message as Jess simply told me that you were interested in turning the documentary into a movie.
But I'd love to see it either way!
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2014, 01:13:37 PM »

right

Yup we changed the petition to expanding the documentary there was just some miscommunication  Smiley

-Dennis Wilson
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx