gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680770 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 10:26:21 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: You'll Get Busted!  (Read 33199 times)
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: February 19, 2014, 04:54:32 PM »

you seem to trying close the matter quickly.

Why don't you believe anything I say?

Someone DID post "OSD for president!, yeah. But seriously, I would like to apologize to retrokid and rockno1fan for my buttholeish attitude."

but someone also posted "Disgruntled Poster
The petition creator is a complete f-wad. Jerk." it be weird if Rei said that about himself
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 04:57:50 PM by retrokid67 » Logged

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 19, 2014, 05:29:05 PM »

Exactly  LOL

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 19, 2014, 05:54:41 PM »

this is nothing to joke about  Undecided none of those people deserved that

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 19, 2014, 06:01:43 PM »

I know, it sucks  Undecided

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 19, 2014, 06:15:09 PM »

it does it was going so well before all this crap happened, a lot of people believed in it. Sad  I think we all deserve this treat and it shouldn't have to be destroyed by some a**hole hacker  Angry

-Dennis Wilson
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: February 19, 2014, 06:16:51 PM »

Those whose emails were stolen should contact the site ipetitions.com. They'll have the IP address stored for whomever signed the petition under that email address, and that person obviously would have signed the petition under that IP address under their real email address first.

Then it will be very obvious who stole the email addresses.

Good idea. If anyone does get a IP address from iPetitions, send it to one of the mods and they can match it up with the IP addresses of the users here. Hopefully this works.

Yes...if you contact iPetitions and they provide you with an email address or an IP, please forward the information to me.

I'm going to say this one time...I *will* find out who did it. If I find out that it was someone from the board, I'm not going to be happy to say the least. So, here's the thing...

THIS IS YOUR LAST ATTEMPT TO 'FESS UP TO ME IF YOU DID IT. PM me privately, and you will remain anonymous. If I am not contacted within 24 hours and I find out it is a board member, said board member will not only be banned for life but will also face legal repercussions to the fullest extent of the law. I'm not playing. So, if you've done the deed, now's the chance to come clean.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
bluesno1fann
« Reply #156 on: February 19, 2014, 06:35:04 PM »

Those whose emails were stolen should contact the site ipetitions.com. They'll have the IP address stored for whomever signed the petition under that email address, and that person obviously would have signed the petition under that IP address under their real email address first.

Then it will be very obvious who stole the email addresses.

Good idea. If anyone does get a IP address from iPetitions, send it to one of the mods and they can match it up with the IP addresses of the users here. Hopefully this works.

Yes...if you contact iPetitions and they provide you with an email address or an IP, please forward the information to me.

I'm going to say this one time...I *will* find out who did it. If I find out that it was someone from the board, I'm not going to be happy to say the least. So, here's the thing...

THIS IS YOUR LAST ATTEMPT TO 'FESS UP TO ME IF YOU DID IT. PM me privately, and you will remain anonymous. If I am not contacted within 24 hours and I find out it is a board member, said board member will not only be banned for life but will also face legal repercussions to the fullest extent of the law. I'm not playing. So, if you've done the deed, now's the chance to come clean.

Just want to make sure, did you get my message Billy?

If you didn't, I maintain my full innocence. I'm actually disgusted that someone did this!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: February 19, 2014, 06:36:54 PM »

I sure did... I have a few leads right now.

For those of you who have received emails and did not sign this petition, please PM me privately. I have some questions...

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
bluesno1fann
« Reply #158 on: February 19, 2014, 10:08:13 PM »

I sent another e-mail to iPetitions concerning the stolen e-mail addresses.

Here is what I sent:

"This morning I requested to cancel this petition:
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/save-the-dennis-wilson-biopic

However, I was wondering if it was possible for you to investigate if some E-mail addresses that have been hacked under the name Donald via IP address. The suspicious e-mail addresses which have signed the petition are:
SMiLE Brian
EgoHanger1966
Rab2591
Alan Smith
Amanda Hart
bgas
Wrightfan
Myk Luhv
Bubbly Waves
The people who actually own these addresses claim they didn't sign.
However, they are all from the Smiley Smile Message Board.
It would be great if you can help me out, as I am in a bit of trouble from these people because of this petition. They think I stole the e-mail addresses.

Regards,
Rei."

Hopefully, I would recieve a reply that helps resolve this situation.
Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 19, 2014, 10:26:44 PM »

Oh, I didn't even know I had "signed" this since, of course, I didn't and I don't think I even use the email address associated with my account here any more.
RiC
Smiley Smile Associate

One and Only

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 20, 2014, 12:13:22 AM »

Seriously, I don't get the attack that Little Bird and Retrokid are facing. And not only in this subject. If I understood correctly, anything doesn't point towards them. And why would they want to wreck their own petition? Doesn't make any sense. I'd start checking the people who have been pissed for them for any reason in the last couple weeks. Anyway, I hope this gets solved.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: February 20, 2014, 12:30:26 AM »

I don't think it is them either.

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 20, 2014, 02:53:03 AM »

I thought the Dennis Doc from a few years back was the definitive word on the guy and his life. I'm not sure how a movie about the guy would play out to be honest. We all know how the story ends and it's not a happy one. Of course I would backtrack on my above statement in a second if a movie would result in archive Dennis material being exhumed. Obviously some person out there wants a movie made about him at any cost.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 20, 2014, 11:38:59 AM »

I've said it before. There is only room for one Wilson movie this year and its 'Love and Mercy'. We know a Dennis character will be in it and who knows, maybe a lot that would be covered in a DW movie will feature, for better or worse.
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 20, 2014, 02:25:35 PM »

I thought the Dennis Doc from a few years back was the definitive word on the guy and his life. I'm not sure how a movie about the guy would play out to be honest. We all know how the story ends and it's not a happy one. Of course I would backtrack on my above statement in a second if a movie would result in archive Dennis material being exhumed. Obviously some person out there wants a movie made about him at any cost.

this was gonna be an expanded version of the Real Beach Boy Documentary not a movie (it's just that we thought it would be cool to show it in the theaters)

-Dennis Wilson
bluesno1fann
« Reply #165 on: February 21, 2014, 04:07:44 PM »

I got a reply from IPetitions saying:

"Hello,

I have attached the csv file with email addresses.
We do not have IP trackers linked to specific signatures, so we don't know which signature has which IP addresses. Please note that it is rather easy to change one's IP address, either by ipconfig reset or if someone has a dynamic server (which changes the address every time you log in/out or disconnect/connect), and such address can point out to one specific (wide) area, but you cannot compare it against someone's personal info without the assistance of service provider (which they will not do without a court order).
Essentially, as said before, anyone can sign a petition and enter a bogus address, or someone else's address if they know it, so you can explain to the owners of the falsely used addresses that you had nothing to do with that (and that their email accounts have not been jeopardized).
Thank you."

So the only way to find out the IP addresses is by asking the service provider, which can only be done with a court order.

I don't mind taking it to the next step and inform the authorities, but because it happened inside this forum, I think it's better if one of the moderators takes it to the next step if necessary.

However, I am prepared to take it to the next step without hesitation!

If anyone who has been affected but has yet to report, please let me or the moderators know ASAP.
Paulos
« Reply #166 on: February 22, 2014, 12:59:21 AM »

My name is on this 'petition' and I certainly didn't sign it. I haven't had any emails but someone has some explaining to do.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #167 on: February 22, 2014, 01:05:36 AM »

My name is on this 'petition' and I certainly didn't sign it. I haven't had any emails but someone has some explaining to do.

Thanks for letting us know Paulos, and I apologize that this happened to you on my petition.

Believe me, at the end we will find out who did this and give him the perma-ban he deserves!
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 22, 2014, 01:34:03 AM »

What's going on now?  The thread's name's change, the OPP's name's changed and the OPP's avatar' changed.  The petition's still online tho' – that's not changed.

“We live in divisive times.”
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 22, 2014, 02:28:53 AM »

"Hello,

Does this mean you now have my (and everyone else's) private email address?

Or were you just given the email's of the users you mentioned?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 02:30:22 AM by Woodstock » Logged

Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: February 22, 2014, 03:05:08 AM »

Not a good time to be changing usernames and thread titles...

bluesno1fann
« Reply #171 on: February 22, 2014, 04:07:00 AM »

"Hello,

Does this mean you now have my (and everyone else's) private email address?

Or were you just given the email's of the users you mentioned?

The person did send me the csv file containing the email of everyone who signed. So yes I do, but really I don't care if I do or not. What I do care about is to get to the bottom of this sh*t.

Not a good time to be changing usernames and thread titles...

I changed the thread title as a message to the arsehole who hacked the victim's email addresses.

What's going on now?  The thread's name's change, the OPP's name's changed and the OPP's avatar' changed.  The petition's still online tho' – that's not changed.

Well I was going to change my username and avatar anyway.
The petition hasn't been deleted yet, and it hasn't been deleted because I've been in contact with iPetitions concerning this incident and I don't want to delete the petition until we find out who hacked those email addresses. Got a feeling that won't happen until the Police get involved, so we'll see Smiley
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 04:15:44 AM by Mr. Jarhead » Logged
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 22, 2014, 04:44:32 AM »

*sigh* my email is all over the place now.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 22, 2014, 05:06:18 AM »

As it turns out, their terms and condition state that the user who started the petition will receive your information.
http://www.ipetitions.com/faq#signers_01

"Even if you check this box, we will never release your email address or other information to any third party. The only other person or group who will receive your information is the host of the petition you have signed. iPetitions cannot control how that individual or group uses your information, but we take privacy violations very seriously and if you suspect that your information is being misused, we urge you to contact us immediately with all the relevant information. You can read more about our privacy policies here."

Dang

Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: February 22, 2014, 05:44:49 AM »

I changed the thread title as a message to the arsehole who hacked the victim's email addresses.

No one is gonna "get busted" judging by the feedback you are receiving from ipetition. No ip tracking puts an end to that. Opening a police case? drama, drama, drama........this is a whole load of bull.....

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx