gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681222 Posts in 27630 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 29, 2024, 08:51:23 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys Survivor #16 WINNER: TIME TO GET ALONE!!!  (Read 67730 times)
zachrwolfe
« Reply #150 on: January 05, 2014, 09:22:40 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:31:49 PM by zatch » Logged
baseball95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 05, 2014, 09:29:34 PM »

Never Learn Not to Love
The Dumb Angel
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 05, 2014, 09:29:38 PM »

Okay... well can you two please stop calling us crazy just because a Dennis song was voted off that you happen to like.  Smiley

Getting upset that a song/songwriter that you like isn't as well received as you'd like them to be is completely natural, but please, let's not make a big fuss over it anymore.

I was mainly upset when someone complained about people "exalting Dennis", that's what set me off.  And I can respect your opinions but what that guy said was not cool at all   Undecided
Nope. That wasn't cool, and I can understand why that would make you upset, but all the fussing isn't going help. In the end, you both will still have the same opinion.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 09:34:38 PM by TheDumbAngel » Logged
Summer_Days
Smiley Smile Associate

...and your dream comes true.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: January 05, 2014, 09:44:27 PM »

'Never Learn Not To Love'. STILL.

Wouldn't it be nice if we were older, then we wouldn't have to wait so long
And wouldn't it be nice to live together, in the kind of world where we belong?
http://wildsmiley.weebly.com
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 05, 2014, 09:55:18 PM »

Okay... well can you two please stop calling us crazy just because a Dennis song was voted off that you happen to like.  Smiley

Getting upset that a song/songwriter that you like isn't as well received as you'd like them to be is completely natural, but please, let's not make a big fuss over it anymore.

I was mainly upset when someone complained about people "exalting Dennis", that's what set me off.  And I can respect your opinions but what that guy said was not cool at all   Undecided
Nope. That wasn't cool, and I can understand why that would make you upset, but all the fussing isn't going help. In the end, you both will still have the same opinion.

You make some great points Smiley but it's not fair how Denny is constantly being compared to Brian when they're in two different leagues and have two different styles   Undecided and I know not everyone on this board is doing that but some people are and it's getting old fast.   

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 05, 2014, 10:00:27 PM »

Well, to be fair, the point of these threads is to compare.
At this point, Dennis will inevitably be compared to Brian, as they're going head to head. The same thing will happen to the rest of the band mate as we move on down the line of albums.
Menace Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 05, 2014, 10:13:23 PM »

All I Want To Do

"Jeff, you care." --BW
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 05, 2014, 10:20:26 PM »

At this point, Dennis will inevitably be compared to Brian, as they're going head to head. The same thing will happen to the rest of the band mate as we move on down the line of albums.

Ok but the tone of some of these posts is that Denny had no talent at all and that his songs were mediocre which isn't true.  he was already thought of as the "no talent" member and the Friends and 20/20 album is when he proved those people wrong.  People can express their opinion without disrespecting him.  Most I've read from these posts are how bad his songs are and how bad he is as a songwriter  Undecided

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 05, 2014, 10:20:35 PM »

This is the point of the survivor rounds - to see what songs the majority likes/dislikes

I swear, they're becoming like OSD was at his worst, but instead of anti-Mike, it's pro-Denny.

Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 05, 2014, 10:21:22 PM »

Ok but the tone of some of these posts is that Denny had no talent at all and that his songs were mediocre which isn't true.  he was already thought of as the "no talent" member and the Friends and 20/20 album is when he proved those people wrong.  People can express their opinion without disrespecting him.  Most I've read from these posts are how bad his songs are and how bad he is as a songwriter  Undecided

Dennis is a GREAT songwriter and singer. That doesn't mean he never wrote some bad songs. He did.

musicismylife101
Smiley Smile Associate

The introverted phlegmatic ecapist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: January 05, 2014, 10:21:51 PM »

Cotton Fields

bluesno1fann
« Reply #161 on: January 05, 2014, 10:24:43 PM »

Perfect example = Gabo
bluesno1fann
« Reply #162 on: January 05, 2014, 10:27:09 PM »

Dennis is a GREAT songwriter and singer. That doesn't mean he never wrote some bad songs. He did.

That's correct. But none of his songs from Friends or 20/20 are bad
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 05, 2014, 10:36:32 PM »

yes he was  Smiley and I'm not saying all his songs were great and should win  Undecided I'm saying that people shouldn't just base their opinions about his songs on the stuff that Brian's done because he was far ahead of all of them. and I know not everyone is doing that, I'm talking about the people who are and the people who hate Never Learn Not to Love just because of what happened with Manson.  a lot of people can't talk about Denny for 5 minutes without bringing that creep up   Wall. (and I know no one here has) I'm talking about in general  

-Dennis Wilson
SIP Mike
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin' To The Beach!

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 05, 2014, 10:37:15 PM »

Denny was good when he tried. Have you guys heard him sing "You've Got To Hide Your Love Away"? Probably his best recorded moment.

Mike wrote it with Paul McCartney and Rengu Starr with Dennis's voice in mind  Smiley

Dennis's best stuff is usually associated with Mike's writing. What a talent Mike was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjmITL1qhAQ
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 10:41:23 PM by SIP Mike » Logged

Music, after all, is all about lifting mood.
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: January 05, 2014, 10:38:02 PM »

Ok but the tone of some of these posts is that Denny had no talent at all and that his songs were mediocre which isn't true.  he was already thought of as the "no talent" member and the Friends and 20/20 album is when he proved those people wrong.  People can express their opinion without disrespecting him.  Most I've read from these posts are how bad his songs are and how bad he is as a songwriter  Undecided

Perfect example = Gabo

Yes he's the one who started this  Angry
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 10:41:22 PM by retrokid67 » Logged

-Dennis Wilson
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 05, 2014, 10:40:19 PM »

Denny was good when he tried. Have you guys heard him sing "You've Got To Hide Your Love Away"? Probably his best recorded moment.

Mike wrote it with Paul McCartney and Rengu Starr with Dennis's voice in mind  Smiley

Dennis's best stuff is usually associated with Mike's writing. What a talent Mike was.

Really?  That's awesome.  Mike co-wrote so many Beatles songs, he deserves more credit.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 10:42:41 PM by Rocky Raccoon » Logged

retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 05, 2014, 10:42:17 PM »

Really?  That's awesome.  Mike co-wrote so many Beatles songs, he deserves more credit.

His rendition is beautiful and he would tear the house down with it according to "The Beach Boys In Concert" book  Grin

-Dennis Wilson
SIP Mike
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin' To The Beach!

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 05, 2014, 10:44:02 PM »

Mike does deserve more credit. I spend as much as possible on this board going from thread to thread telling everyone how good he is. If I don't do that, he might not get the Love at large he desrves  Smiley

Love and Love,
SIPM

Music, after all, is all about lifting mood.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #169 on: January 05, 2014, 10:44:41 PM »

Really?  That's awesome.  Mike co-wrote so many Beatles songs, he deserves more credit.

His rendition is beautiful and he would tear the house down with it according to "The Beach Boys In Concert" book  Grin

Mike does deserve more credit. I spend as much as possible on this board going from thread to thread telling everyone how good he is. If I don't do that, he might not get the Love at large he desrves  Smiley

Love and Love,
SIPM

Nope.
John Lennon wrote the whole song by himself at his home, and the song was inspired by Bob Dylan.

Nice try, SIP Mike  LOL
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 05, 2014, 10:46:26 PM »

Think about it.  The song is called You've Got to Hide Your LOVE Away.  Mike's last name is LOVE.  Coincidence?  WAKE UP, AMERICA!

retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 05, 2014, 10:46:46 PM »

Okay... well can you two please stop calling us crazy just because a Dennis song was voted off that you happen to like.  Smiley

This is the point of the survivor rounds - to see what songs the majority likes/dislikes

I swear, they're becoming like OSD was at his worst, but instead of anti-Mike, it's pro-Denny.

w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t!

-Dennis Wilson
bluesno1fann
« Reply #172 on: January 05, 2014, 10:50:06 PM »

This thread has degenerated from a legitimate Survivor round to a Denny-centric argument to a trollfest starring Smiley Smile Forum's most prolific trolls SIP Mike and Juice Bronston

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 10:55:37 PM by MessOfHelp101 » Logged
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 05, 2014, 10:51:29 PM »

This thread turned from a legitimate Survivor round to a Denny-centric argument to a trollfest starring SIP Mike and Juice Bronston

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

the things we do for our band  LOL

-Dennis Wilson
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 05, 2014, 10:57:07 PM »

All I Want To Do.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 23 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx