gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680815 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 10:02:08 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Al Jardine says there's a BAD conflict w/Mike. Aka: The welcome back AGD thread  (Read 59950 times)
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 22, 2013, 08:14:31 AM »

...reminds me of Alan's recent "explosive" interview in that once you read what was actually said, a huge damp squib.

"He can't keep a lid on his Jar(dine): Fireworks fly as former Beach Boy Al Jardine shakes the very core the entertainment industry, and indeed the universe, with explosive new information, leaving nothing but piles of desecrated rubble in the aftermath of his atom bomb. Details on page 2."
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #351 on: August 22, 2013, 09:55:35 AM »

Film at eleven ?

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 22, 2013, 10:08:07 AM »

Film at eleven ?

Hey, you stole my material!

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #353 on: August 22, 2013, 10:16:20 AM »

Have the band *ever* tried to actually bill themselves *collectively* as “The Original Beach Boys?” Not that I can remember. The C50 band didn’t even use this verbiage, Mike and Bruce don’t try to use it, nor did anybody in the “BAD” situation including Al ever say they wanted to collectively bill any grouping as “THE Original Beach Boys.”

At C50 Foskett annouced them individually as "Welcome original Beach Boy David Marks..." and so on. I think they are not trying to bill themselves as "The Original Beach Boys" as opposed to the fake ones, rather that each one of the three actually IS an original Beach Boy.

I think I'm going to form a group called "The Fake Beach Boys". I'll play bass. All I need is a short guitarist, a chubby one, a balding singer and a sexy drummer. Any volunteers? Grin

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #354 on: August 22, 2013, 10:21:10 AM »

I think I'm going to form a group called "The Fake Beach Boys". I'll play bass. All I need is a short guitarist, a chubby one, a balding singer and a sexy drummer. Any volunteers? Grin

I wouldn't fit any of those roles, but perhaps I could rig up another fake mixing board for the domineering father character to play with in the studio.   Grin

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Summer_Days
Smiley Smile Associate

...and your dream comes true.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #355 on: August 22, 2013, 10:22:59 AM »

I'm not short, chubby, balding or sexy (according to some ladies anyway) but I wanna be in the band. Tell you what, I'll be The Lost Fake Beach Boy.

Wouldn't it be nice if we were older, then we wouldn't have to wait so long
And wouldn't it be nice to live together, in the kind of world where we belong?
http://wildsmiley.weebly.com
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #356 on: August 22, 2013, 10:29:27 AM »

Anyone remember the mid-80's "New Coke" controversy? By the time Coca-Cola tried to repair all the damage they had caused their brand identity by changing the product, they created a situation where "Coca Cola" became "New Coke", but consumers could also buy "Classic Coke", which somehow never tasted the same as the old original Coca Cola in the green bottles. So if you wanted to buy a Coke, would you buy New Coke or Classic Coke? Then New Coke disappeared, as did Classic Coke, and you could buy Coca Cola again. But could you really feel confident that what you were buying was the real Coca Cola?

Confused?  Cheesy

The closest thing to buying the old/original/classic Coke now can be found as its being bottled in Mexico, made with pure cane sugar or something and sold for over a dollar per bottle in certain grocery stores.

So maybe the solution to all this Beach Boys confusion might somehow be found in Mexico, who knows.  Grin

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 22, 2013, 10:39:49 AM »

Anyone remember the mid-80's "New Coke" controversy? By the time Coca-Cola tried to repair all the damage they had caused their brand identity by changing the product, they created a situation where "Coca Cola" became "New Coke", but consumers could also buy "Classic Coke", which somehow never tasted the same as the old original Coca Cola in the green bottles. So if you wanted to buy a Coke, would you buy New Coke or Classic Coke? Then New Coke disappeared, as did Classic Coke, and you could buy Coca Cola again. But could you really feel confident that what you were buying was the real Coca Cola?

Confused?  Cheesy

The closest thing to buying the old/original/classic Coke now can be found as its being bottled in Mexico, made with pure cane sugar or something and sold for over a dollar per bottle in certain grocery stores.

So maybe the solution to all this Beach Boys confusion might somehow be found in Mexico, who knows.  Grin

Do you know why there's 4-colored hazardous materials signs on the side of the tanker trucks used to carry the raw material (acidic acid) of Coke to the manufacturing plant? Because it's so caustic that it will eat asphalt. It's also used to clean the rust and corrosion off of chrome bumpers. Imagine what it does to your teeth!

But I still love it!

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 22, 2013, 10:45:43 AM »

The only time I ever drink Coke is on Christmas Eve... and yes, it's the Mexican glass bottled variety. Otherwise, no thanks.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #359 on: August 22, 2013, 10:57:31 AM »

On a related note I think some of Mike's stage wear from the 70's was radioactive.  Grin

Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: August 22, 2013, 11:09:11 AM »

Have the band *ever* tried to actually bill themselves *collectively* as “The Original Beach Boys?” Not that I can remember. The C50 band didn’t even use this verbiage, Mike and Bruce don’t try to use it, nor did anybody in the “BAD” situation including Al ever say they wanted to collectively bill any grouping as “THE Original Beach Boys.”

At C50 Foskett annouced them individually as "Welcome original Beach Boy David Marks..." and so on. I think they are not trying to bill themselves as "The Original Beach Boys" as opposed to the fake ones, rather that each one of the three actually IS an original Beach Boy.

I am a 6'3, 230 llb red head with a receding hair line. I usually sport a beard as well. I sing well, but don't play instruments. I am sure I could manage a tamborine or slide theremin. Only problem is, my voice is more like a young Dennis then Mike.

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 22, 2013, 11:18:42 AM »

Confused?  Cheesy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Coke

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 22, 2013, 11:33:11 AM »

I can clap my hands incessantly and adjust my mic stand constantly do I qualify?  Grin

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 22, 2013, 11:35:22 AM »

Things go better with coke.

It didn't for Brian Wilson though.

Cyncie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 22, 2013, 02:08:51 PM »

Hey! I wanna be in the band. I'm a pretty good singer, and I think I wear sequins at least as well as Mike does. If we're the Fake Beach Boys, would it matter if one of the Boys is actually a girl?
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 22, 2013, 02:58:04 PM »

Did Mike not have a problem with Coke (sponsoring the Monterrey Pop Festival)?  Or maybe Pepsi.  Now what is the link between Coke and this thread?  Well it is after all called the "Real Thing" a bit like the real Beach Boys!  Smiley.
Phoenix
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 22, 2013, 03:32:04 PM »

I can offer you a balding drummer.  Grin

And while I realize I'm a little late:  WELCOME BACK, ANDREW!!!!   Rock!
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 22, 2013, 05:13:30 PM »

The only time I ever drink Coke is on Christmas Eve... and yes, it's the Mexican glass bottled variety. Otherwise, no thanks.
In the green glass bottle! Yeah, baby! The pause that refreshes!

But, there is a special Kosher batch with real sugar for Passover, no high fructose corn syrup!

Not from Mexico.

Delish!  Wink
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 22, 2013, 05:14:10 PM »

On a related note I think some of Mike's stage wear from the 70's was radioactive.  Grin

If those trousers were any higher they'd be cutting off Mike's air supply.

I am a 6'3, 230 llb red head with a receding hair line. I usually sport a beard as well. I sing well, but don't play instruments. I am sure I could manage a tamborine or slide theremin. Only problem is, my voice is more like a young Dennis then Mike.

Have you tried putting a peg on your nose?

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 22, 2013, 08:16:46 PM »

If those trousers were any higher they'd be cutting off Mike's air supply.

Have you tried putting a peg on your nose?

What goiod is a pug on his nose going to be? more likely the dog will bite him

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 22, 2013, 08:31:47 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/rob.hendrick.79

I guess in some photos I look like Mike.

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 22, 2013, 10:27:29 PM »

Oh I'm so sorry. We never knew! LOL
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #372 on: August 23, 2013, 01:41:41 AM »

Why, I'd never have thought my remark would cause so much response! Smiley

I'm not short, chubby, balding or sexy (according to some ladies anyway) but I wanna be in the band. Tell you what, I'll be The Lost Fake Beach Boy.

All right, you're Fake Dave. Smiley

While I'm not of Brian's caliber of course, my falsetto deos sound better when I sing it out of the side of my mouth, so I'm Fake Brian. Foskett should try that too. Cheesy

I can clap my hands incessantly and adjust my mic stand constantly do I qualify?  Grin

Well, do you wear shorts? If not, out you go! Grin

Hey! I wanna be in the band. I'm a pretty good singer, and I think I wear sequins at least as well as Mike does. If we're the Fake Beach Boys, would it matter if one of the Boys is actually a girl?

Welcome Fake Marilyn! (Don't forget to bring your sister! Grin)

And... welcome back Fake Murry! Grin

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Loaf
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 23, 2013, 01:51:15 AM »

USA Coca Cola uses high fructose corn syrup (HFCS), which means that Coke tastes different. I don't like the 'sweet' flavour of HFCS, and it leaves a slightly unpleasant aftertaste. High fructose corn syrup can also lead to health problems.

Coca Cola in Mexico and elsewhere, such as the UK, just use sugar, good ol' glucose, for the sweetener.

So we have a situation where one of the most American symbols of all time (in terms of leisure/pleasure, choice, commerce, capitalism, global branding) is actually inferior in its homeland because HFCS is cheaper.

Do you remember when you were young and 'processed added sugar' was the bad guy? Well, now it's the lesser of two evils compared to HFCS.
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 31, 2013, 09:16:05 PM »

So ....how goes the bad vs mike conflict over use of the brand name....and I'm not talking about soda pop.

does bad get to mention they are beachboys?
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx