gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680849 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 27, 2024, 07:21:24 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Poll
Question: Should this discussion be moved to the Sandbox?
Naahh, Beach Boys, SMiLE and drugs is as on-topic as can be - 99 (67.8%)
It's about time, I've requested this at least 20 pages back - 27 (18.5%)
Who cares, it isn't going to be released anyway - 11 (7.5%)
I don't like drugs and I don't like SMiLE, we might as well delete this discussion - 2 (1.4%)
The SMiLE music and drug use cloud this discussion - 7 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 138

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 ... 380 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SMiLE Sessions box set!  (Read 1737658 times)
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: April 18, 2011, 02:26:56 PM »

SMiLE is coming.

1000th post  Grin

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
A Million Units In Jan!
« Reply #1001 on: April 18, 2011, 03:26:40 PM »

SMiLE is coming.

1000th post  Grin

Out of the 1000 posts, how many actually contributed anything?
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: April 18, 2011, 03:30:42 PM »

SMiLE is coming.

1000th post  Grin

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
A Million Units In Jan!
« Reply #1003 on: April 18, 2011, 03:33:40 PM »

SMiLE is coming.

1000th post  Grin

That number may be high. But I like your positive attitude  Cheesy
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: April 18, 2011, 03:40:05 PM »

SMiLE is coming.

1000th post  Grin

That number may be high. But I like your positive attitude  Cheesy
After recent events I am trying to remain up-beat and positive.. LOL

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
Me ,2015.
homeontherange
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: April 18, 2011, 03:46:06 PM »

Both versions of Wind Chimes. Long Fade and BWPS fade.

Holidays with the Whisperin' Winds vocal round overdubbed'... not the Purple Chick version, but a much better version.

I want them to mix Wind Chimes take 5 from Unsurpassed Masters 17 (which I think is by far the best version) with vocals. I tried it on my own bootleg and it sounds really good.
That Wind Chimes take is pretty much my favorite piece of Smile music. Check it out if you haven't heard it!

And I would like them to turn the bass up in Fire. That really dark, sinister bassline is almost impossible to hear in BWPS. I don't know why they mixed it like that.
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: April 18, 2011, 03:53:35 PM »

Both versions of Wind Chimes. Long Fade and BWPS fade.

Holidays with the Whisperin' Winds vocal round overdubbed'... not the Purple Chick version, but a much better version.

yeah the purple chick one isn't of high quality.  i hope there's better. 
DonnaK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: April 19, 2011, 08:01:56 PM »

I'm putting my son through college starting this fall......one of my best friends promised to make me a copy.......It's the copy or the son doesn't attend school.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: April 20, 2011, 12:40:16 AM »

C'mon Donna, call yourself a fan? There are agencies and charities will take him off your hands... Make him work harder, to win a scholarship. Send him out to work so you can buy two copies! A real fan is always looking for solutions.
My two-year-old starts cleaning the inside of chimneys next week!
Everyone here - take a moment; look at your kid and ask yourself: ''What do I want most? SMiLE, or a lifetime of financial hardship?''

>:Dm

“We live in divisive times.”
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: April 20, 2011, 01:20:15 AM »

OK, I'm going to regret posting this, but:  I saw Alan Boyd last night and I asked him specifically what new stuff they had found so far for the SMiLE sessions.  His first answer back to me was, "well, what have you heard?"  Which was a fair question given the avalanche of bootlegs that have gotten out there.  I'm not going to relay the contents of a private conversation, and he of course didn't talk too much about details, but I don't think he'd be too bothered if I relayed that they have found some new stuff.  Of what was told to me, one thing in particular that he said they had just discovered raised an eyebrow and made me go "whoa, really?"

My take on it, based on the minimal information I was told, was that there will be some cool unheard material, but people should also keep their hopes in check, because some of the "holy grail" material just isn't there to be found.  Also keep in mind that Alan and Mark don't have the final say on what gets released.  But you know those guys will do the best they can, and we should all thank them for their efforts.

On the topic of wishlists, this post from Adamghost has me intrigued. I wonder what the piece in question could be? I know the recent Barnyard quote on the 78 has people speculating that a vocals Barnyard has been found - that would be fantastic. Better still, a vintage H&V that incorporates the Barnyard tag! I certainly find it interesting that they chose to quote Barnyard on the H&V 78. After all, it was the tag to that song at one point, but it's not as if that's common knowledge so it was by no means an obvious quote to put on there. Of course, if they'd found a vocals version, or a Heroes that included Barnyard it would all make perfect sense !!...

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
OBLiO
Smiley Smile Associate

Do The Hokey Pokey with all your might

View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: April 20, 2011, 02:07:46 AM »

OK, I'm going to regret posting this, but:  I saw Alan Boyd last night and I asked him specifically what new stuff they had found so far for the SMiLE sessions.  His first answer back to me was, "well, what have you heard?"  Which was a fair question given the avalanche of bootlegs that have gotten out there.  I'm not going to relay the contents of a private conversation, and he of course didn't talk too much about details, but I don't think he'd be too bothered if I relayed that they have found some new stuff.  Of what was told to me, one thing in particular that he said they had just discovered raised an eyebrow and made me go "whoa, really?"

My take on it, based on the minimal information I was told, was that there will be some cool unheard material, but people should also keep their hopes in check, because some of the "holy grail" material just isn't there to be found.  Also keep in mind that Alan and Mark don't have the final say on what gets released.  But you know those guys will do the best they can, and we should all thank them for their efforts.

On the topic of wishlists, this post from Adamghost has me intrigued. I wonder what the piece in question could be? I know the recent Barnyard quote on the 78 has people speculating that a vocals Barnyard has been found - that would be fantastic. Better still, a vintage H&V that incorporates the Barnyard tag! I certainly find it interesting that they chose to quote Barnyard on the H&V 78. After all, it was the tag to that song at one point, but it's not as if that's common knowledge so it was by no means an obvious quote to put on there. Of course, if they'd found a vocals version, or a Heroes that included Barnyard it would all make perfect sense !!...

What if it's the version of Heroes & Villains that Brian was to have erased. And maybe the changed lyric from "Do a two and half" to "Do two and a half" is an indicator. That would be cool.

"Remember - only you can prevent forest fires" - Smokey the Bear
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1011 on: April 20, 2011, 05:04:21 AM »

I know the recent Barnyard quote on the 78 has people speculating that a vocals Barnyard has been found.

Don't see why - said lyric has been in the public domain since the release of Hawthorne, CA. All it proves - if anything - is that whoever oversaw the project knows their Smile trivia.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: April 20, 2011, 05:32:42 AM »

I know the recent Barnyard quote on the 78 has people speculating that a vocals Barnyard has been found.

Don't see why - said lyric has been in the public domain since the release of Hawthorne, CA. All it proves - if anything - is that whoever oversaw the project knows their Smile trivia.

So AGD, on a related note, do you know what new material has been found for this box? A wink emoticon, or typically evasive response, will suffice.

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: April 20, 2011, 05:33:27 AM »

Endless Harmony, you mean?

I have no idea what the 'whoa' thing could be. Safe bet's a 'big' Heroes & Villains mix, or a missing lead vocal.

I want a tracklist Sad

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: April 20, 2011, 05:46:43 AM »

i feel like the tracklist isn't gonna tell us tooo much.  i guess the times will a little bit.  i hope they tag this sucker with you're welcome. i like that.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1015 on: April 20, 2011, 09:40:18 AM »

So AGD, on a related note, do you know what new material has been found for this box? A wink emoticon, or typically evasive response, will suffice.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1016 on: April 20, 2011, 09:41:38 AM »

LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

..Stand back, Speak normally

View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: April 20, 2011, 03:23:57 PM »

It would be sweet to have the Vigo-version of Vega-tables...it is my favorite version, although the Vega-tables crossfade on the box set was pretty sweet; albeit manufactured. The keyboard overdub on the tag of the Smiley version is amazing too, hopefully that pops up on the box set.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: April 20, 2011, 06:26:10 PM »

If this really is coming out in July it wouldn't be unrealistic to expect the artwork/tracklist in early May.

This wait is horrible

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

..Stand back, Speak normally

View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: April 20, 2011, 06:41:57 PM »

As a child I would get this excited about Christmas. Now that I've grown a bit it is a different kind of anticipation for Christmas. However this wait for the box set is just like being a kid waiting for Christmas...
OneEar/OneEye
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: April 20, 2011, 06:44:27 PM »

I have this (irrationale?) fear i am going to be hit by a bus, or some such thing before this freakin' thing comes out!   Tongue
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: April 20, 2011, 06:50:45 PM »

I wonder if any bookies have fixed a market for the release of SMiLE. Released in July 1-2 on, released in August 1-1 even money, not released at all 5-1 etc etc..

Some Guy, 2012
Me ,2015.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: April 20, 2011, 06:57:00 PM »

I have this (irrationale?) fear i am going to be hit by a bus, or some such thing before this freakin' thing comes out!   Tongue

Not irrational. In this life ANY time something good happens something worse usually follows (or precedes). However I have faith that the universal powers-that-be will at least let me open the box and look, but as soon as I hit play on the stereo system an asteroid will come jutting into my neck of the woods...thus colossally ruining any chance I have at listening to a pristine track of 'Holidays'. Grin

Just kidding, I got to hear 'Summer In Paradise' without anything bad happening to me - so maybe I'll skate by just fine with SMiLE.... Wink

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: April 20, 2011, 11:02:54 PM »

Not irrational. In this life ANY time something good happens something worse usually follows (or precedes). However I have faith that the universal powers-that-be will at least let me open the box and look, but as soon as I hit play on the stereo system an asteroid will come jutting into my neck of the woods...thus colossally ruining any chance I have at listening to a pristine track of 'Holidays'. Grin

Just kidding, I got to hear 'Summer In Paradise' without anything bad happening to me - so maybe I'll skate by just fine with SMiLE.... Wink

I would class listening to "Summer in Paradise" as something bad happening to you in itself.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1024 on: April 21, 2011, 12:26:09 AM »

I would class listening to "Summer in Paradise" as something bad happening to you in itself.

Damn - beat me to it !  Grin

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 ... 380 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx