gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681020 Posts in 27627 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 16, 2024, 12:10:40 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Poll
Question: Should this discussion be moved to the Sandbox?
Naahh, Beach Boys, SMiLE and drugs is as on-topic as can be - 99 (67.8%)
It's about time, I've requested this at least 20 pages back - 27 (18.5%)
Who cares, it isn't going to be released anyway - 11 (7.5%)
I don't like drugs and I don't like SMiLE, we might as well delete this discussion - 2 (1.4%)
The SMiLE music and drug use cloud this discussion - 7 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 138

Pages: 1 ... 268 269 270 271 272 [273] 274 275 276 277 278 ... 380 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SMiLE Sessions box set!  (Read 1742975 times)
GeorgeFellInHisHorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6800 on: September 20, 2011, 09:20:07 AM »

Anyone think Paul asked Mike a sh*t ton of Smile questions while in India together? So then what happened Mike? And then what? Tell me more. Do you think it would've beat Pepper, be honest. Did Brian say he liked She's Leaving Home when I played it for him? I mean, he told me he did but... you know.

hahahaha LOL

Paul McCartney - Just your average BW fan

buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #6801 on: September 21, 2011, 08:10:44 AM »

Teddy B at the Hoffman thread:

A critic friend in NYC just got one of the 5 CD set. It says it's watermarked, and I would assume otherwise designed to discourage dissemination. No further info except I replied I was jealous.

I thought they were supposed to be streaming it from a secure site for critics?

November issues for the main music mags will be out in a few days, and I'm wondering if we'll see any reviews yet.

Also, if promo copies are being circulated might we have a key of disney scenario?

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6802 on: September 21, 2011, 08:19:47 AM »

All I'm saying is, I hope not because A) the stupid git who leaks it will signing on quicker than Eugene Landy in 1991 and B) I might not be able to resist temptation and not download it....

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6803 on: September 21, 2011, 08:27:13 AM »

A critic friend in NYC just got one of the 5 CD set. It says it's watermarked, and I would assume otherwise designed to discourage dissemination. No further info except I replied I was jealous.

November issues for the main music mags will be out in a few days, and I'm wondering if we'll see any reviews yet.

Also, if promo copies are being circulated might we have a key of disney scenario?

If he's claiming to have a physical CD, I'd be most surprised. Uncut have reviewed the 5CD set for forthcoming publication.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #6804 on: September 21, 2011, 08:37:54 AM »

If he's claiming to have a physical CD, I'd be most surprised. Uncut have reviewed the 5CD set for forthcoming publication.

This ain't the first Hoffmanite claim to have a review disc. Last one turned out to be bollocks also.

This is one set I don't want to hear in advance anyways. Happy to wait for the real deal.  Checking the post every morning for Mojo and UnCut* though… looking forward to the reviews and any accompanying features/interviews.

* If the set had a momentary appearance by Neil Young, the set would be Uncut's front page picture story with umpteen devoted pages.  As it is, Neil's not been on the cover for more than three issues so he's either 1) Dead or 2) Allan Jones is no longer editor  LOL

“We live in divisive times.”
puni puni
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6805 on: September 21, 2011, 08:41:39 AM »

hah watermarked how? a ghost will pop out if he tries to copy it? i won't be surprised if a leak happens within the next week or so...
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #6806 on: September 21, 2011, 08:41:43 AM »

Good news about the forthcoming Uncut review. When's that hit the shops?

Fingers crossed it's in Mojo too as I do have a subscription for that. WeeHelper, when does Mojo usually arrive? I always mean to make a note and then forget!

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6807 on: September 21, 2011, 09:05:05 AM »

hah watermarked how? a ghost will pop out if he tries to copy it? i won't be surprised if a leak happens within the next week or so...

I can imagine that they can be watermarked a variety of ways....maybe one track will end a second short, etc. IINM, when the Paley sessions leaked, the original source lent copies to friends, each with a distinct way of identifying who the culprit was if they leaked. I know one of the leak tapes can be identified because it plays back fast...

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
puni puni
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6808 on: September 21, 2011, 09:09:56 AM »

ahh, that makes sense. you would never know how they messed with it!
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6809 on: September 21, 2011, 10:44:54 AM »

I think the best way to do it is overdub someone saying "THIS IS A PROMOTIONAL COPY FOR INDIVIDUAL USE ONLY. PLEASE DO NOT DISTRIBUTE." in a cold, monotonous voice over the most beautiful moments of each song.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Tricycle Rider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6810 on: September 21, 2011, 11:56:57 AM »

Mr. Schneider over on the Hoffman forum is talking about hearing some of it last night!

"We skipped most of the H&V & Vibes discs and went for the meat of discs 1, 3 & 4.
I've got all the SOT sets and asst. SMiLE boots and projects. There are definitely some surprises! The Wild Honey Surf's Up is pretty damn fantastic! It's great to hear all the stuff in perfect quality that has only been heard in questionable quality for years- YAMS, Child/Father, etc. Linett added lots to the SMiLE album proper if these aren't original mixes, that is. The album itself is definitely an interesting listen- on par with a 'fan mix' but from tape sources. The vocal highlights track is fascinating.

I must add that I'll be purchasing the following: 2CD, 2LP & box sets. I'm obsessive that way."

Smiley

Some of our forum members suffer from an acute form of cynicism resulting in a complete lack of patience and manners in the face of anything joyful or optimistic. Try to humor them as best you can for the time being, and one day, with your help, we will find a cure for this devastating disease. This has been a public service announcement.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6811 on: September 21, 2011, 12:20:37 PM »

BS. I could've written that same paragraph having not heard ANYTHING.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6812 on: September 21, 2011, 12:22:41 PM »

we need to ramp it up in here if we're going to hit 300 pages before this comes out.

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6813 on: September 21, 2011, 12:31:35 PM »

Fishmonk (or anybody) would you please repost an updated Smile box track listing that you posted earlier? You know, the one complete with your notes on what has already been released (or what hasn't)?  Or just provide a link to the original list would be fine.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 12:42:26 PM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
ghost
« Reply #6814 on: September 21, 2011, 01:00:38 PM »

Wild Honey Surf's Up is pretty fantastic...

Kind of nondescript praise for this elusive entity, no?
The Demon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6815 on: September 21, 2011, 01:09:43 PM »

Yeah.  I would expect a fan to overrate it, not undersell it.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6816 on: September 21, 2011, 01:48:57 PM »

Ah, here we go.   Thanks, Jason!

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,10016.msg206813.html#msg206813

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Jason
« Reply #6817 on: September 21, 2011, 03:00:07 PM »

I posted that link like two days ago, dude!  LOL
modrevolve
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #6818 on: September 21, 2011, 03:06:06 PM »

Do you guys know that its down to $103 on Amazon.ca. Amazon didn't recognize the drop in price on my pre-order so I canceled it and created a new one at the lower price..the currency exchange is pretty much even with the American dollar.

http://www.amazon.ca/Smile-Sessions-Box-Set-5CD/dp/B004RFYEEC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316642654&sr=8-1
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #6819 on: September 21, 2011, 03:11:05 PM »

Do you guys know that its down to $103 on Amazon.ca. Amazon didn't recognize the drop in price on my pre-order so I canceled it and created a new one at the lower price..the currency exchange is pretty much even with the American dollar.

http://www.amazon.ca/Smile-Sessions-Box-Set-5CD/dp/B004RFYEEC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316642654&sr=8-1

Yeah it's been that way for a few days..

Amazing price and awesome to see it's Number #1

Take that Adele

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6820 on: September 21, 2011, 03:19:25 PM »

I posted that link like two days ago, dude!  LOL

I know man, I didn't see it until today after I posted the request here.  I was more or less looking to see if it'd been updated or if anybody had any issues with it. And sure enough...... 

dmcguire70
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6821 on: September 21, 2011, 05:54:41 PM »

Yes I'ts inevitable that it will be bootlegged watermark or not.I can't see how they can copy proof the set if it's digitally released on I tunes.

"I loaned you money when the funds weren't too cool"

"The ocean scares me."
..................................Brian Wilson, 1976
ghost
« Reply #6822 on: September 21, 2011, 05:58:01 PM »

Perhaps Jeff Foskett's personal copy of The Smile Sessions will go mysteriously missing soon and end up on the net and the lawyers will find out it was his copy and Brian will be so pissed and fire him and then he'll go right to the studio to start work on Pleasure Island now that buzz kill Foskett is no longer around......

ehh, a gal can dream, can't she?
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6823 on: September 21, 2011, 06:09:35 PM »

Yeah I'm calling BS too - that track will elicit strong responses one way or the other, certainly not non-descript and vague like this.
dmcguire70
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6824 on: September 21, 2011, 06:21:31 PM »

Has anyone noticed the Amazon preview video is in mono but when it was first posted it was in stereo and much better quality?
Does anyone have a link to the original promo video?

"I loaned you money when the funds weren't too cool"

"The ocean scares me."
..................................Brian Wilson, 1976
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 270 271 272 [273] 274 275 276 277 278 ... 380 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx