gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680989 Posts in 27625 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 12, 2024, 10:50:22 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Listening To Beach Boys With Beats by Dr. Dre Headphones on :D  (Read 14276 times)
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: March 09, 2012, 02:40:24 PM »

OMG idk where to start I heard all these harmonies I didn't notice at first Smiley the whole Today album blew me away it already seemed like Brian was mastering this complex yet beautiful sound...Seriously it was so beautiful it could make you cry  Cry..
Has anyone ever tried beats by dre headphones? They are seriously worth the couple hundred dollars.
Ever hear parts of a song that you didn't notice before that swept you away?
At first I didn't know the difference between mono and stereo..now I do and I realize I prefer stereo Smiley...
When did Brian start working with the wrecking crew & how did it come about?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 02:55:42 PM by Newguy562 » Logged
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 03:01:28 PM »

OMG idk where to start I heard all these harmonies I didn't notice at first Smiley the whole Today album blew me away it already seemed like Brian was mastering this complex yet beautiful sound...Seriously it was so beautiful it could make you cry  Cry..
Has anyone ever tried beats by dre headphones? They are seriously worth the couple hundred dollars.
At first I didn't know the difference between mono and stereo..now I do and I realize I prefer stereo Smiley...

You spend a couple hundred bucks on any pair of headphones and you're sure to notice the considerable improvement...I can't assume Dr. Dre's brand is superior to many that are out there. 

In the meantime, have you tried Wikipedia to answer your question?
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 03:05:48 PM »

You spend a couple hundred bucks on any pair of headphones and you're sure to notice the considerable improvement...I can't assume Dr. Dre's brand is superior to many that are out there. 

In the meantime, have you tried Wikipedia to answer your question?
when i first got my ipod i listened to the music through the apple earphones...it was ok...so i switched to sony and they were worse then apple...now i have beats by dre earphones and the music sounds a million times better because you can hear everything so clearly but you won't totally understand me because you have to hear it for yourself.
no it didn't :/
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 03:07:28 PM »

Carol Kaye actually birthed the Beach Boys, told them to write songs about surfing, and performed on all of their records.

No mas, por favor.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 03:09:22 PM »

The Apple ear buds are deplorable.  You were only going to go up after that.  
anazgnos
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 03:18:36 PM »

Beats are obviously overpriced and overhyped; that the Apple headphones are bad (they are) does not mean you need to spend hundreds on celebrity-branded earbuds to do any better.

I'll bet you're listening to 128kb/s AAC files, aren't you.  Try listening to an actual record sometime!
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 03:34:11 PM »

If you are assuming Beach Boys Today is all Wrecking Crew its not. The Beach Boys are musicians on about half the tracks, Carl on nearly all of them. And the answer is complicated...the first time a sole Wrecking Crew musician played on a BB's record was on "Our Car Club" in '63...first time a BB's song was all Wrecking Crew was "Why Do Fools Fall In Love in '64...first (and last) time a Beach Boys album was nearly all Wrecking Crew was Pet Sounds in '66.
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 03:51:21 PM »

If you are assuming Beach Boys Today is all Wrecking Crew its not. The Beach Boys are musicians on about half the tracks, Carl on nearly all of them. And the answer is complicated...the first time a sole Wrecking Crew musician played on a BB's record was on "Our Car Club" in '63...first time a BB's song was all Wrecking Crew was "Why Do Fools Fall In Love in '64...first (and last) time a Beach Boys album was nearly all Wrecking Crew was Pet Sounds in '66.
what other bb songs did the wrecking crew collaborated on/
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2012, 04:10:04 PM »

I got the beats headphones for Christmas, they are high quality headphones.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2012, 04:12:04 PM »

http://www.mediafire.com/?hto7e1hlt2ydme0

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2012, 04:16:01 PM »

what other bb songs did the wrecking crew collaborated on/
You need to ignore this.

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
Biggus Dikkus
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2012, 04:19:46 PM »

You bought beats? You know you just put most of the money into the brand name, right? Next time you want to spend a couple hundred dollars you should ask around on what headphones to get.

Anything by Beats/Skull Candies/Other big brand names will overprice you for their product, and their equipment is usually never reliable. As far as I know Beats have a bad reputation for breaking easily.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2012, 04:28:20 PM »

Well I got them as a gift to go along with my HP Beats computer I got for college. I have had no problem with them so far.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2012, 04:29:04 PM »

You bought beats? You know you just put most of the money into the brand name, right? Next time you want to spend a couple hundred dollars you should ask around on what headphones to get.

Anything by Beats/Skull Candies/Other big brand names will overprice you for their product, and their equipment is usually never reliable. As far as I know Beats have a bad reputation for breaking easily.

Well the OP is like 15.  Dr Dre got him hook line and sinker.  The system is working.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2012, 04:36:35 PM »

The are way overpriced but at the same time there the best headphones on the market

Once you listen to "all I wanna do" on beats headphone you can't go back

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Biggus Dikkus
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2012, 04:40:47 PM »

Well I got them as a gift to go along with my HP Beats computer I got for college. I have had no problem with them so far.
The main point is that they're overpriced for the quality that they provide. You can always buy smaller brand headphones that will provide the same amount of quality, and they will be cheaper.

The are way overpriced but at the same time there the best headphones on the market

So your argument here is: Price = Quality? And Beats aren't the best headphones on the market, please don't kid yourself.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2012, 04:51:19 PM »

The main point is that they're overpriced for the quality that they provide. You can always buy smaller brand headphones that will provide the same amount of quality, and they will be cheaper.

So your argument here is: Price = Quality? And Beats aren't the best headphones on the market, please don't kid yourself.
What do you recomend for cheap, yet high quality headphones?

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2012, 04:54:44 PM »

I'm more saying while expensive you don't really feel ripped of because the sound quality is so good

I've tried a lot of earphones on the market, best I've had so far

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2012, 04:55:15 PM »

i didnt pay for them either Smiley i received them from my aunt
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2012, 04:56:16 PM »

I always go for Sennheisers - just a budget pair of them for like, £25 in HMV, but they're such a good company that even the cheap stuff is good - but the last three pairs I had either me, my then-girlfriend, or some ass at a house party sat on them and they broke, so I'm back on el cheapo earbuds  Cry
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 04:58:00 PM by hypehat » Logged

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2012, 04:57:21 PM »

I got a couple Sennheisers myself.  Earbuds for the office...over the ears for home.  Each in the $70-$90 range
Biggus Dikkus
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2012, 05:01:36 PM »

Since I don't know your definition of "cheap" I will give you a list that ranges from very cheap to very expensive.

$15 - Koss KSC75
$25 - Koss PortaPro
$35 - JVC HA-RX700
$45 - JVC HA-M750
$55 - AKG K81DJ
$65 - Song MDR-V6
$75 - Grado SR60i
$85 - Sennheiser HD280
$90 - Audio-Technica ATH-AD700
$100 - AKG K240
$130 - Audio-Technica ATH-M50
$150 - Grade SR125i
$160 - Shure SRH840
$170 - Sennheiser HD595
$180 - Sony MDR7509HD
$190 - Ultrasone HFI-580
$200 - AKG K601
$215 - Denon AH-D2000
$230 - AKG K271 MKII
$250 - Ultrasone HFI-780

Please note that this list was compiled a few years ago so these are most likely cheaper than depicted here.
For in-ear headphones I highly recommend these two sites: http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/epcomp.html & http://store.thinksound.com/
I recently got some wooden headphones from thinksound that I am extremely satisfied with. Please also realize that if none of you are listening to loseless audio, you probably shouldn't even bother going beyond $50 for headphones.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2012, 05:05:34 PM »

Since I don't know your definition of "cheap" I will give you a list that ranges from very cheap to very expensive.

$15 - Koss KSC75
$25 - Koss PortaPro
$35 - JVC HA-RX700
$45 - JVC HA-M750
$55 - AKG K81DJ
$65 - Song MDR-V6
$75 - Grado SR60i
$85 - Sennheiser HD280
$90 - Audio-Technica ATH-AD700
$100 - AKG K240
$130 - Audio-Technica ATH-M50
$150 - Grade SR125i
$160 - Shure SRH840
$170 - Sennheiser HD595
$180 - Sony MDR7509HD
$190 - Ultrasone HFI-580
$200 - AKG K601
$215 - Denon AH-D2000
$230 - AKG K271 MKII
$250 - Ultrasone HFI-780

Please note that this list was compiled a few years ago so these are most likely cheaper than depicted here.
For in-ear headphones I highly recommend these two sites: http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/epcomp.html & http://store.thinksound.com/
I recently got some wooden headphones from thinksound that I am extremely satisfied with. Please also realize that if none of you are listening to loseless audio, you probably shouldn't even bother going beyond $50 for headphones.

Thanks, that list is what I needed to know. I might buy one of those brands so my beats don't break from being carried around everywhere as my main set of headphones.

Puggal
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2012, 09:48:35 PM »

Sort of off-topic, but I have no idea why The Beach Boys haven't covered California Love yet. They seem willing to do plenty of other songs that fit their California image (California Dreamin', Hot Fun in the Summertime, etc.), so I don't get why they have yet to cover that  one. Maybe for the next album?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 09:49:39 PM by Grave Robber 9 » Logged
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2012, 10:17:01 PM »

Are those Ultrasone HFI-780 headphones the absolute top of the line best ones to get, or do they just happen to be the most expensive? I guess what I'm asking is, does the price reflect the product?

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx