gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681046 Posts in 27629 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 17, 2024, 08:17:39 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 ... 108 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The *official* Brian/BB picture thread  (Read 1079456 times)
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: May 09, 2013, 04:31:09 PM »

hamster

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
EthanJames
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: May 09, 2013, 06:27:02 PM »

hamster

I was just thinking of that to  LOL

anywho, more pictures!!

MBE
« Reply #2052 on: May 09, 2013, 06:45:38 PM »

Nice ones Ethan.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2053 on: May 10, 2013, 05:34:51 AM »

Ethan, thanks for all the pictures you are posting. You come up with some rare ones I hadn't seen before.

That one with Carl at the drums doesn't look like a TV - appearance/rehearsal. Is it from a soundcheck or something? Or did Carl even play drums on stage while Dennis was singing? I'd think that they had Kowalski and Dennis Dragon for such circumstances

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: May 10, 2013, 07:38:59 AM »

"The Beach Boys/Brian/Wrecking Crew working/playing/conducting in the studio" is the best BBs image set, esp. Smile & Pet Sounds eras. And this pic's new to me, I'd seen Brian with Bruce, Terry, Mike. Not with his brother Carl. Well done, Ethan!

Concertgoers form a human pyramid during intermission at the 1979 Beach Boys concert at Rosenblatt Stadium. JAMES R. BURNETT/THE WORLD-HERALD
Source: http://blogs.omaha.com/2012/07/05/from-the-archives-rockin-the-blatt/

Beatlemania 2.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 03:32:38 AM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #2055 on: May 10, 2013, 08:04:02 AM »

Or did Carl even play drums on stage while Dennis was singing? I'd think that they had Kowalski and Dennis Dragon for such circumstances
Carl on (very basic) drums: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I0v2bVX8j4
Bill M
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2056 on: May 10, 2013, 08:42:20 AM »

I seem to recall a scene in the 1975 TV special, "It's OK" where Carl sits at the drum kit while Dennis comes up front during the Anaheim show that was filmed for the special.  I can't remember if it was for a particular song or if it was just messing around between songs.
Bill M
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2057 on: May 10, 2013, 08:44:05 AM »

Sorry, that show was not 1975, but August of '76.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2058 on: May 10, 2013, 11:01:02 AM »

Or did Carl even play drums on stage while Dennis was singing? I'd think that they had Kowalski and Dennis Dragon for such circumstances
Carl on (very basic) drums: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I0v2bVX8j4

Yes, but this is from a TV appearance and to playback track. The picture though doesn't look like a TV appearance (note the amp behind Carl). Maybe it's even taken in the studio?
Bill M, i think that could only be for "You are so beautiful". Can't recall seeing Carl at the drums but the song doesn't feature them anyway.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
EthanJames
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: May 10, 2013, 01:20:50 PM »

That one with Carl at the drums doesn't look like a TV - appearance/rehearsal. Is it from a soundcheck or something? Or did Carl even play drums on stage while Dennis was singing? I'd think that they had Kowalski and Dennis Dragon for such circumstances

I believe it's from a rehearsal from mid-1968 (by the look of Carl's Hair)
EthanJames
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: May 10, 2013, 02:52:48 PM »

Also, I Decided to do some album covers for Reverberation, Add Some Music & Landlocked:

And something for fun (Posted this before on one of the threads):
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: May 11, 2013, 11:41:41 AM »

Some very cool DW pictures I hadn't seen before:

http://imagecollect.com/celebrities/dennis-wilson-pictures-18088/sort:Image.caption/direction:desc
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: May 11, 2013, 11:59:56 AM »

1980s Brian

1980s Brian
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2063 on: May 15, 2013, 10:38:58 AM »

May 2nd 1975

« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 11:36:11 AM by Rocker » Logged

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2064 on: May 15, 2013, 11:47:43 AM »

Source: http://atlasicons.photoshelter.com/gallery/DENNIS-WILSON-THE-BEACH-BOYS/G0000ZeC__nBIDcc

- Jack Rieley
EthanJames
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: May 22, 2013, 05:22:33 PM »

These two photos are from from the recent BB Memorabilia Auction found in a Florida storage

and a collage of rare photos (sorry there a bit small, but they're awesome! if you can see them):

« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 05:39:58 PM by EthanJames » Logged
Ebb and Flow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2066 on: May 22, 2013, 11:08:35 PM »

Interesting to see a pic of Banana and Louie in the 70s.
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: May 23, 2013, 03:45:56 PM »

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2068 on: May 24, 2013, 09:04:44 AM »

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2069 on: May 24, 2013, 03:49:38 PM »

Source: http://www.young-rascals.com/161267.htm

Think about the days

Source: http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2008/Aug/22/il/hawaii808220330.html

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2070 on: May 26, 2013, 10:14:59 AM »

Check out this site, it has some great and rare pictures
http://atlasicons.photoshelter.com/search?KW=THE+BEACH+BOYS&I_DSC_AND=t&I_DSC=THE+BEACH+BOYS+&I_USER_ID=U0000.dfmUltV1w0&_ACT=search

Source: http://www.aceshowbiz.com/events/The%20Beach%20Boys/the-beach-boys-50th-anniversary-tour-10.html

« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 11:18:57 AM by Rocker » Logged

- Jack Rieley
Ovi
Smiley Smile Associate

They know I'm rock 'n' roll through and through.

View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: May 26, 2013, 11:49:14 AM »

So. Badass.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2072 on: May 26, 2013, 01:56:48 PM »

Source: http://www.snapgalleries.com/shop/product.asp?P_ID=2897&CAT_ID=30062

Beach Boys in Paris, 18 November 1964, performing at The Olympia for their first French concert. This photographs oozes class. Its the effect of the spotlights that does it for us. Everyone is wearing the same shirts, but Brian Wilson is already in his own spotlight, slightly apart from the harmonising trio of Al Jardine, Mike Love and Carl Wilson to the left. Theres a metaphor in there, Im sure.

Source: https://www.morrisonhotelgallery.com/photo/default.aspx?photographID=9225

« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 02:46:09 PM by Rocker » Logged

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2073 on: May 27, 2013, 09:24:52 AM »

Some awesome pictures here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/botetourtview/sets/72157621736432269/

- Jack Rieley
MBE
« Reply #2074 on: May 27, 2013, 11:06:13 AM »

Also, I Decided to do some album covers for Reverberation, Add Some Music & Landlocked:

And something for fun (Posted this before on one of the threads):

I like your Add Some Music cover. That's my favorite photo.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 ... 108 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx