gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680752 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 02:10:13 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BB's free show in London  (Read 65440 times)
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2012, 03:41:09 AM »

Hi , get your applications in quick - Radio2 recording a gig at the Mermaid Theatre in London 24th September

http://www.bbc.co.uk/showsandtours/shows/shows/beach_boys
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 03:56:41 AM »

what would be cool is if they did a rarity show, performed one set of songs they have never done live before. and then keep the second set from the tour.
Generation42
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 04:06:27 AM »

Wow, I'd be all over this if I were anywhere near there.

And a rarities show would be glorious, of course.  So, I didn't notice, but "Radio2 In Concert"... is this something we can all listen in on live during the event?  Will it be aired at a later date?  I'm just not familiar with the process.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 07:37:49 AM by Generation42 » Logged
CarlTheVoice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 04:11:42 AM »

Wow, thanks for the heads up on this. I have entered already and would absolutely love to get tickets for it! I have all my fingers crossed!
MaxL
Smiley Smile Associate

"It's a damn shame"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 04:14:07 AM »

Great find!

I've applied but if I do get tickets that's gonna make things very difficult because I'll have to travel down to London on the Monday, back up to Yorkshire then back down to London again on the Friday and back again. Actually kinda hoping I don't get 'em :/
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 04:23:47 AM »

Being a little sneaky with this  Smokin

Its not yet even mentioned on the Blueboard or even BBB , so the less people know the more chance of obtaining tickets  Cheesy
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 04:27:13 AM »

Great find!

I've applied but if I do get tickets that's gonna make things very difficult because I'll have to travel down to London on the Monday, back up to Yorkshire then back down to London again on the Friday and back again. Actually kinda hoping I don't get 'em :/

Yep I know exactly what you mean , same scenario here BUT the chance to see them in a Theatre that has a capacity of 600 is just too good to miss
CarlTheVoice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 04:34:31 AM »

Being a little sneaky with this  Smokin

Its not yet even mentioned on the Blueboard or even BBB , so the less people know the more chance of obtaining tickets  Cheesy

I shouldn't think it will stay a secret for long! Do the tickets have names on them? If I have applied for two can I bring whoever I want?
MaxL
Smiley Smile Associate

"It's a damn shame"

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2012, 04:38:47 AM »

Great find!

Yep I know exactly what you mean , same scenario here BUT the chance to see them in a Theatre that has a capacity of 600 is just too good to miss

That is true. If I somehow do get the tickets I might just stay in London for the week (university will not be pleased). Heck I might even get a ticket for the RAH show since I apparently have more money than I actually do! LOL No point freaking out yet though ... aaand breath Tongue
Cliff1000uk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2012, 04:41:55 AM »

Not sure work will be too happy leaving early on the Monday, Thursday and having Friday off

But it is the boys.....
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2012, 04:42:55 AM »

Many banks Rob, if we're both there the first beer's on me!!!!

“We live in divisive times.”
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2012, 05:20:50 AM »

Good luck, but the BBC tend to dish out most of these to insiders and their friends and family members/
MaxL
Smiley Smile Associate

"It's a damn shame"

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2012, 06:06:44 AM »

Just heard the ad on BBC Radio 2, it was very nice. I expect there'll be a fair amount applying for tickets.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2012, 07:49:07 AM »

what would be cool is if they did a rarity show, performed one set of songs they have never done live before. and then keep the second set from the tour.

Yeah, OF COURSE they'd do a show on national radio that's 50% tracks no-one has ever heard before. I'm SURE that's exactly what will happen.  Shocked

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2012, 08:41:29 AM »

Yeah, OF COURSE they'd do a show on national radio that's 50% tracks no-one has ever heard before. I'm SURE that's exactly what will happen.  Shocked

I hear the 1 hour version of 'Shortenin' Bread' will be part of the show. Good.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2012, 08:48:24 AM »

AGD has confirmed that my speculations are correct! In his comment he also hinted that WIBNTLA will be released!
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2012, 08:49:50 AM »

It would be cool, but also insane and something that will never happen.
Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2012, 09:07:01 AM »

I'm telling you people, they're going to tear into "Celebrate the News" with David on lead vocals and Brian doing his own goshdarn parts any day now!
CarlTheVoice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2012, 12:36:27 AM »

Entry deadline is today for all those who haven't already applied! Good luck to all, and me of course! 

By the way, if anyone gets emails through saying they are successful, do let us know! I am hoping one will drop into my inbox soon....... keeping everything crossed!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 01:58:41 AM by CarlTheVoice » Logged
CarlTheVoice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2012, 04:54:57 AM »

Sorry to double post, but apparently the Radio 2 gig is now "fully booked". I should think that now means that all seats have been allocated - has anyone received any emails or phone calls confirming their place yet? Until I hear they are being sent out I still have hope that I will get one. Pleeaassse!
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2012, 05:26:12 AM »

I sure haven't!!

Generation42
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2012, 07:40:54 AM »

I'm rooting for you guys!  Let us know.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2012, 08:13:14 AM »

Nowt yet…

“We live in divisive times.”
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2012, 08:56:22 AM »

Nor for me.... blast.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Generation42
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2012, 09:22:05 AM »

You know, this kind of sucks, no?  I know it may just be the luck of the draw, and there is going to be a lot of 'what-if's' in my thoughts here, but with the number of folks applying from here, I would think that at least one of us would have scored tickets.  I wouldn't think anything of it if there weren't whispers floating around of the BBC handing these tickets out to 'their people.'  If this really is their practice - and all the while they are putting on a good public front by making it look as though all (or the majority, anyway) of the tickets are being distributed to the general public (while in truth they are reserved for VIP's), then I'm just disgusted.

Or maybe I'm just disappointed.

Or maybe I should just get over it as this type of thing happens all of the time, while much more legitimate concerns are carrying on in the world, but damn, I was really happy that some of you guys might just have the chance to enjoy this one-of-a-kind experience.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx