gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 01:33:01 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reminder: Beach Boys on Fallon Tonight - May 7th, 2012  (Read 70854 times)
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 07, 2012, 02:40:33 AM »

Tonight's the night. Be there...or be square.

LATE NIGHT WITH JIMMY FALLON, NBC

Mo 5/7: Jennifer Connelly, Brian Wilson, Mike Love, the Beach Boys

http://www.interbridge.com/lineups.html#JF
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 03:00:30 AM by Dave Modny » Logged
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 04:13:50 AM »

o boy.  not sure i wanna tune in
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 05:12:52 AM »

o boy.  not sure i wanna tune in

You will. You know you will.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 06:32:09 AM »

This should be interesting  Tongue

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 06:53:48 AM »

I'm only tuning in if they perform Cabinessence featuring Hologram Carl.
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 07:31:46 AM »

I'm only tuning in if they perform Cabinessence featuring Hologram Carl.

LOL

...and why not hologram Murry too, behind a faux mixing desk?

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 08:04:25 AM »

I'll bet they do That's why god made the radio.  Everybody get their Autotune detectors ready, LIVE T.V., in HIGH DEF, you're going to have something to bitch about for WEEKS. 

the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 08:29:41 AM »

I have heard all the youtube clips, and someone in the high range is off--Brian or Jeff or a backup guy or Dave maybe; al, mike and Bruce are right on it. So whatever they do, I hope they sound sweet and in tune, with help from technology or not. It's a hard song to master live, with so many hard parts.  Can anyone pick out the problems I am hearing from the shows so far?

I hope they get good sound support and precise focus on each vocal line.

good luck BB.

also. is that show live? no, taped, eh?  where are the Boys today? taping now?
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2012, 09:13:03 AM »

Taped.  Likely this afternoon, but I'm not sure.  Brian will likely have his TV face on (deer in the headlights), but his vocal parts are in his range, and will probably be doubled by the man who shall remain nameless.  They've got four other Beach Boys faces that the camera can focus on, so I think it'll be alright.  Fallon will treat 'em right.
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2012, 09:15:01 AM »

I'll bet they do That's why god made the radio.  Everybody get their Autotune detectors ready, LIVE T.V., in HIGH DEF, you're going to have something to bitch about for WEEKS. 

Yes, they will be playing their new single, and yes there will be pitch correction. Almost all TV performances utilize it.

No mas, por favor.
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2012, 09:29:17 AM »

OKAY, RON.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2012, 09:54:19 AM »

Fallon tapes around 5 or 5:30 EST in New York, if I remember. So lucky fans who live in NYC and don't have to be at work this afternoon (or who are on vacation) can try to go to NBC studios Rockefeller Center and they might either catch a glimpse of the Boys entering and/or leaving the studio or they might be able to score a pass by waiting in line if they need to fill any seats for no-shows.

I hope Fallon has another musical impression worked up, Beach Boys related if there can be such a thing. He's one of the best comedy/music impressionists working today. His video of the Doors doing "Reading Rainbow" was genius, as was his Neil Young and a few others he does in smaller productions. The Tim Tebow "Tebowie" was popular but I think his Morrison and Neil were tops.

For those outside the US his show puts past episodes and clips on their website, so if you miss it, it will soon be available.

And Fallon's sound guys are very good, I have never heard a band guesting on his show plagued by audio problems other than those of their own creation, like bad singing or whatever. Just sayin'.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2012, 10:27:27 AM »

Airing at 12:30am! What kind of time is that for a television program?

I'm getting old  LOL

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Catbirdman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2012, 10:31:31 AM »

I hope Fallon has another musical impression worked up, Beach Boys related if there can be such a thing. He's one of the best comedy/music impressionists working today. His video of the Doors doing "Reading Rainbow" was genius, as was his Neil Young and a few others he does in smaller productions. The Tim Tebow "Tebowie" was popular but I think his Morrison and Neil were tops.

Completely agree with you there - his Neil was solid gold. I also think he nailed Dylan as well. Yeah, I guess that's low-hanging fruit, but still. Gotta check out "Reading Rainbow" now!

My real name is Peter Aaron Beyer. I live in Baltimore, Maryland, USA.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2012, 10:35:17 AM »

Completely agree with you there - his Neil was solid gold. I also think he nailed Dylan as well. Yeah, I guess that's low-hanging fruit, but still. Gotta check out "Reading Rainbow" now!

You're in for a treat!

They *nailed* every detail of The Doors on Ed Sullivan, right down to the flowers atop Ray's keyboard setup.

"Reading Rainbow" is one of the best and most dead-on musical satires-impressions I have ever seen. Smiley

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2012, 10:37:57 AM »

Rehearsal (from the BBs facebook page)

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2012, 10:40:29 AM »

Questlove (The Roots are Fallons house band, of course) is going a bit mental on Twitter about tonight.

Questo of The Roots ‏ @questlove
Man. I've been waiting FOREVER for The OG Beach Boys to reunite & Pet Sounds up @LateNightJimmy. Tonight I get my wish. Its the Illest lp!

and,

Me stalking Brian #petsounds http://instagr.am/p/KVXSJbwazt/

If The Roots were backing The Beach Boys tonight I might die.  LOL
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 10:41:24 AM by hypehat » Logged

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Catbirdman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2012, 10:41:46 AM »

You're in for a treat!

They *nailed* every detail of The Doors on Ed Sullivan, right down to the flowers atop Ray's keyboard setup.

"Reading Rainbow" is one of the best and most dead-on musical satires-impressions I have ever seen. Smiley

Watching it now - only 30 seconds in and already he said HIGH!!!

Holy crap this is genius...

My real name is Peter Aaron Beyer. I live in Baltimore, Maryland, USA.
Aum Bop Diddit
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2012, 10:42:37 AM »

Agree Dylan is "low hanging fruit" impression-wise (he's the Jimmy Cagney -- you dirty rat -- of his generation) but Fallon's take is uncanny.  Fallon is very likeable, but I think his musical comedy skills make his strongest talent.

Song predictions -- "Radio" best bet.  "GV" or "Do It Again" 10:1 each.  Something from Pet Sounds 20:1, Smile 40:1.  Barbara Ann 50:1.

And yes Brian will look "uncomfortable".  Mike will point.  Will Bruce wave?

Hey!  Those are *MY* wind chimes!
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2012, 10:45:59 AM »

It looks like Brian and Mike will be interviewed too, in addition to the BB's performance.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2012, 10:47:06 AM »

Agree Dylan is "low hanging fruit" impression-wise (he's the Jimmy Cagney -- you dirty rat -- of his generation) but Fallon's take is uncanny.  Fallon is very likeable, but I think his musical comedy skills make his strongest talent.

Song predictions -- "Radio" best bet.  "GV" or "Do It Again" 10:1 each.  Something from Pet Sounds 20:1, Smile 40:1.  Barbara Ann 50:1.

And yes Brian will look "uncomfortable".  Mike will point.  Will Bruce wave?

Not only wave, but clap, too.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2012, 10:47:12 AM »

Questlove (The Roots are Fallons house band, of course) is going a bit mental on Twitter about tonight.

Man. I've been waiting FOREVER for The OG Beach Boys to reunite & Pet Sounds up @LateNightJimmy. Tonight I get my wish. Its the Illest lp!

and,

The roots doing a BBs cover album would destroy the universe.... Cool Guy

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2012, 10:51:10 AM »

and,

Fun fact - my 6th grade teacher was Questlove's sister Smiley

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2012, 10:53:00 AM »

He's got the shorts!

Btw, it's not really shorts weather here in NYC. He's clearly doing it for us Smiley Smilers.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2012, 10:59:54 AM »

They'd be fools if they wouldn't play their new single. Maybe they'll do two songs. Then I guess it'll be either GV or Do it again. No Pet Sounds songs probably.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx