gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681558 Posts in 27642 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 13, 2024, 10:24:30 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Poll
Question: Should this discussion be moved to the Sandbox?
Naahh, Beach Boys, SMiLE and drugs is as on-topic as can be - 99 (67.8%)
It's about time, I've requested this at least 20 pages back - 27 (18.5%)
Who cares, it isn't going to be released anyway - 11 (7.5%)
I don't like drugs and I don't like SMiLE, we might as well delete this discussion - 2 (1.4%)
The SMiLE music and drug use cloud this discussion - 7 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 138

Pages: 1 ... 335 336 337 338 339 [340] 341 342 343 344 345 ... 380 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SMiLE Sessions box set!  (Read 1752566 times)
PhilCohen
« Reply #8475 on: October 30, 2011, 10:47:51 PM »

A product shortage doesn't surprise me. The drastic steps that Capitol took to avoid having the music leak, probably included keeping the product out of the hands of distributors until 2 days before release date. I'm angered by the product shortage....but not surprised.

As a customer who ordered from Amazon, I won't have any of the "Smile" product for the foreseeable future. I'll find somebody to burn me a copy of the set. Capitol has themselves to blame if consumers who want to buy the product find it is unobtainable.
letsmakeit31
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8476 on: October 30, 2011, 10:55:41 PM »

Only 3hrs to go until I can pop into HMV and grab my copy of the 2cd box set!!!
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #8477 on: October 31, 2011, 01:12:36 AM »

48 minutes.

Best get dressed.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8478 on: October 31, 2011, 01:25:10 AM »

Set up camp by front door, fuelled with tea, biscuits and chainsmoking nerviously. Todays the day.  Grin

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
letsmakeit31
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8479 on: October 31, 2011, 01:33:09 AM »

Just finished a few hours at work for the day & so I'm on my way to HMV now!!! 10mins (ish) to go!!!! Smiley
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #8480 on: October 31, 2011, 01:37:20 AM »

Set up camp by front door, fuelled with tea, biscuits and chainsmoking nerviously. Todays the day.  Grin

My girlfriend convinced me to quit ciggies four years ago. Otherwise I might not be here for this release now. Or the next one...

“We live in divisive times.”
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8481 on: October 31, 2011, 01:38:26 AM »

So long as I don't get a horrifying disease in the next few hours, I'm sound  LOL

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.

Cliff1000uk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8482 on: October 31, 2011, 01:38:35 AM »

Happy Smile Day (in the UK, anyway!),

The 5CD box hasn't arrived yet so I'm off to work via HMV.

I will then be booking myself into several 'conference calls'
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #8483 on: October 31, 2011, 01:44:21 AM »

A product shortage doesn't surprise me. The drastic steps that Capitol took to avoid having the music leak, probably included keeping the product out of the hands of distributors until 2 days before release date. I'm angered by the product shortage....but not surprised.

As a customer who ordered from Amazon, I won't have any of the "Smile" product for the foreseeable future. I'll find somebody to burn me a copy of the set. Capitol has themselves to blame if consumers who want to buy the product find it is unobtainable.

Frankly, after all the crap you spouted over the last few months I would not be surprised if Capitol slipped a guy at amazon a few quid to make sure your order went to the back of the processing queue.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #8484 on: October 31, 2011, 01:49:47 AM »

So long as I don't get a horrifying disease in the next few hours, I'm sound  LOL

I think you should stick around long enough for the Carnegie Hall release - I enjoy your posts! LOL

tansen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8485 on: October 31, 2011, 02:15:02 AM »

Did you drive to another store?  

Here's how I do it.

Go to best buy.  Buy the cd.  

now, if that doesn't work, I go to plan B.

Drive from best buy, to Wal Mart.  Buy the Cd.  

If even THAT doesn't work, I go to plan C.

Drive from Wal Mart, to Target.  Buy the CD.

IF BY SOME CHANCE, that doesn't work, I go to plan D.

Drive from Target, to Manifest music.  Buy the CD.

etc. etc.  There are about 30 stores within about 30 minutes of me who will have this CD.  

here's your plan:

Order online.  Don't get the CD.  

Seems like a good plan IF YOU LIVE IN AMERICA!!
We don't have any of these stores here in Norway, in fact, my small town has got two stores, both of which probably will have to boxset in store this week, but then for the double of what you pay on amazon. So the solution is easy; order online.

Tansen - "He Who Commands an Army of Notes"
letsmakeit31
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8486 on: October 31, 2011, 02:15:03 AM »

Just out of HMV got the 2cd set!!! It was £16 Sad. But I only just had enough to buy it thankfully!!!. Just opened it had a quick look. Love the tiny badge wasn't expecting that so I really did smile on seeing it LOL. Poster is amazing the discs themselves are present and correct and in HDCD too. Ok got 30mins walk home now. Then cup of tea, burn cd's onto Itunes and away I go finally onto listening to the music for the first time apart from the free facebook & mojo singles. So hopefully by 10am I will be able to really Smile. Ok running back home now!!!!.....
Cliff1000uk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8487 on: October 31, 2011, 02:25:57 AM »

Just out of HMV got the 2cd set!!! It was £16 Sad. But I only just had enough to buy it thankfully!!!. Just opened it had a quick look. Love the tiny badge wasn't expecting that so I really did smile on seeing it LOL. Poster is amazing the discs themselves are present and correct and in HDCD too. Ok got 30mins walk home now. Then cup of tea, burn cd's onto Itunes and away I go finally onto listening to the music for the first time apart from the free facebook & mojo singles. So hopefully by 10am I will be able to really Smile. Ok running back home now!!!!.....

Well, got to my HMV to be told that they are arriving on this afternoon's delivery-gahhhh!!
letsmakeit31
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8488 on: October 31, 2011, 02:31:14 AM »

Go to HMV Staines but hurry only a few left!!!
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8489 on: October 31, 2011, 02:35:36 AM »

Postman still not here yet. tearing wallpaper.

Zander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8490 on: October 31, 2011, 02:38:56 AM »

Just watched the "An Introduction to Smile" video on YouTube whilst ordering my box-set, the Good Vibrations footage is excellent. However on a serious note...

Has Mike had a face lift - he looks weird?

They say I got brains but they ain't doing me no good, I wish they could...
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8491 on: October 31, 2011, 02:41:04 AM »

Frankly, after all the crap you spouted over the last few months I would not be surprised if Capitol slipped a guy at amazon a few quid to make sure your order went to the back of the processing queue.

I surely did.  Grin

Oh, and what 'product shortage' ?  Strikes me a lot of folk already have the box or the 2CDs, and remember, the release date Stateside is 11/1/11.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 02:46:19 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8492 on: October 31, 2011, 02:42:51 AM »

"Average Amazon employee suddenly becomes millionaire overnight, enquiry to follow"

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #8493 on: October 31, 2011, 02:43:46 AM »

Just watched the "An Introduction to Smile" video on YouTube whilst ordering my box-set, the Good Vibrations footage is excellent. However on a serious note...

Has Mike had a face lift - he looks weird?

I asked a similar question of another BB a few weeks ago in another thread,  probably not a good place to go…

But these fellas grew up near Hollywood and/or live and work in places like LA or Vegas, where cosmetic surgery is as routine and essential as kidney transplants.

Not saying they have, just saying…

homeontherange
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8494 on: October 31, 2011, 02:45:04 AM »

Aargh... those germans promised me a 1-2 day delivery to Sweden. Ordered it on thursday, it was sent on friday but will be delivered on WEDNESDAY!  Angry That's not 1-2 days!!! And I've already paid for it. I could probably go and buy the box at the Pet Sounds store tomorrow, but now I can't. Gosh Darn this fucking sh*t!
TerryWogan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8495 on: October 31, 2011, 02:45:54 AM »

My 2cd set from Amazon just arrived  Grin.

Going to wait until after work to give it a listen though; I don't want to spoil it by listening through my cheap in-ear headphones. Exciting times indeed.
homeontherange
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8496 on: October 31, 2011, 02:46:54 AM »

I have listened to some of disc 1 and 3 though. Just a few songs and session pieces. But I want the whole box before I listen to more. Don't wanna spoil it, you know. Damn
homeontherange
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8497 on: October 31, 2011, 02:48:30 AM »

I think my 2cd with (broken) litograph will arrive earlier than the box actually. It's already in my country. And that was delivered from the US.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8498 on: October 31, 2011, 02:49:19 AM »

Seriously Phil, that's not Capitols fault. It's Amazon's for underestimating how many copies they should order.

I suppose you'll blame them if your postman arrives late, too?

John Stivaktas
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8499 on: October 31, 2011, 02:55:48 AM »

You lucky son of a gun!

"It's more blessed to give than receive"

“For me, making music has always been a very spiritual thing, and I think anybody who produces records has to feel that, at least a little bit. Producing a record . . . the idea of taking a song, envisioning the overall sound in my head and then bringing the arrangement to life in the studio . . . well, that gives me satisfaction like nothing else.”

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 337 338 339 [340] 341 342 343 344 345 ... 380 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx