gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680877 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 10:55:19 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CAPITOL/EMI TO RELEASE "GOOD VIBRATIONS"/"HEROES AND VILLAINS" 78 RPM  (Read 58245 times)
Curtis Leon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: April 19, 2011, 12:25:36 PM »

Perhaps the best thing to do with this record is keep it sealed and sell it on Ebay when you get tired of storing it. Playing it doesn't seem to be the best option for this instant collectible. Cheesy
[/quote]

I bought it for listening. It's not like you can get a new vinyl of Good Vibrations or Heroes and Villains for that price.
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 19, 2011, 12:32:15 PM »

Perhaps the best thing to do with this record is keep it sealed and sell it on Ebay when you get tired of storing it. Playing it doesn't seem to be the best option for this instant collectible. Cheesy

I'm really amazed that anyone would want to play this!  I bought mine to keep it sealed forever.
This isn't an average vinyl release I'd buy to play, not by a long shot.

it's MUSIC. you LISTEN to it.  it's just a piece of nothing if you don't use it. 
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 19, 2011, 12:50:22 PM »

Well if that's the case I have a LOT of pieces of nothing that don't get played!!  I will value it as a collectible and it will more than likely sit dormant in my vinyl collection without ever getting played until I die and beyond.

If the Good Vibes and Heroes are anything different on this 10" vinyl than what's already been released or booted, someone will surely pop it on a CD or Mp3 and I still won't have to play this. It's a nice welcome addition to my collection; that's all. Why should I play this thing if it's the same song versions that have been released 1000 times already since 1966/'67?

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
roll plymouth rock
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #228 on: April 19, 2011, 01:07:16 PM »

Well if that's the case I have a LOT of pieces of nothing that don't get played!!  I will value it as a collectible and it will more than likely sit dormant in my vinyl collection without ever getting played until I die and beyond.

If the Good Vibes and Heroes are anything different on this 10" vinyl than what's already been released or booted, someone will surely pop it on a CD or Mp3 and I still won't have to play this. It's a nice welcome addition to my collection; that's all. Why should I play this thing if it's the same song versions that have been released 1000 times already since 1966/'67?

If you are into containers that have the titles of Beach Boys music on them for non-listening purposes I may have some items you'd be interested in purchasing sir:

shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 19, 2011, 01:46:26 PM »

it's MUSIC. you LISTEN to it.  it's just a piece of nothing if you don't use it. 

There are a lot of things that people collect that they don't do anything with. Stamps, coins, paintings, figurines... So that's also nothing?
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 19, 2011, 01:59:31 PM »

it's MUSIC. you LISTEN to it.  it's just a piece of nothing if you don't use it.  

There are a lot of things that people collect that they don't do anything with. Stamps, coins, paintings, figurines... So that's also nothing?

Someone in Pakistan could look at a vinyl record and see a shingle for a roof....I love it when people say that there is only one use for an item - if it's not used in the way they see fit there is no point in using it...which is ridiculous. As long as someone is happy with their own use of things and it's not effecting anyone else I don't see why there is fuss.

But humans are apparently meant to argue with one another.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 19, 2011, 02:05:24 PM »

I apologize if this has already been mentioned, but are the B-sides the same alternate/early versions as on the Smiley Smile/Wild Honey 2fer?
Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

..Stand back, Speak normally

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 19, 2011, 02:14:49 PM »

It definitely seems that way. I didn't get it, but it seems that everything is the same... makes me wonder if there will be anything new after all on the box set....
?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 19, 2011, 02:47:50 PM »

I bought it for listening. It's not like you can get a new vinyl of Good Vibrations or Heroes and Villains for that price.

The alternate takes no, but you can easily find a sealed copy of the analog-cut green label Smiley Smile pressing for that price.  I can just about guarantee it will sound better.  Green label Beach Boys is untouchable IMO.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #234 on: April 19, 2011, 02:58:35 PM »

And you collect... ?  Roll Eyes

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 19, 2011, 03:04:14 PM »

If you are into containers that have the titles of Beach Boys music on them for non-listening purposes I may have some items you'd be interested in purchasing sir:

Post of the day, without question  Grin

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 19, 2011, 03:24:10 PM »

Post of the day, without question  Grin

I don't understand why that's the post of the day. It ain't funny. Kinda dumb, actually. I don't give a poo about owning any tape boxes, whether there's tapes in 'em or not. Besides those boxes are fukin' fake! How does that relate to collecting a piece of vinyl and not playing it because it contains the same versions and sound quality as the songs that I have on other vinyl and CD's about 10 - 15 times already.  Is this virgin vinyl where it's gonna make a big difference in sound, like other classical and jazz albums recorded on virgin vinyl for audiophiles? I doubt it very much.

You got any records that you don't play because you have the same songs on other previous albums and CD's and Mp3's, Hypehat?  You got a real nice turntable, cartridge, and stylus to play it on where you'll hear a big difference? It's fukin' MONO! BIG DEAL! If I want to hear these songs in the best quality, I'll pull out my Japanese Pastmasters Series Smiley Smile.  If I want to hear the songs in stereo, I'll listen to the stereo remixes of them, which to me BLOW AWAY THE MONO's!

Hypehat, you're easily amused.   Post of the day!

« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 03:40:18 PM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 19, 2011, 03:30:34 PM »

Shelter, you're right on the mark, bud.   Some people don't get it though. 

Maybe I'd understand if somebody bought this thing and didn't have the songs anywhere else in their collection and had a turntable or jukebox capable of 78 speed. Otherwise, why bother to bring it out of the sleeve other than to look at it and/or show people?

shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 19, 2011, 03:31:00 PM »

it's MUSIC. you LISTEN to it.  it's just a piece of nothing if you don't use it.  

And you collect... ?  Roll Eyes

Nice of you to ask. I collect records, CDs and DVDs, and tickets of concerts and football (soccer) matches that I've been to. I also used to collect coins, I don't anymore, but I still have my old collection. How about you? Wink
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 19, 2011, 03:31:39 PM »

Mikie, you get angry easily. In case you didn't notice, I was f*cking joking. Lighten up. Sheesh.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: April 19, 2011, 03:35:48 PM »

Mikie, you get angry easily. In case you didn't notice, I was friggin' joking. Lighten up. Sheesh.

OK, sorry.   Lost my head.   

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 19, 2011, 03:39:37 PM »

I know how you feel every time i go in the SMiLE Sessions thread, it's cool  LOL

18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 19, 2011, 04:15:15 PM »

I used to collect lots of things but my kids trashed them..

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 19, 2011, 04:38:13 PM »

Mikie, you get angry easily. In case you didn't notice, I was friggin' joking. Lighten up. Sheesh.

You joke too much. better be careful ! next time Mikie may act before he thinks. 

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 19, 2011, 04:45:22 PM »

You joke too much. better be careful ! next time Mikie may act before he thinks.

Next time I will think before I act and be all over Bigass.....uh, Bgas.  And there will be at least two posters backing me up.  We've already compared notes, Mr. Buttinski.  Couple people here are real tired of your negative smart-ass remarks.  Get that, Chrissy?   Grin
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 04:47:40 PM by Mikie » Logged

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 19, 2011, 04:46:43 PM »

Next time I will think before I act and be all over Bigass.....uh, Bgas. 

And there will be at least two posters backing me up.  We've already compared notes.  People here are real tired of your smart-ass remarks.  Get that, Chrissy?   Grin

Now see, there he goes already. Poor Sap!

roll plymouth rock
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #246 on: April 19, 2011, 06:24:43 PM »

Post of the day, without question  Grin

Ha I'm glad you appreciated it!

Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 19, 2011, 07:39:45 PM »

well when stamps, coins, paintingss and figurines can do more than just sit on a shelf, let me know.
Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

..Stand back, Speak normally

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 19, 2011, 07:45:51 PM »

...some people collect more than others. Seriously, there is at least something we all have that we collect. If I could've bought this record I would've probably opened it up. However I bought 3 copies of BWPS on vinyl. I play one, gave another away, and the 3rd stays wrapped... Indeed, that is something I want to keep and eventually pass down...

Also, don't make fun of me too much bought I did get the autograpghed BX action figure too! That is a collectible, although many a times I am tempted to open it up and put a fire helmet on his head...(he watches over my art studio).

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 19, 2011, 07:55:33 PM »

...some people collect more than others. Seriously, there is at least something we all have that we collect. If I could've bought this record I would've probably opened it up. However I bought 3 copies of BWPS on vinyl. I play one, gave another away, and the 3rd stays wrapped... Indeed, that is something I want to keep and eventually pass down...

Also, don't make fun of me too much bought I did get the autograpghed BX action figure too! That is a collectible, although many a times I am tempted to open it up and put a fire helmet on his head...(he watches over my art studio).

But that's just a doll.  If you don't open it and do some roleplaying, it's nothing!! 
You could get a rubber mallet, and nickname it runaways....   Roll Eyes

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx