gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680739 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 02:23:44 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CAPITOL/EMI TO RELEASE "GOOD VIBRATIONS"/"HEROES AND VILLAINS" 78 RPM  (Read 57956 times)
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: April 23, 2011, 07:02:47 AM »

well when stamps, coins, paintingss and figurines can do more than just sit on a shelf, let me know.

If you really don't care for records as collectable objects, if it's only about the music, than you might as well sell every CD and record you own and replace them with a hard drive full of MP3s...

made a big assumption that wasn't even in any of my posts. 
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 23, 2011, 08:27:27 AM »

Ok, now I'm confused....

My freshly arrived copy, which I bought off Discogs and had been picked up from a record shop in Leeds, is numbered 7363.

Go to the Record Store Day website, however, and it says only 5000 will be pressed.....

Have I missed something, or are they bootlegging these things??

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 23, 2011, 09:01:37 AM »

That's been covered, it seems they pressed way more than 5 thousand

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
GeorgeFellInHisHorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 23, 2011, 06:41:44 PM »

No. 4471 just arrived on my doorstep!  police

....though now i'm currently awaiting the arrival of the record player that can actually play it

edit: wowwww, the 2nd one, with the Good Vibes early take and alt. Heroes and Villians has the labels mixed up. nice job Capitol!  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 07:54:44 AM by GeorgeFellInHisHorn » Logged

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 24, 2011, 08:51:19 AM »

That's been covered, it seems they pressed way more than 5 thousand

Yeah, onatrain posted he had one numbered 6,300 or something. I guess I have the highest numbered one on the board?

Georgefellintohishorn, if that is your real name, on the last page is a link I posted to a simple mod you can make to your turntable so you can play it! It's not designed for 78 needles, but regular ones instead, as discussed earlier in the thread... I'll try it myself next week, but it seems simple enough.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 24, 2011, 09:08:17 AM »

edit: wowwww, the 2nd one, with the Good Vibes early take and alt. Heroes and Villians has the labels mixed up. nice job Capitol!  Roll Eyes

mine's fine
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 26, 2011, 06:41:28 AM »

At long last mine has arrived. All the way from Amoeba Records to me

No. 4028. It really is beautiful, and the SMilE coming soon promo has me really excited.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
GeorgeFellInHisHorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 26, 2011, 10:28:39 AM »

mine's fine

well then i guess i'm just special!

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 27, 2011, 08:08:19 PM »

something I forgot to ask: 
was the double ten inch set released in countries outside the USA main?
 If so, did they use USA copies or versions for each country where it was sold? and if they were Non-USA manufactured, was the nu,mbering separate from the USA 5000/whatever? 

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 27, 2011, 09:57:23 PM »

If so, did they use USA copies or versions for each country where it was sold? and if they were Non-USA manufactured, was the nu,mbering separate from the USA 5000/whatever? 

If mine arrives, I'll let you know.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 28, 2011, 01:01:14 PM »

I got my copy today. Ordered it at my local shop, but it's a U.S. import. And a relatively low number: 1004 (if that means anything at all, music's the same anyway). Bummer though was that I ordered 2 copies, but only one was delivered. But it seemed that an additional order is still possible (which I did of course).

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 28, 2011, 03:04:25 PM »

I got my copy today. Ordered it at my local shop, but it's a U.S. import. And a relatively low number: 1004 (if that means anything at all, music's the same anyway). Bummer though was that I ordered 2 copies, but only one was delivered. But it seemed that an additional order is still possible (which I did of course).

One to keep sealed, the other to open?
One for you main house, one for the summer house? 
One fo you, one for the wife? 
Do tell...   

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 28, 2011, 11:56:11 PM »

one for me, and one for a friend of mine  (and now that you say it, I should have ordered an extra one, just for kicks)

chris.metcalfe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 01, 2011, 12:24:13 PM »

This is what you need:

http://www.analogueseduction.net/product/Rega_Planar_78_Turntable_RP78
alanjames
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 04, 2011, 07:53:50 AM »

Mine arrived today. I'm the one who bought the first copy sold on ebay (the link was the first posted here).
# 1287
Great! The artwork is great, can't wait Smile box!
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: May 04, 2011, 06:11:19 PM »

I was at a record store in COlumbus Ohio today.  Asked them if they had the Foo Fighters Medium Rare, they told me they never recieved it.  Asked about the Beach Boys 78, and they said they had a bunch , but sold out with a line out the door.

Thought that was cool.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 10, 2012, 12:29:36 PM »

mine's fine

Mine is this way as well.
Does anyone else have that problem?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 10, 2012, 01:20:04 PM »

mine's fine

Mine is this way as well.
Does anyone else have that problem?

Dunno… haven't opened it yet – only just got the deck set up that I bought just after Christmas!  I'll need to make some adjustments before it can play 78rpms…

“We live in divisive times.”
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx