gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 12:50:33 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Random Beach Boys Moments Redux  (Read 63880 times)
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2011, 08:23:32 AM »

Well, Bathrobe, did you pick up copies for us?  

There sren't any bikini-clad women in Charleston, are there?  What are you doing in Charleston, W.V. on Spring Break? You should be in Florida, on the beach!!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 08:25:28 AM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2011, 09:39:18 AM »

I was shopping at urban oufitters and found 9 copies of the 2006 Pet Sounds Vinyl reissue for sale on the sales rack. It was kinda like Pet Sounds had just come out.

They've got loads at my local one as well, over in Britain. In such esteemed company as the Iggy Pop/James Williamson reissue, Kraftwerks The Man Machine, and Is This It by The Strokes....

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2011, 10:36:14 AM »

Haha i would  never go to charleston, WV for spring break.  Seeing all those copies of pet sounds made me think If i was a multi-millionaire i would buy as many pet sounds copies as possible, and hand out the copies of the album to as many people as possible to spread the music of such a masterpiece.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 12:22:46 PM by briansbathrobe » Logged

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2011, 06:17:43 AM »

had a dream last night, because of BW's interest in Ruby Baby, my friends, a young Brian Wilson, and myself were singing Ruby Baby (the party! version) including oinks. It was interesting to say the least....I think it happend because I sing that song to myself so much. If it wasn't for Brian, I'd prolly never know that song.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2011, 09:55:08 PM »

I remember when I had a Myspace, I used to have random names for my screen name...one of my fav's that I came up with was Redwood Night....anyone catch that reference? I know, little obvious.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
letsmakeit31
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2011, 03:06:30 AM »

Just seen "The Comedy Genius of John Sullivan" and at the end credits a Cover of "Lonely Sea" Was being played, Or it sounded very much like it to my ears anyone confirm for me please?.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2011, 06:33:47 AM »

Recently watched Just Go With It (generic Sandler/Aniston movie), it featured a few seconds of "Hawaii" as the main characters were landing on.. well, Hawaii. That's pretty much it. I need to get out more.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2011, 12:48:01 PM »

I watched Fantastic Mr Fox and the movie had three Beach Boys songs. They were heroes and villains, i get around, and old man river. I would never expect a movie to have a deep track like old man river.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2011, 01:00:27 PM »

I watched Fantastic Mr Fox and the movie had three Beach Boys songs. They were heroes and villains, i get around, and old man river. I would never expect a movie to have a deep track like old man river.

Great film!
I loves Wes Anderson

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2011, 01:47:59 PM »

Was at the Manic Street Preachers last night and they played "River Song" before going on stage. Was very cool

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2011, 01:53:08 PM »

That's so awesome i would defiantly want to see that Grin, this movie has also got me hooked on Bobby Fuller as well. Too bad those music Nazis WMG won't let me listen to him on youtube.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 02:24:04 PM by briansbathrobe » Logged

Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2011, 02:19:21 PM »

jcrew played an alternate version of wouldn't it be nice.  though i've heard random pet sounds songs in there before. 
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2011, 03:24:39 PM »

I was just reminded the other day as I saw a picture from BB: An American Family-mini-series about a CD that was available through Cracker Barrel , a basic BB Greatest Hits comp, but it has a photo of the cast as the Beach Boys! I never did buy it, though I'm wondering if it's a "collector's item" being what I'd see as a huge mistake...I would have honestly rather have had a "soundtrack to the film," not the greatest hits stuff...just the rarities involved, but we received most of those on Hawthorne, CA, but then again, there's a lot of piano stuff that Brian recorded/"gave" for the series and some Alan Boyd work (which I'd love to hear all of and own); his Smile-esq song ("Geronimo Leaps and Bounds the Glory of the Dustbowl") and a couple other things I can't remember, did he do that "backing track/song" during the Spector scene?

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2011, 10:42:46 AM »

I was in a Thai (I believe) restaurant recently and as we were eating I noticed -- very much to my surprise -- "I Do" by The Beach Boys playing overhead! This seemed like an extremely odd choice because, I mean, it's not exactly the sort of song that is the purview of casual fans. Really cool though, and a good song to boot! I considered asking if it was a satellite service or if someone is just a huge BBs fan, but I demurred...
SG7
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2011, 11:52:31 AM »

Funniest time I ever heard them was a Chinese restaurant in Liverpool, England and the guy who owned the place was playing the entire greatest hits collection. He said it was summer music and The Beach Boys were good for that.  Smiley
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2011, 12:06:40 PM »

Fried rice and The Beach Boys mmm  Shocked

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
MaxL
Smiley Smile Associate

"It's a damn shame"

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2011, 02:29:27 PM »

Beach Boys and the Wizard of Oz joke
If Dennis was the soul of the band, Carl was the heart, and Brian was the brain, does that make Al and Bruce munchkins?

To add to that, would that make Mike the Wicked Witch of the West? And to that end, would that not make Bruce one of the flying monkeys? Just a thought.

Anyway, I was trying to get to sleep one night and I couldn't, the person in the room next to me was pumping out some dance music (or whatever) at some unholy volume at some ungodly hour. As the night dragged on (slowly) one generic dance track blended into the next but suddenly I hear the unmistakeable sound of the intro to Good Vibrations.

It couldn't be, I thought. The opening notes went on for longer than they should, so I didn't think that it was GV. But then Carl's vocals kick in and after his part is done it bursts into some awful techno or dance-trance-prance-etc. beat, accompanying the chorus. Carl's next set of vocals came in and repeat. An utterly terrible "remix" but it was a surprise nonetheless.

Never did get to sleep.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 01:02:14 PM by MaxL » Logged
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2011, 12:47:34 PM »

My neighbor's house caught on fire on today and I started to think of "Fire" from smile. Thought for a second like Brian and wondered if my Beach Boys started the fire in the first place. Then kinda watched the firefighters work while listening to the song.

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2011, 01:04:10 PM »

My neighbor's house caught on fire on today and I started to think of "Fire" from smile. Thought for a second like Brian and wondered if my Beach Boys started the fire in the first place. Then kinda watched the firefighters work while listening to the song.

Ha! Listening to BWPS 'Wind Chimes' right now and a storm has seemed to have formed outside during it's play - 'Fire' is now starting... Shocked

Sucks for your neighbor, I hope the fire wasn't too bad.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

..Stand back, Speak normally

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2011, 01:11:01 PM »

Everytime I see a fire engine wizzing by with sirens at full blast I think of a buch of firemen doing keg-stands in the fire house, getting rip-roaring drunk, and then taking the big trucks out for a joy ride.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2011, 01:23:51 PM »

Ha! Listening to BWPS 'Wind Chimes' right now and a storm has seemed to have formed outside during it's play - 'Fire' is now starting... Shocked

Sucks for your neighbor, I hope the fire wasn't too bad.
The house is fine thankfully,  i guess Beach Boys music causes freak weather or fires  Grin

Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2011, 02:00:43 PM »

i guess Beach Boys music causes freak weather or fires  Grin
[/quote]

i disagree with that thought...  Sad

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2011, 02:08:38 PM »

i guess Beach Boys music causes freak weather or fires  Grin

i disagree with that thought...  Sad
[/quote]
i'm kidding around and don't mean to make fun of the music, i'm just being goofy and reflecting on the fact that at one time Brian thought his music caused fires around LA.  Smiley

Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2011, 02:24:19 PM »

no, you missed my point....

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,7253.0.html

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2011, 02:57:41 PM »

Steve,  there is no excuse for what I said and if i knew the full details of what happened before i posted, wouldn't of posted the way I did. I'm sorry for joking in extremly bad taste and hope this doesn't cause any hard feellings for a long time. I greatly apreciated your collection when you posted it.  
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 03:50:11 PM by briansbathrobe » Logged

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx