gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:14:43 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Track listing for new 2011 box set??  (Read 32953 times)
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 28, 2011, 03:37:02 PM »

There is a lot of overlap on those released sections, though - iirc they all start with the same take! There are more excerpts from those sessions which i would happily pay for, is all.

I would rather more 70's/late 60's sessions, but the nature of home studio work (although not all were done at the house) means that these would be limited. But then I'd be fine with more acapella mixes too, so i'm guess i'm not fussy.  Grin

And that's a shame about Summer Means New Love..... Anyone know who re-recorded it?

I know! I love listening to the sessions, but I get tired of hearing "Good Vibrations, take one," "We're rolling! Let's go!"
Believe it or not me too!!, But I think there could be a least another 5mins or so of the sessions of the "Good Vibs" the deserves to to be released

The SOT 3CD box of the "GV" sessions may have been the least enjoyable listening experience of my last 15 years or so.
Oh dear I must be the only one who enjoyed this then Andrew lol Cheesy, So what sessions would you like to see released then?

Anything from Sunflower through Holland.

I'd love to hear the sessions from Sunflower. Funny, I've never really heard any sessions where all the Beach Boys are present - I guess the Pet Sounds vocal sessions, but I've never really heard any audio of them in a studio producing/recording instrumental tracks.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Jason
« Reply #176 on: January 29, 2011, 08:10:44 AM »

For what it's worth, there is a small bit of the sessions from Slip On Through (takes 6, 7, and 12, plus an earlier, more jam-based take) on bootlegs.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: January 29, 2011, 11:01:41 AM »

Really? The only one  I've heard was one that was at a different speed (like, the tape itself). I need to look harder Wink

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 29, 2011, 01:38:15 PM »

I think Slip On Through was sped up for release.... I've only heard two slow takes, but they sound right - I think there's one where you can hear Carl talking to Dennis before he tries a vocal and they don't sound slower.

Is the jam - based take you mention the one with that ridiculous piano ending? That cracks me up for some reason.

The GV SOT isn't so bad, although the sessions for the organ bridge are probably used to torture POW's in far flung corners of the globe.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
letsmakeit31
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 03, 2011, 02:50:15 PM »

So we may have at least Smile sessions, And tracks released this year according to the latest news Grin
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: February 03, 2011, 11:33:03 PM »

So we may have at least Smile sessions, And tracks released this year according to the latest news Grin

Is the And Tracks part of the Smile section of your sentence? are you saying Smile Sessions and tracks?

Just trying to keep stuff straight. Because if you're saying there's additional tracks that aren't Smile, I hadn't heard and was wondering what kinda tracks they were.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
letsmakeit31
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 04, 2011, 03:03:09 AM »

Is the And Tracks part of the Smile section of your sentence? are you saying Smile Sessions and tracks?

Just trying to keep stuff straight. Because if you're saying there's additional tracks that aren't Smile, I hadn't heard and was wondering what kinda tracks they were.
I did mean Smile tracks and sessions Punkinhead, blame my E grade in G.C.S.E English lol. Sorry for the confusion. I don't have any inside knowledge sadly but happly I'm only a big fan with gut feelings on what may be released.
To be honest I would be happy just to see an released Beach Boys Smile cd this year, as well as what we had released in the past. Ideally it would be as fully completed as possible in stereo as recorded 66-67, With a extra cd or two of Smile sessions ala Pet Sounds box set, Plus an Mono mix to boot too (Mind you we had some of the mono mix in the Good Vibs box set).
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 04, 2011, 03:08:55 AM »

What's our deluxe dvd gonna look like?
Specifically, what do you want?

There's little videos and bites and documentaries all over the place to fit on a disc:

-brief Friends acapella clip about "turning each other onto the good things that life has to give" (meditation promo)
-I feel like there's these small music/song clips with Carl Wilson during Wild Honey era in the studio at Brian's House (does that sound familiar at all?)
-Brian's appearance on SNL (Love is a Woman/Good Vibrations)
-Alan/Mike appearance on Mike Douglas (Everyone's in Love with You and TM Song at the piano)
-Brian's appearance on Mike Douglas (Sloop John B and Back Home)
-Do it Again promo (the guys minus Brian go to a surf shop then go surfing)
-Cotton Fields promo
-Concert footage with Blondie (briefly shown Sail on Sailor on Endless Harmony)
-MIU/Our Team documentary
-Goin' Platinum documentary (KTSA era)
-Outtake songs from Live at Knebworth 1980 (I Write the Songs, In My Room, Good Timin, Santa Ana winds, and Some of Your Love)
-KTSA promo performances of each song (can't remember what it was called, used to be on YouTube)
-Goin' On/Good Vibrations-TV appearance on Fridays (I believe that's what it was called)
-25th Anniversary Concert in Hawaii
-New Year's Rockin' Eve with Chicago (featuring GV, Surfer Girl, Darlin', and Wishin' You Were Here)
-GV in Central Park (1971)- performing Good Vibes, Heroes, Okie From Muskogee, Forever, and It's About Time
-Full performances of Andy Williams Show (Help Me Rhonda, Their Hearts, and Little Cycle)
-Ready, Steady, Go clip of When I Grow Up to Be a Man
-Full performance of Shindig (Little St. Nick, Monster Mash, Johnny B. Goode, and Dance Dance Dance)
-New Years performance (1979 I think)- Here Comes the Night, Rock and Roll Music with Roger McGuinn, and Angel Come Home (I can't remember)
-Never Learn Not To Love, talk show performance, can't remember what show it was)
-Beat Club (1969) performance of Breakaway
-promos: Don't Go Near the Water and You Need a Mess of Help with Darryl Dragon on keyboard
-Getcha Back-tv show appearance (I remember Jeff Foskett is part of the band, Al is on tambourine, and Bruce on key-tar)  Grin
-Top of the Pops performance (1970) Tears in the Morning

Is that enough?  
Is that asking too much?

WE DESERVE IT
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 03:31:13 AM by punkinhead » Logged

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 04, 2011, 03:15:00 AM »

I did mean Smile tracks and sessions Punkinhead, blame my E grade in G.C.S.E English lol. Sorry for the confusion. I don't have any inside knowledge sadly but happly I'm only a big fan with gut feelings on what may be released.
To be honest I would be happy just to see an released Beach Boys Smile cd this year, as well as what we had released in the past. Ideally it would be as fully completed as possible in stereo as recorded 66-67, With a extra cd or two of Smile sessions ala Pet Sounds box set, Plus an Mono mix to boot too (Mind you we had some of the mono mix in the Good Vibs box set).

I gotcha, I wasn't tryin to nit-pick...I just wanna know all the information as possible...we're hungry for this...and I know myself, I read way into things too much.

~post of the century~
-Mikie

letsmakeit31
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 04, 2011, 03:22:59 AM »

I gotcha, I wasn't tryin to nit-pick...I just wanna know all the information as possible...we're hungry for this...and I know myself, I read way into things too much.
No problem happy to help, I'm just glad that our music dreams seems to be coming true this year!!! Grin
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 04, 2011, 05:55:44 AM »

There's little videos and bites and documentaries all over the place to fit on a disc:

-brief Friends acapella clip about "turning each other onto the good things that life has to give" (meditation promo)
-I feel like there's these small music/song clips with Carl Wilson during Wild Honey era in the studio at Brian's House (does that sound familiar at all?)
-Alan/Mike appearance on Mike Douglas (Everyone's in Love with You and TM Song at the piano)
-Cotton Fields promo
-Outtake songs from Live at Knebworth 1980 (I Write the Songs, In My Room, Good Timin, Santa Ana winds, and Some of Your Love)
-KTSA promo performances of each song (can't remember what it was called, used to be on YouTube)
-Goin' On/Good Vibrations-TV appearance on Fridays (I believe that's what it was called)
-New Year's Rockin' Eve with Chicago (featuring GV, Surfer Girl, Darlin', and Wishin' You Were Here)
-GV in Central Park (1971)- performing Good Vibes, Heroes, Okie From Muskogee, Forever, and It's About Time
-Full performances of Andy Williams Show (Help Me Rhonda, Their Hearts, and Little Cycle)
-Full performance of Shindig (Little St. Nick, Monster Mash, Johnny B. Goode, and Dance Dance Dance)
-New Years performance (1979 I think)- Here Comes the Night, Rock and Roll Music with Roger McGuinn, and Angel Come Home (I can't remember)
-Never Learn Not To Love, talk show performance, can't remember what show it was)
-promos: Don't Go Near the Water and You Need a Mess of Help with Darryl Dragon on keyboard
-Getcha Back-tv show appearance (I remember Jeff Foskett is part of the band, Al is on tambourine, and Bruce on key-tar)  Grin

Is that enough?  
Is that asking too much?

WE DESERVE IT
Are any of these a possibility?

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: February 04, 2011, 01:53:20 PM »

-Cotton Fields promo

Is that enough?  
Is that asking too much?

WE DESERVE IT

I'd love to see the video-outtake from "It's ok" where the guys sit around the piano and sing "Surfer girl". In fact, I'd love all of these sessions to be released. I'd even sit through more than one "I'm bugged at my ol' man" to see the "Surfer girl"-parts

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 04, 2011, 07:47:51 PM »

2012 box set
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 04, 2011, 09:45:55 PM »

-Cotton Fields promo

Is that enough?  
Is that asking too much?

WE DESERVE IT

I'd love to see the video-outtake from "It's ok" where the guys sit around the piano and sing "Surfer girl". In fact, I'd love all of these sessions to be released. I'd even sit through more than one "I'm bugged at my ol' man" to see the "Surfer girl"-parts
Would you be willing to sit through a silent dvd of random footage from ONE particular tour?  Wink

~post of the century~
-Mikie

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 05, 2011, 01:13:09 AM »

I don't think you'd see much mid 70's Brian in there - Those performances range from embarassing to downright worrying.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
slp22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 05, 2011, 08:29:43 AM »

I would love to see the July 4th Atlantic City Concert from 1983 Released on Dvd. I think that would be Awesome.  Being the last 4th of july with all 6 members together that would be a historical document to have
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 08:32:10 AM by slp22 » Logged
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 05, 2011, 09:38:16 AM »

I don't think you'd see much mid 70's Brian in there - Those performances range from embarassing to downright worrying.

"from embarassing to downright worrying..." to historical!

But prolly a piece of history Brian doesn't want brought back to the public eye, much like Ringo/Paul's distaste for bringing the Let it Be film to release.

Thinking of stuff Brian wouldn't want shown:
-the performance of Back Home where he and Mike get into a fight (been on Youtube before)...notably, Brian hits the mic.
-Brian shaking his hips to Roller Skating Child.
-Brian singing Don't Worry Baby in 1981 (I think you know what clip I'm describing)

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: February 05, 2011, 02:01:35 PM »

-Brian shaking his hips to Roller Skating Child.

Clip and audio don't belong together. They didn't play RSC

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx