gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681550 Posts in 27642 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 12, 2024, 06:09:32 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Happy Birthday Dennis Wilson  (Read 2020 times)
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« on: December 04, 2010, 10:59:09 AM »

Thanks for the great music you created.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 11:01:59 AM »

Forever cool and hip. Happy Birthday, Dennis!

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 11:02:09 AM »

If this was a Facebook status update I would 'like' it because I agree but don't have much substantial to add. I'm glad the POB reissue brought him substantially more recognition and positive reappraisal, however, as he and his music definitely deserved that. (Thanks in no small way, of course, to your own efforts, Mr. Stebbins!)
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 11:04:34 AM »

Happy birthday, you magnificent bastard you  Grin

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Jason
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 11:05:07 AM »

Happy birthday Dennis! 66 Big Ones today...you are missed, brother.
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2010, 11:10:18 AM »

Listening back just now to the radio interview Dennis gave to an FM station in Eugene, Oregon in late '77 reminds me what a truly special soul he was:  spiritual, engaged, thoughtful, funny, both reverant & irreverant at the same time!  Shine on, DW.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2010, 11:23:21 AM »

Dennis Wilson.

That's all you need to know.  Grin

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2010, 05:18:31 PM »

Jon, I recently saw a television show on the "car guy" side of Steve McQueen.  I remember reading (dreaming?)  about Steve and Dennis hanging out, maybe racing somewhere or driving along the California coast.  Maybe read it in your book or somewhere else.

Do you have any stories to share on this aspect of DW's life?    I'd love to hear them.  I'm sure others here would as well.

Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2010, 05:28:40 PM »

Happy Denny Day to one and all! It's a good day to break out POB and Dennis Wilson Forever.

CarCrazyCutie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2010, 07:28:36 PM »

Happy Birthday to quite possibly the coolest person that ever lived dennis We miss you Dennis!!!
Beckgtr09
Smiley Smile Associate

I've been in this town so long......

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2010, 05:30:07 AM »

Happy Birthday Dennis. May you enjoy your special day with all the other great Rock and Rollers that are with you. Thank you for giving us the magic you created with your 2 brothers. You'd be proud of Brian if you were here with us today.  Grin

c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2010, 07:31:17 AM »

Jon, I recently saw a television show on the "car guy" side of Steve McQueen.  I remember reading (dreaming?)  about Steve and Dennis hanging out, maybe racing somewhere or driving along the California coast.  Maybe read it in your book or somewhere else.

Do you have any stories to share on this aspect of DW's life?    I'd love to hear them.  I'm sure others here would as well.

Donald, I'm sure you saw this in the DVD "Dennis Wilson Forever" by Billy Hinsche.  IIRC, the story was told by Dean Torrence.
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2010, 11:41:40 AM »

Donald, I'm sure you saw this in the DVD "Dennis Wilson Forever" by Billy Hinsche.  IIRC, the story was told by Dean Torrence.
If Donald read my Dennis Wilson book then he saw the Steve McQueen story there first as told by Gregg Jakobson...page 90.
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2010, 11:47:04 AM »

If Donald read my Dennis Wilson book then he saw the Steve McQueen story there first as told by Gregg Jakobson...page 90.

Ah...close to ten years since I read "The Real Beach Boy" cover-to-cover as opposed to maybe three years since I last watched "Dennis Wilson Forever"...apologies, Jon!  Smiley
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx