gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681542 Posts in 27642 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 12, 2024, 12:04:34 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dennis Wilson..."Me and Charlie, we founded the family".  (Read 19642 times)
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2010, 11:40:00 PM »

Manson would have been useless in Afghanistan or anywhere else as a murderer.  His talent wasn't as a killer, it was as a manipulator of minds.  Other people did all his dirty work.
grillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2010, 07:19:40 AM »

Manson would have been useless in Afghanistan or anywhere else as a murderer.  His talent wasn't as a killer, it was as a manipulator of minds.  Other people did all his dirty work.
In that case he'd be a good General or President...

“You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
― Richard Buckminster Fuller
Menace Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2010, 08:24:04 AM »

If you want to see something to really make your skin crawl check out this Sandy Good interview, esp her expression around the 2:50 - 2:55 mark. Despite her obvious flaws, I always considered Sandra a hottie, but her face here is the stuff nightmares are made of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCn4cn8ncL4&feature=related

First thing that came to mind was the scene in The Exorcist where Regan giggles after the death of the priest.

"Jeff, you care." --BW
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2010, 08:46:12 AM »

Manson would have been useless in Afghanistan or anywhere else as a murderer.  His talent wasn't as a killer, it was as a manipulator of minds.  Other people did all his dirty work.
In that case he'd be a good General or President...

Beat me to it Grillo.  Grin

If you want to see something to really make your skin crawl check out this Sandy Good interview, esp her expression around the 2:50 - 2:55 mark. Despite her obvious flaws, I always considered Sandra a hottie, but her face here is the stuff nightmares are made of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCn4cn8ncL4&feature=related

First thing that came to mind was the scene in The Exorcist where Regan giggles after the death of the priest.

True, I half expected her head to do a 360 spin!!Whenever I hear Sandra talk in that smug, arrogant, self righteous tone, I initially get the urge to punch her teeth right down her throat. However once I step back and reflect on it somemore I find myself actually feeling sorry for her. She never should have been sent to a regular jail, she should have been put in a mental asylum and worked on night and day to deprogram her from all this loony toon nonsense. She has thrown her life away over some two bit hippy conman.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 11:33:29 PM by mikes beard » Logged

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
MBE
« Reply #79 on: October 26, 2010, 12:56:09 AM »

Was the "homosexual" experience the prison rape?
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2010, 02:27:30 PM »

Kinda related:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSBm576vcJw&p=D9BB20302496EBB2&playnext=1&index=44

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2010, 10:06:50 PM »

Hey, Meaty should praise the Lord he's a talentless git if not Charles and family might have glommed onto him instead.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Exapno Mapcase
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 31, 2010, 03:15:05 AM »

Wasn't it Brian and Carl who worked on Manson's recordings rather than Dennis?

Honk! Honk!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: October 31, 2010, 03:18:06 AM »

Allegedly.  Roll Eyes

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 31, 2010, 05:03:34 AM »

Is it true that anyone who's going to interview Brian is given a list of commandments of what not to ask him? I imagine "So Brian what was it like working with Charlie Manson" would be at the top of that list.

Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 31, 2010, 12:59:40 PM »

Is it true that anyone who's going to interview Brian is given a list of commandments of what not to ask him?
That is not true.
MBE
« Reply #86 on: October 31, 2010, 09:42:30 PM »

When I interviewed they did not ask me not to ask anything but did ask me what I would be asking. Never wrote the word ask so many times!
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 31, 2010, 11:50:54 PM »

Is it true that anyone who's going to interview Brian is given a list of commandments of what not to ask him?
That is not true.

I know I have read an interview somewhere on the internet, where at the beginning of the article the writer mentions that he was briefed beforehand to avoid certain questions. I suspect it was from the Landy era.

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 01, 2010, 02:18:14 AM »

I thought around the time of the Spector trial it was suggested that Journos avoid asking Bri about him - a few did, of course....

That said, having certain topics vetoed by your press team seems to be pretty commonplace in pop nowadays, so it's not as if it's Landy all over.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 01, 2010, 02:53:39 AM »

Allegedly.  Roll Eyes

"Brian Wilson Reimagines Manson" anyone?  Grin
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 06:17:43 AM by mikes beard » Logged

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: November 01, 2010, 05:27:57 AM »

Some more youtube-stuff:

Karen Lamm on Dennis and Manson:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H1BKvHAtzo&feature=related

Gregg Jakobson:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEl3ouD_Dqg&feature=related

The house:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8zjFEgPsMU&feature=related
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 05:34:34 AM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 01, 2010, 06:31:47 AM »

Thanks Rocker. The Gregg Jakobson interview was pretty good. Who can blame Dennis for wanting all that sex on tap? Who here wouldn't have happily banged some of the Manson girls, crabs and the clap aside?

The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 06, 2010, 05:24:22 AM »

Allegedly.  Roll Eyes

"Brian Wilson Reimagines Manson" anyone?  Grin

Journalist: 'Hey, Bri, good to see ya man! How was handling and producing Charlie Manson, by the way?'

Brian: 'Well, sir, I had to realize that I was not dealing with an average citizen, with a normal psychatric make-up. So what I actually did was read a lot on neuroscience and psychiatry, notably DSM-III TR and 'Principles of Neuroscience' by later Nobel laureate Eric R. Kandel. Furthermore, I did a course in interference therapy, and also in contextual handling of a fragile yet artistic mind.

Then mr. Manson and I went into the studio and recorded around 45 minutes of elegiac chamber music, with a string quintet and a pianist. Mr. Manson contributed the finest lyrics imaginable.

Alas, after the 'incidents' inextricably linked with the life and times of mr. Manson and his merry troupe of friends, I got orders from the highest quarters to burn the master tapes.

Sad, don't you think?'

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 06, 2010, 10:13:21 AM »

Nice post Don, but you left out a few essential parts about the recording session;

1 - Brian got disinterested after 20 minutes or so and curled up in a corner, promptly falling asleep much to Charlie's annoyance.
2 - A then heavyset Carl flopped down onto a chair unaware that Squeaky Fromme was already sitting there and it was two days before he noticed she was lodged between his buttocks.
3 - Mike "just happend to be in the neighbourhood" and popped by, then got into a sulk when even the skankiest Manson slut refused to make it with him.
4 - Charlie tried to sacrifice Louie and Bannana in one of his Satanic blood rituals.
5 - Marilyn having finally had enough, ejected the Family from the house. On the way out Susan Atkins defecated in the stairwell.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 10:32:28 PM by mikes beard » Logged

The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 07, 2010, 01:27:33 AM »

Nice post Don, but you left out a few essential parts about the recording session;

1 - Brian got disinterested after 20 minutes or so and curled up in a corner, promptly falling asleep much to Charlie's annoyance.
2 - A then heavyset Carl flopped down onto a chair unaware that Squeaky Fromme was already sitting there and it was two days before he noticed she was lodged between his buttocks.
3 - Mike "just happend to be in the neighbourhood" and popped by, then got into a sulk when even the skankiest Manson slut refused to make it with him.
4 - Charlie tried to sacrifice Louie and Bannana in one of his Satanic blood rituals.
5 - Marilyn having finally had enough, ejected the Family from the house. On the way out Susan Atkins defecated in the stairwell.

LOL LOL

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 07, 2010, 08:22:11 AM »

I wonder why the DA never got Dennis up on the stand during the Tate/LaBiancia trial?

Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 07, 2010, 09:14:03 AM »

I wonder why the DA never got Dennis up on the stand during the Tate/LaBiancia trial?
The answer to that is called Gregg Jakobson
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 07, 2010, 11:46:19 AM »

Thanks Jon. Having recently read parts of the Court's manuscripts, I'm guessing there's nothing of note they could have gotten from Dennis that Gregg hadn't already told them? Plus having a well known celebrity testify could have prompted more of a media circus than the trial already was. Frankly, some of the blunders in the trial were staggering, most of the defense lawyers were a joke.

The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 08, 2010, 12:08:59 AM »

Thanks Jon. Having recently read parts of the Court's manuscripts, I'm guessing there's nothing of note they could have gotten from Dennis that Gregg hadn't already told them? Plus having a well known celebrity testify could have prompted more of a media circus than the trial already was. Frankly, some of the blunders in the trial were staggering, most of the defense lawyers were a joke.

Reminds me of the O.J. Simpson trial. A correspondent wrote me that no one in the courtroom was able to calculate the circumference (or surface value) of a circle from its radius. An erroneous conclusion was drawn and made part of the proof.

Ed Roach
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 08, 2010, 06:24:29 AM »

While Gregg did 'save' Dennis from having to testify, there was quite a cat-and-mouse game that led up to this event.  Bugliosi was adamant that he was going to get Dennis to testify, but Dennis was more determined that he wouldn't, and guess who won?  I haven't gone back yet to look at the dates for the mini-tours that were set up, but every time DW was sent a subpena to testify, (and I had had one of these, which unfortunately is one of the few things I can recall that disappeared from my archive), Nick Grillo would arrange a tour to make him unaccessible.  They finally agreed to Dennis coming in and being interviewed, in exchange for dropping trying to get him in court.  And then, too, there was the agreement that Gregg would testify instead - and he subsequently sold a part of this story & testimony to Rolling Stone, which published it under an alias for his safety.  Needless to say, no one felt safe at that time...
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 10:07:42 AM by Ed Roach » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx