gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
639637 Posts in 25559 Topics by 3631 Members - Latest Member: LifeIsForTheLiving November 14, 2018, 08:15:19 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 267 268 269 [270] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thread for various insignificant questions that don't deserve their own thread!  (Read 636320 times)
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #6725 on: October 23, 2018, 03:49:11 PM »

After looking at the Imagination credits I am quite intrigued. I saw that Bruce is on the album singing backgrounds, does anyone have a song or part of a song where he is clearly audible? I think Bruce being on this album is really interesting, given what was going on with The Beach Boys in the late 90's. Brian is also credited as playing drums, does anyone know what song(s) he plays drums on?

Also, on an unrelated note--- do you think Al will ever tour with his Endless Summer band again? I know he's quite busy doing shows with Brian and doing his Postcard storytelling shows, but I wonder if he will ever reunite the band he had been playing with consistently for many years, as I understand it, until around 2014. At least as far as I can remember, he hasn't played with that band in a few years. It's a solid group of musicians that I'd love to see come together again.
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6726 on: October 23, 2018, 05:04:24 PM »

I just watched James Taylor singing the national anthem at Fenway Park for the first game of the World Series.  I was thinking it’s a shame that The Beach Boys aren’t together, they would have been a perfect choice for the first Dodger Stadium game of the series.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 05:05:32 PM by Rocky Raccoon » Logged

c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6727 on: October 23, 2018, 05:47:30 PM »

Is that the boys playing on Graduation Day, or did they get session musicians in?
Why wouldn't it be? It's Carl on Acoustic Guitar and that's it. Here is more information, Thanks to Mr. Slowinski. http://www.tiptopwebsite.com/files/craigslowinskicom.pdf?734#page=45   Scroll down to page 70.

Well, it's actually Electric Guitar that Carl plays on that track.
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6728 on: October 23, 2018, 05:54:11 PM »

After looking at the Imagination credits I am quite intrigued. I saw that Bruce is on the album singing backgrounds, does anyone have a song or part of a song where he is clearly audible? I think Bruce being on this album is really interesting, given what was going on with The Beach Boys in the late 90's. Brian is also credited as playing drums, does anyone know what song(s) he plays drums on?

Also, on an unrelated note--- do you think Al will ever tour with his Endless Summer band again? I know he's quite busy doing shows with Brian and doing his Postcard storytelling shows, but I wonder if he will ever reunite the band he had been playing with consistently for many years, as I understand it, until around 2014. At least as far as I can remember, he hasn't played with that band in a few years. It's a solid group of musicians that I'd love to see come together again.

Ah, Wikipedia - wrong again. Bruce does not sing on the album (according to the actual album credits), but he did join Brian for a couple of live performances of songs from the album upon it's release, including the full length video produced for TV and later released on VHS/DVD. Nor is Brian credited with playing drums on the album - although if memory serves, in that same video there is a clip of him in the studio sitting at the drums playing the intro to "Be My Baby" as means of demonstration. So, perhaps whoever posted those credits on Wikipedia was going by the video, not the actual album credits!
JaiGuruDev
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #6729 on: November 02, 2018, 08:01:07 PM »

So what is the real story behind the boys getting the instruments for Surfin'?

There's the most "famous" one, which is them using the money for food and spending it on instruments. But i've heard that it was actually Alan's mother who gave them the money.

So, which one is true? Are both of them true?
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
The Dr. of Wilsonomics
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6730 on: November 02, 2018, 08:37:50 PM »

So what is the real story behind the boys getting the instruments for Surfin'?

There's the most "famous" one, which is them using the money for food and spending it on instruments. But i've heard that it was actually Alan's mother who gave them the money.

So, which one is true? Are both of them true?

Good question....I was under the impression that it was indeed Al's mother.

RIP Alexa Lestage (8 May 1995- 10 June 2018) .

https://www.gofundme.com/help-support-the-jurkowlaniecs

Lady:”Sir why you are drowning my son!!! “
Guy:“Maa’m, the ad clearly reads...SEA horse rides for a dollar “
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6731 on: November 05, 2018, 01:14:58 AM »

Pretty convincing telling from Al. Another point. Wasn’t there some discussion and evidence about whether the Wilsons went to Europe rather than Mexico?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156497780365929&id=120487785695&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.co.nz%2F&_rdr

Edit:

Putting aside the later reputations of some of the posters, here is the thread mentioned above.

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,9656.0.html
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 01:31:54 AM by Pretty Funky » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 267 268 269 [270] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx