gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:42:01 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Aomdiddlywalla, parlay, Gosh Darn Highway (+ 1 Hidden) and 55 Guests are viewing this topic.       « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 267 268 269 [270] 271 272 273 274 275 ... 285 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thread for various insignificant questions that don't deserve their own thread!  (Read 1399530 times)
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #6725 on: October 23, 2018, 03:49:11 PM »

After looking at the Imagination credits I am quite intrigued. I saw that Bruce is on the album singing backgrounds, does anyone have a song or part of a song where he is clearly audible? I think Bruce being on this album is really interesting, given what was going on with The Beach Boys in the late 90's. Brian is also credited as playing drums, does anyone know what song(s) he plays drums on?

Also, on an unrelated note--- do you think Al will ever tour with his Endless Summer band again? I know he's quite busy doing shows with Brian and doing his Postcard storytelling shows, but I wonder if he will ever reunite the band he had been playing with consistently for many years, as I understand it, until around 2014. At least as far as I can remember, he hasn't played with that band in a few years. It's a solid group of musicians that I'd love to see come together again.
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6726 on: October 23, 2018, 05:04:24 PM »

I just watched James Taylor singing the national anthem at Fenway Park for the first game of the World Series.  I was thinking it’s a shame that The Beach Boys aren’t together, they would have been a perfect choice for the first Dodger Stadium game of the series.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 05:05:32 PM by Rocky Raccoon » Logged

c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6727 on: October 23, 2018, 05:47:30 PM »

Is that the boys playing on Graduation Day, or did they get session musicians in?
Why wouldn't it be? It's Carl on Acoustic Guitar and that's it. Here is more information, Thanks to Mr. Slowinski. http://www.tiptopwebsite.com/files/craigslowinskicom.pdf?734#page=45   Scroll down to page 70.

Well, it's actually Electric Guitar that Carl plays on that track.
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6728 on: October 23, 2018, 05:54:11 PM »

After looking at the Imagination credits I am quite intrigued. I saw that Bruce is on the album singing backgrounds, does anyone have a song or part of a song where he is clearly audible? I think Bruce being on this album is really interesting, given what was going on with The Beach Boys in the late 90's. Brian is also credited as playing drums, does anyone know what song(s) he plays drums on?

Also, on an unrelated note--- do you think Al will ever tour with his Endless Summer band again? I know he's quite busy doing shows with Brian and doing his Postcard storytelling shows, but I wonder if he will ever reunite the band he had been playing with consistently for many years, as I understand it, until around 2014. At least as far as I can remember, he hasn't played with that band in a few years. It's a solid group of musicians that I'd love to see come together again.

Ah, Wikipedia - wrong again. Bruce does not sing on the album (according to the actual album credits), but he did join Brian for a couple of live performances of songs from the album upon it's release, including the full length video produced for TV and later released on VHS/DVD. Nor is Brian credited with playing drums on the album - although if memory serves, in that same video there is a clip of him in the studio sitting at the drums playing the intro to "Be My Baby" as means of demonstration. So, perhaps whoever posted those credits on Wikipedia was going by the video, not the actual album credits!
JaiGuruDev
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6729 on: November 02, 2018, 08:01:07 PM »

So what is the real story behind the boys getting the instruments for Surfin'?

There's the most "famous" one, which is them using the money for food and spending it on instruments. But i've heard that it was actually Alan's mother who gave them the money.

So, which one is true? Are both of them true?
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6730 on: November 02, 2018, 08:37:50 PM »

So what is the real story behind the boys getting the instruments for Surfin'?

There's the most "famous" one, which is them using the money for food and spending it on instruments. But i've heard that it was actually Alan's mother who gave them the money.

So, which one is true? Are both of them true?

Good question....I was under the impression that it was indeed Al's mother.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6731 on: November 05, 2018, 01:14:58 AM »

Pretty convincing telling from Al. Another point. Wasn’t there some discussion and evidence about whether the Wilsons went to Europe rather than Mexico?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156497780365929&id=120487785695&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.co.nz%2F&_rdr

Edit:

Putting aside the later reputations of some of the posters, here is the thread mentioned above.

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,9656.0.html
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 01:31:54 AM by Pretty Funky » Logged
marcella27
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6732 on: November 25, 2018, 06:43:17 PM »

I just saw a picture of Wendy Wilson and was shocked by how much she reminds me of Diane Rovell.  Am I the only one that sees the resemblance? 
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #6733 on: November 25, 2018, 07:52:39 PM »

I just watched James Taylor singing the national anthem at Fenway Park for the first game of the World Series.  I was thinking it’s a shame that The Beach Boys aren’t together, they would have been a perfect choice for the first Dodger Stadium game of the series.

Undeniably easy to see why myKe luHv wears a hat all the time. In his case. I'd think about wearing it while sleeping as well, that is if he can sleep.  Shocked

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Clinton
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6734 on: November 25, 2018, 08:22:57 PM »

I just saw a picture of Wendy Wilson and was shocked by how much she reminds me of Diane Rovell.  Am I the only one that sees the resemblance? 

No. Wendy resembles Diane and Carnie resembles Marilyn. I don't see a Brian resemblance
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6735 on: November 26, 2018, 10:49:09 AM »

On either?

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6736 on: November 26, 2018, 09:09:06 PM »

I can definitely see young Brian in Carnie.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #6737 on: November 26, 2018, 10:57:49 PM »

Carnie's mouth/ teeth look like Marilyn's. The other face features - Brian's. Wendy doesn't look like Diane - she's pretty girl. Diane's face differs, it isn't as good-looking.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6738 on: November 26, 2018, 11:15:55 PM »

I’ve always thought Wendy looked a lot like 62 or 63 vintage Brian

marcella27
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6739 on: November 27, 2018, 07:46:42 AM »

Carnie's mouth/ teeth look like Marilyn's. The other face features - Brian's. Wendy doesn't look like Diane - she's pretty girl. Diane's face differs, it isn't as good-looking.

Wow, I don't know how you can't see it.  Look at Wendy's picture here (sorry, I can't insert the image for some reason)

https://twitter.com/wendywilson

And Diane's here:  http://badcatrecords.com/BadCat/AMERICANspring.htm

« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 07:50:53 AM by marcella27 » Logged
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6740 on: November 27, 2018, 12:25:00 PM »

I'd seen the pics. Diane's got rough face. Wendy is pretty. I don't see resemblance. Sure, niece with aunt weirdly can look perhaps similar but not Wendy with Diane.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
The Cigarette Light Joke
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6741 on: November 28, 2018, 01:34:46 AM »

On the analogue productions website it describes Sunflower as “one of the few 'true stereo' (soft) rock records ever recorded.”

What does this mean please?
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6742 on: December 12, 2018, 06:49:05 AM »

Interesting footnote: in rocky pimple book thread BBs fans defend random writer trying to sell book, obviously *due to it* willing to answer questions; they didn't side, strangely, with BBs fan who cares about the board & been in it since 2012. As they say, "nice".

astroray
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6743 on: January 01, 2019, 07:45:18 PM »

And in maybe the most worthless post on this boards history, I was watching "The Old Man & The Gun" Robert Redford's last film, him and Sissy Spacek go to the movie, it's "Two Lane Black Top" small clip, no Dennis! Sorry I wasted your reading time!

Cook pork throughly
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6744 on: January 01, 2019, 11:35:19 PM »

On the analogue productions website it describes Sunflower as “one of the few 'true stereo' (soft) rock records ever recorded.”

What does this mean please?

I’m still trying to figure that one out myself!

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6745 on: January 02, 2019, 07:48:52 AM »

And in maybe the most worthless post on this boards history, I was watching "The Old Man & The Gun" Robert Redford's last film, him and Sissy Spacek go to the movie, it's "Two Lane Black Top" small clip, no Dennis! Sorry I wasted your reading time!
I like Sissy Spacek (dislike Robert Redford). It's fun to read various BBs trivia, even distantly related, wouldn't say it's "worthless". Definitely isn't time waste either - it's short post, i.e. reads fast. :D

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #6746 on: February 18, 2019, 01:40:13 AM »

Does anyone know who plays what on the stunning 1973 BB demo version of "River Song"?

All suggestions greatly appreciated. Smiley

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
SmileyBrian67
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #6747 on: February 20, 2019, 01:36:43 PM »

I got directed here by a fellow forum member and my question is Why does Brian look the we he does on the cover of Endless Summer he does not have a beard and I’m pretty sure in 1974 he had a beard
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6748 on: February 20, 2019, 01:53:08 PM »

Homage to the glory days?

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #6749 on: March 27, 2019, 09:13:07 AM »

Mike & Bruce already have shows booked for March of next year... Does that mean we can't anticipate the reunion that's been talked about? Could it still happen in later in the year?
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 267 268 269 [270] 271 272 273 274 275 ... 285 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx