gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680755 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 10:37:53 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 ... 286 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thread for various insignificant questions that don't deserve their own thread!  (Read 1406956 times)
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #2700 on: August 13, 2012, 02:32:16 PM »

Since Carl and Dennis were leading more towards original songs for the 15 Big Ones album and not an oldies album, what were the planned songs? All songs by Brian or with the other guys? I'm gonna list some songs I figure were perhaps ready and willing to go on the album

-Good Timin
-I wanna Pick you up (Pick you up at 8-album title)
-Pacific Ocean Blues
-Angel Come Home (original track from rarities disc with a faster tempo)
-Holy Man
-Lisa
-Rainbows
-Why do Fools Fall in Love (I know this is an oldie...but I was thinkin if Brian was so lazy for the tracks, I'm surprised he didn't put this on there from California Music and say it was the BB  Wink)
-Don't Want Much, Just A Country Or Two, Maybe A Planet Before It's Through
-Come to the Sunshine
-10,000 Years
-River Song
-Don't Fight the Sea
-Hey Little Tomboy
-Gold Rush

And of course all the other original material from the 15 Big Ones album.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: August 13, 2012, 02:39:20 PM »

I'm trying to get every beach boys book there is and I'm looking at Anthony Dean's and John Tobler's books...shall I get these or are they a re-hashing of other books? Anything new in them that makes them worth the purchase/read?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: August 13, 2012, 02:44:11 PM »

Isn't it Mike?

What, really? 
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: August 13, 2012, 02:59:49 PM »

I was listening to the outtakes of the Concert album that are spread throughout the BB discography and just wondering why these songs weren't good enough to make the track listing of the live album. Honestly, some of their own material in this setting was far better than some of the covers. Not that their covers aren't good, but the song quality is much better. So for the tracks not included: Little Honda, Don't Worry Baby, Hushabye, Don't Back Down, Surfin' USA, Wendy, Surfer Girl, and Be True To Your School....put those songs on with the covers spread throughout and there's one fine live album that'd still go GOLD!

So why were these titles not included? Is something wrong with the performance of these songs? Or just needed space for far better songs?\

Speaking of live albums, how many live albums were recorded with the intention of release?

-Michigan State (premier of GV)
-Hawaii (67-debut of H&V)
-Hollywood Bowl
-Washington DC (67)
-Big Sur (70)
-The Fillmore East
-Syracuse University (71)
-Paramount (93?) (GV-Box set concerts)

What else?

~post of the century~
-Mikie

runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: August 13, 2012, 03:08:33 PM »

It can't be. We all know Mike, sans the occasional "a-*HE*-roes, a-*HE*-roes, a-*HE*-roes and *VILL*-ains", is giving an extended version of the "nuclear bomb" speech during each performance, but his mic is inaudible.

Edit: Sorry,"nucular bomb."
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 03:13:37 PM by runnersdialzero » Logged

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: August 13, 2012, 03:16:56 PM »

It can't be. We all know Mike, sans the occasional "a-*HE*-roes, a-*HE*-roes, a-*HE*-roes and *VILL*-ains", is giving an extended version of the "nuclear bomb" speech during each performance, but his mic is inaudible.

I think at the May concert I was at, Nick Walusko did the "You're Under Arrest!", might have been Probyn or Scott at the second one in June?

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
ahoutman1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: August 13, 2012, 04:57:47 PM »

I swear foskett did it at the show i saw
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: August 13, 2012, 05:02:58 PM »

I swear foskett did it at the show i saw

He was shadowing someone else, obvously.

Tell me it's okay.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
halblaineisgood
« Reply #2708 on: August 14, 2012, 12:42:50 PM »

Anyone else think All This is That sounds like a spinal tap song?
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: August 14, 2012, 01:09:21 PM »

Oh tell me why in the world are the SMiLE tees on Brian's Merch website only for girls?

I clicked on the guys link of merch & it's no where to be found.

~post of the century~
-Mikie

punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: August 14, 2012, 01:12:04 PM »

I think at the May concert I was at, Nick Walusko did the "You're Under Arrest!", might have been Probyn or Scott at the second one in June?
Whomever may say that line, I still don't enjoy it half as much as the original version by Gene (can't remember last name). It's just the manner he says it in on the original that's so silly that when I heard Nick W. do it on the Smile concerts, it was more of a serious tone. Do I recall right?

~post of the century~
-Mikie

EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: August 14, 2012, 01:14:17 PM »

Whomever may say that line, I still don't enjoy it half as much as the original version by Gene (can't remember last name). It's just the manner he says it in on the original that's so silly that when I heard Nick W. do it on the Smile concerts, it was more of a serious tone. Do I recall right?

Gene Gaddy on the original.

I wondered something at the show I was at - what do non-fans (or non-hardcore fans, anyway), think when the You're Under Arrest line comes in right in the middle of Heroes and Villains? They must think something has gone terribly wrong!  Smiley

runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: August 14, 2012, 01:41:23 PM »

Nick, God bless 'im (a fine performer and seemingly a nice person), somehow sounds sad when delivering the "You're under arrest!" line. How can that be?

Tell me it's okay.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: August 14, 2012, 01:43:29 PM »

Nick, God bless 'im (a fine performer and seemingly a nice person), somehow sounds sad when delivering the "You're under arrest!" line. How can that be?

Yep, that's the way I see it.

~post of the century~
-Mikie

punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: August 16, 2012, 12:01:43 PM »

What versions of Wonderful & Vegetables are on the new 50 Big Ones?
Are any single version on there besides Rhonda? Like Rock & Roll Music or It's OK or Cool Cool Water?

~post of the century~
-Mikie

punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2715 on: August 16, 2012, 12:18:32 PM »

Does anyone own the BB-Complete history- Wiki Editors?

I was just looking through and comparing what's on the wiki site now.
It seems a lot of songs aren't posted anymore but a lot of the albums have the musicians who played on the album listed (which the book doesn't have) but not all the albums on the site have that. I wanna say it's just the albums that already listed the musicians in the liner notes/record sleeves, a lot of the later albums. Anyone else notice any other changes?

I actually printed out (you know me & printouts) related folks and discography like Jeff Foskett, Murry, Van Dyke & recently added Brian's last 2 solo albums and TWGMTR to complete the whole wiki book affair.

~post of the century~
-Mikie

runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: August 16, 2012, 01:18:07 PM »

Wait, what wiki? D =

Tell me it's okay.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: August 16, 2012, 03:34:40 PM »

Are any single version on there besides Rhonda? Like Rock & Roll Music or It's OK or Cool Cool Water?

I'd bet you any money they'd be the Smile Sessions tracks. As for the rest, I don't know.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: August 16, 2012, 03:40:33 PM »

I'd bet you any money they'd be the Smile Sessions tracks. As for the rest, I don't know.

Unless I've lost the plot, those two tracks aren't on 50 Big Ones.

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: August 16, 2012, 03:54:18 PM »

.... They're not? What the hell is he talking about then?

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: August 17, 2012, 12:04:09 PM »

.... They're not? What the hell is he talking about then?
I coulda sworn they're on there

~post of the century~
-Mikie

punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: August 17, 2012, 12:04:22 PM »

Wait, what wiki? D =

WIKIPEDIA?

~post of the century~
-Mikie

punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: August 17, 2012, 12:07:24 PM »

lookin through the wikipedia bb book, alot of the albums that had early/alternative tracklistings like Landlocked/Adult Child/California Feelin/Winds of Change in the book are no longer listed on the site, that's strange, I wonder why.

As for the Winds of Change album they list, if I remember correctly, it has the exact same tracks of MIU, but it's in different order...so the Warner Bros. record exec's didn't like Winds of Change tracks yet they just changed up the order & title and that was good enough? strange...

~post of the century~
-Mikie

runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: August 17, 2012, 02:26:54 PM »

lookin through the wikipedia bb book, alot of the albums that had early/alternative tracklistings like Landlocked/Adult Child/California Feelin/Winds of Change in the book are no longer listed on the site, that's strange, I wonder why.

As for the Winds of Change album they list, if I remember correctly, it has the exact same tracks of MIU, but it's in different order...so the Warner Bros. record exec's didn't like Winds of Change tracks yet they just changed up the order & title and that was good enough? strange...

Another reason why we need our own. teh wikipedia is full of bullies who dislike information and interesting things. They delete them and fight you over it, even if it's relevant to the page, and bully you over it. lols999

As for Winds Of Change versus MIU, lots of labels are known to change tracklist orders.

Tell me it's okay.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: August 17, 2012, 03:11:55 PM »

Another reason why we need our own. teh wikipedia is full of bullies who dislike information and interesting things. They delete them and fight you over it, even if it's relevant to the page, and bully you over it. lols999

As for Winds Of Change versus MIU, lots of labels are known to change tracklist orders.
That kinda stuff is really fascinating to me, kind of like a lot of the BB albums have tracklistings on the back of the album but they're not in order, like Shut Down Vol.2, KTSA, LoveYou. I was about to say Holland but actually, the way they did it by band member is really unique and I've not seen anything like that quite sense. So what BB albums had a different order before the label changed it? Besides the original Sun Flower/Add Some Music and MIU/Winds of Change/California Feelin.

~post of the century~
-Mikie

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 ... 286 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx