gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680783 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 02:01:48 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 192 193 194 [195] 196 197 198 199 200 ... 286 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thread for various insignificant questions that don't deserve their own thread!  (Read 1408812 times)
bluesno1fann
« Reply #4850 on: May 02, 2014, 05:44:23 PM »

Just reading some classifieds from a Dec 95 ESQ, someone was looking for a vinyl release of the Good Vibrations boxset....does a vinyl release exist?

Also, they mentioned an Australian LP of Still Crusin' with the Spanish version of Kokomo, does that LP exist as well?

Indeed, I believe only the Aussie's got the 'Spanish' version on Still Cruisin'......

strange addition really, however I'm glad it's on there...... I actually prefer the 'spanish' version over the English...

RickB

Lucky, aren't we!

In all seriousness, I do too. At least it's got Brian vocals, which would've sounded great on the standard version.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #4851 on: May 03, 2014, 05:34:38 AM »

Quick Question, did the 2008 documentary Dennis Wilson: The Real Beach Boy ever come out on DVD? There's a guy on Facebook insisting he bought it on DVD. But as far as I knew, it was only on tv and not manufactured for home entertainment. If it is on DVD, why haven't I heard anyone talking about it and where can I get a copy?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #4852 on: May 03, 2014, 05:41:27 AM »

Quick Question, did the 2008 documentary Dennis Wilson: The Real Beach Boy ever come out on DVD? There's a guy on Facebook insisting he bought it on DVD. But as far as I knew, it was only on tv and not manufactured for home entertainment. If it is on DVD, why haven't I heard anyone talking about it and where can I get a copy?
Nope, no DVD release for that BBC doc. I burnt/saved a custom DVD copy for myself. Maybe that guy did the same. No official release, though.

Considering how good the documentary actually is, there should be an official release someday. Maybe BBC doesn't do that for those BBC Four productions? There is a great EELS / Mark Oliver Everett doc by BBC Four as well - Parallel Worlds, Parallel Lives. No DVD release for that, either.
Orange Crate Art
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4853 on: May 03, 2014, 05:42:12 AM »

Maybe he's confusing it for the Dennis Wilson Forever DVD from 2007?

Hey did you hear that George fell into his French horn?
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4854 on: May 03, 2014, 06:35:00 AM »

yeah I have the 'forever' dvd....... that was a real press, in a low key way....

but 'the real beach boy' NO.......

that SHOULD be made  to be official..... its a magic doco......  the only copy I have is what was uploaded to youtube....

RickB
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4855 on: May 03, 2014, 08:57:28 AM »

I had found this later: http://www.ioffer.com/i/dennis-wilson-the-real-beach-boy-documentary-dvd-rare-158106877
and asked him if it was this that he owned and he said yes. Looks like a boot to me.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #4856 on: May 03, 2014, 09:04:59 AM »

I had found this later: http://www.ioffer.com/i/dennis-wilson-the-real-beach-boy-documentary-dvd-rare-158106877
and asked him if it was this that he owned and he said yes. Looks like a boot to me.
Yeah it is a boot - it even has the book cover. LOL
halblaineisgood
« Reply #4857 on: May 03, 2014, 09:13:26 AM »

« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 09:46:15 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #4858 on: May 03, 2014, 09:19:34 AM »

Found the iOffer site a few days ago. The amount of, erm, stuff available there and nowhere else (outside of torrent sites) is breathtaking. And no doubt very frustrating for some who earn an honest living on the legit side of the fence…

“We live in divisive times.”
Mayoman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4859 on: May 03, 2014, 05:25:46 PM »

« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 12:59:07 PM by Mayoman » Logged
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4860 on: May 04, 2014, 12:48:41 PM »

The song that Eric Carmen released on his Essential Eric Carmen called Brand New Year (the song was on 45 for RSD as well) has credits for Darien S And Nick Walusko and I want to say Jeff Foskett was involved one some way too, but I'm not sure.
My question is- was Brian involved in this recording? I coulda sworn I saw a video of them working on it, maybe it was just Eric and some of the Wondermints or others in Brian's band, it was late last year when I saw the video I think.

Here's a link to the song (not that particular video I mentioned):
http://youtu.be/LQLw7F01lgI

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4861 on: May 04, 2014, 02:04:47 PM »

No Brian - just the 'Mints & Jeff.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4862 on: May 04, 2014, 03:45:21 PM »

so whatever happened to 'the wondermints'Huh

even their official site is gone now.....

I dig this band and have all the albums........ I know they all work on different projects at times....

are they finished up or what?

RickB
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #4863 on: May 05, 2014, 12:12:19 AM »

so whatever happened to 'the wondermints'Huh

even their official site is gone now.....

I dig this band and have all the albums........ I know they all work on different projects at times....

are they finished up or what?

RickB
A couple of years ago they said they aren't finished but on 'creative hiatus', or something like that. Like you said, all of them have multiple projects they're working on. Shame I can't find my source fot this.. it was an interview on YouTube (featuring Walusko and Sahanaja, at least). I hope I remember this right but - as far as I know - the band theoretically still exists. Who knows, maybe one day...
Gabo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4864 on: May 06, 2014, 02:37:06 AM »

so River Song is sort of a nod to Old Man River?
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4865 on: May 06, 2014, 07:56:38 AM »

No.

Next question.  Old Man

RiC
Smiley Smile Associate

One and Only

View Profile
« Reply #4866 on: May 06, 2014, 08:02:50 AM »

No.

Next question.  Old Man
I know you hear this a lot, but I thought for ages that you are Jeff Bridges.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #4867 on: May 06, 2014, 11:54:34 AM »

No.

Next question.  Old Man

Yeah, and I'm Tom Cruise…   LOL

“We live in divisive times.”
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4868 on: May 06, 2014, 12:56:59 PM »

No.

Next question.  Old Man

Not as much as Jeff keeps being asked "You're AGD, right ? I have a Beach Boys question...".

« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 01:09:32 PM by The Legendary AGD » Logged

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4869 on: May 06, 2014, 12:59:15 PM »

Good one..... LOL LOL LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4870 on: May 06, 2014, 03:17:17 PM »

Does anybody have any idea what's being whispered/who's whispering at about :20 in "California Girls"?
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #4871 on: May 06, 2014, 03:28:58 PM »

Does anybody have any idea what's being whispered/who's whispering at about :20 in "California Girls"?
Whispering?

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #4872 on: May 06, 2014, 03:35:37 PM »

Brian says: has anybody seen  bubbly waves in the bathtub when I fart? 

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4873 on: May 06, 2014, 11:47:09 PM »

www.surfermoon.com has always been my source for finding out who says what or what noise is made at what time of the song in the site's song archive, it's really quite an amazing source really.

It's been one of my favorite sites since becoming a beach boys fan, way back when it was Cabinessence.com

~post of the century~
-Mikie

punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4874 on: May 08, 2014, 02:02:00 AM »

Was Spirit of America ever played live? I feel like Brian played it at a live show or Mike and Bruce have played it but I can't remember.

~post of the century~
-Mikie

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 192 193 194 [195] 196 197 198 199 200 ... 286 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx