gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 06:38:18 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: www.beachboys45.nl  (Read 89721 times)
TOKENSURFER
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: June 02, 2009, 10:41:59 PM »

OK SMILE I MISSPOKE AGAIN.  LET'S SEE THIS IS HOW I SHOULD HAVE PUT IT DOWN.
ORANGE TARGET SLEEVE CAP DOME
RED & WHITE TARGET INTENDED

GREEN SLEEVE
AVOCADO INTENDED

ORANGE CAP C
TAN BROWN INTENDED

GLOSSY PLAIN WHITE SLEEVE
SOME BROWN TAN CAP DOME

I HOPE THAT CLEARS IT UP.  I'M A BIT RUSTY AND I HAVEN'T DONE THIS SORTA THING IN YEARS. SO FORGIVE ME  AT LEAST YOU'RE KEEPING ME ON MY TOES.  IT'S AN EXPRESSION KEEPING ME SHARP. SMILE JUST IN CASE.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 03, 2009, 02:23:24 AM »

Thanks Token, I'll correct it on the website.

I assume you're making less mistakes then I am at the moment (after all, you're (one of the) pro ('s), I'm still a learner...)

SMILE JUST IN CASE.

Smiley   Smiley   Smiley

Grin

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
TOKENSURFER
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 03, 2009, 11:21:59 PM »

SMILE HOLLAND. CHECK DOGBONE 'S LIST SLEEVE LIST. HE MENTIONS
BLACK GLOSSY SLEEVE.-RNBW
PLAIN GREY-PURPLE
BUT MINE  CAME IN THIS MANNER
5 RNBW STARLINE 45'S- ALL PLAIN GREY.
11 PURPLE STARLINES-PLAIN BLACK GLOSSY SLEEVE'PLAIN GREY/MOTTLED SILVER
3 DIFFERENT SLEEVES BOUGHT BRAND NEW FROM DIFFERENT STORES.
BACK TO THE ORANGE CAP C SLEEVE IT WAS MEANT FOR THE TAN BROWN CAP C. BUT THAT'S NOT TO SAY THERE WEREN'T EXTRA THAT WERE DISTRIBUTED TO THE TAN BROWN CAP DOME LABEL. ONCE THEY RAN OUT OF THOSE SLEEVES THEY JUST MADE PLAIN GLOSSY WHITE ONES OR THE REMAINDER TAN BROWN CAP DOME.  I CAN NOT MAKE IT ANY CLEARER THAN THAT.
I ONLY SAW THE BLUE WITH THE BLACK W/STARS SLEEVE.
TOKENSURFER
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 06, 2009, 12:44:04 AM »

THE RED &  WHITE IS ON MY FACEBOOK IT'S SEPARATE FROM THE STARLINE ISSUES UNDER RED & WHITE.  IT'S PRELIMINARY FOR NOW.  I HAVE IN MY ROOM  WITHOUT DOGBONE'S RADIO STATION STAMPS . SO I'LL POST THAT AND THE PENCIL THIN FONT IN MY ROOM GREEN SWIRL.  YEOMEN WORK ON THE RED & WHITE.
TOKENSURFER
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 11, 2009, 10:39:45 PM »

I TOOK A BIT OF A BREAK . GOOD JOB ON THE BROWN AVOCADO STARLINE AND RED & WHITE DOGBONE. I CLEANED UP THE ONES NEEDED CLEANING UP AND I WORKED ON THAT V ON GOOD VIBES YOU DID OK BUT THE V STOOD OUT TO MUCH I SOFTENED T  GAVE IT A LIGHTER COLOUR /COLOR AND BLURRED IT ENOUGH TO MATCH THE OTHER FONT. I HAVE THE IN MY ROOM GREEN PENCIL THIN FONT IS WHAT I CALL IT. AND THE OTHER TWO IN MY ROOM RED & WHITE . I REPLACED THE ONE WITH KCLH WITH MY OWN. I KNOW EXACTLY WHERE DOGBONE GOT THAT ONE. I HAVE A SIMILAR ONE TEN LITTLE INDIANS GREEN.  THERE'S STILL THE BLUE STARLINE AND THAT'S IT.   AND YES THAT RED & WHITE STARLINE IS AMAZING. I DO MATCH YOU ON THE BROWN STARLINE . I HAVE DESIGNATED MONO HELP ME RHONDA ND SURFIN USA ON THE BROWN.  I'M PUTTING THE BROWN UP NOW ON FACEBOOK. THE RED & WHITE WILL BE CONNECTED WITH THE OTHER STARLINE SOON.
Dogbone51
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 12, 2009, 02:04:14 PM »

Hey Everyone--

I'm still around, somehow.  Things are getting back to normal, and for those who know...I've scanned the Brown Starline C-Logo without the ARR notations, and these are soon to be posted on SMiLE Hollands website.  Looks like Token has them posted on his Facebook.  Glad to hear.

A few things:

First...Token..your comments about the "Sleeves".   I think it's fair to say, there were some sleeves definitely made up for a certain STARLINE release  (ie the Blue and White for the Green Swirl, and the Red and White Target type for the Brown Starlines).  But I think, at least from my experience..nothing was set in stone about what label would get what sleeve.  What I mean by this is simple.  It's my understanding, that Capitol Records would print up quite a few sleeves, and store them and use them as needed.  Sure, there might be a "new" design, time and again, and you may have found certain Label Variations with a certain sleeve for the most part.  But it's clear to me, that sometimes, when there was a supply of "older" sleeves, Capitol did in some cases, use them for the new releases, until this sleeve variation was exhausted.  I think, we all agree, that certains sleeves were "intended" for certain releases, but just because something came out in a sleeve which wasn't "possibly" intended for that Label variations, doesn't mean it's a "mistake".   So with this, to get caught up in what sleeve should be with what Starline label, is to me, a waste of time.  I think based on pure speculation, that I wouldn't find it difficult to say, that perhaps the Los Angeles Pressing Plant, had an over stock of sleeves from a previous label, and rather than throw them away, decided to use them until they were gone, and then went over to the new sleeve, which may have been printed to accomodate this new Label.  I, for one, am not concerned about the sleeves too much.  I know there are many types which exist, and I know I have many of my singles in different sleeves, as to what may have been intended for that STARLINE label, and this is how I bought them NEW..in other words, how they came. 

The second thing, I need to talk about.  The TAN vs AVOCADO vs Light GREY vs BROWN..etc..STARLINE labels.  It's clear that some of the labels are different shades.  It's also clear, that some are CLEARLY  tan, or avocado, or even grey in color.  I even have one release, where one side is clearly more Avocado, and the other side is clearly Tan.  SO?  What gives??  Token, I think it's your belief, that a whole set of Avocados exist and then Capitol redid everything in Tan.  Sure, this may be the case, but if it did happen, it seems like a lot of work to revamp a collection of re-issue records, to make all the labels look the same.  I don't think Capitol would bother, as these records stayed in print, to keep them available for those who still bought 7" Records.  Probably not really that profitable for Capitol, on one hand, and probably somewhat cheap to print them up again.  Anyway,  I think, their main concern would be to get the records out, and to make the songs available, regardless of the color of the labels.  You may disagree, and this is okay.  But I think it's more likely, that some of the colors are simply different variations of the paper stock and colors used to print the labels, rather than a whole new Label Color Variation.   And with this, in some cases, the paper stock may have been more Avocado, or more Tan....Again, we may never know for sure.  What we do know is that there are a number of color differences, and when I compare Token's Scans to my scans and to the few SMiLE has sent me as well, in a couple cases, I see three completely different colors on the exact same titles.  So?  Does this mean there are THREE different colors?  Probably not.  It means, that perhaps different pressing plants used slightly different paper stock, and the colors were different shades.  Anyway, when I send out the next batch of scans, it will include my Scans, Token's scans, and those which SMiLE sent, and some will clearly show three different shade variations on the colors, and admittedly, I may have them labeled as TAN (and they're acutally Avocado) and I may have some labeled AVOCADO (and they may be in fact Tan).   It's a confusing picture, and I'm glad we're all here to argue and discuss how we feel about the variations.   Take a look at the scans (almost ready to send out), and please make some comments.

I also have a few comments to Token's last post:

I TOOK A BIT OF A BREAK . GOOD JOB ON THE BROWN AVOCADO STARLINE AND RED & WHITE DOGBONE. I CLEANED UP THE ONES NEEDED CLEANING UP

I cleaned up the HMR/DYWD with the writing.  I didn't get around to doing it the night I scanned it.  SMiLE also sent another variation of that one.  It has the ARR notation to the LOWER RIGHT of the label.  Not on the bottom edge.  Wait until you see it!!

AND I WORKED ON THAT V ON GOOD VIBES YOU DID OK BUT THE V STOOD OUT TO MUCH I SOFTENED T  GAVE IT A LIGHTER COLOUR /COLOR AND BLURRED IT ENOUGH TO MATCH THE OTHER FONT.

Great. I don't have the software to do it.  The "V" was a combination of taking the NUMBER 7 from the 6107 off another label, and cutting it, copying it twice, flipping one, and rotating it around and pasting it, to make it into a "V".  Lots of work, and lots of hassle.  I'm surprised it came out better than I expected, and I look forward to seeing the "softened" look which you've added to it.  Super.  It probably looks totally real!

I HAVE THE IN MY ROOM GREEN PENCIL THIN FONT IS WHAT I CALL IT. AND THE OTHER TWO IN MY ROOM RED & WHITE . I REPLACED THE ONE WITH KCLH WITH MY OWN. I KNOW EXACTLY WHERE DOGBONE GOT THAT ONE. I HAVE A SIMILAR ONE TEN LITTLE INDIANS GREEN.  THERE'S STILL THE BLUE STARLINE AND THAT'S IT.   AND YES THAT RED & WHITE STARLINE IS AMAZING. I DO MATCH YOU ON THE BROWN STARLINE . I HAVE DESIGNATED MONO HELP ME RHONDA ND SURFIN USA ON THE BROWN.  I'M PUTTING THE BROWN UP NOW ON FACEBOOK. THE RED & WHITE WILL BE CONNECTED WITH THE OTHER STARLINE SOON.

If you have the IN MY ROOM Skinny Short font on the Green Swirl, forward it to SMiLE if you can, so he can post it on his website as well.  Glad you can replace the KCLH Red and White.  It's the only copy I have.  And I don't think I got it from where you think I did.  It was part of the Peter Reum collection many years ago...but it's been passed down..and passed around.  But you're close!  I would like to see the TEN LITTLE INDIANS one with the KCLH stamps...can you post a scan on here?   

Token--which Red and White STARLINE is "amazing" as you say?  Not sure I follow you??   And most of the Brown Starlines match, yes...but what do you mean about the "Designated MONO Help Me Rhonda and Surfin' USA on the Brown"...Do you mean you have the variations which say MONO on the label??   

And Token, what would it take for you to post in mixed text??  Reading everything in CAPITOL letters is a bit much sometimes.  Would it be too much to ask you to undo  your CAPS LOCKS key?  Not trying to offend you.   Just asking.

Thanks,

Dogbone
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 06:09:38 PM by Dogbone51 » Logged
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 13, 2009, 10:33:28 AM »

Went to a record fair today and bought a few Starlines as well... couldn't resist...  Grin

Back to the website:
The Tan-C labels are added. Thanks, dogbone and tokensurfer, for providing me these.

Check the Beach Boys Starlines website for the new additions.

I also added the BTTYS/IMR b-side you scanned, token.

O, and I had to add that Help Me Rhonda with ARR notation right-below (instead of bottom) as well. It's now listed under the ARR-section.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 12:58:12 PM by SMiLE-Holland » Logged

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 13, 2009, 12:59:54 PM »

As for the repaired GV single (6132):

This WAS the original:

And here's 3 attempts to improve the label:

dogbone's:                                                                                           

and tokensurfer's:

and mine:   
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 01:01:05 PM by SMiLE-Holland » Logged

Dogbone51
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 13, 2009, 03:27:25 PM »

Are we all completely mad or what?   LOL

SMiLE--I'm gonna try to clean yours up a little more.  If you look at my attempt, you'll see that i cleaned up the C-Logo as well.  So, maybe ONE more attempt?  It looks great!  Both you and Token did a great job!  Wish the actual copy was this clean.

Dogbone
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 14, 2009, 10:03:39 AM »

SMiLE--I'm gonna try to clean yours up a little more.  If you look at my attempt, you'll see that i cleaned up the C-Logo as well.  So, maybe ONE more attempt?  It looks great!  Both you and Token did a great job!  Wish the actual copy was this clean.

Another update. The C-tan label with "All Rights Reserved" notation is uploaded as well and can be found in the tan-label section of the Beach Boys Starlines website.

And I also used the new-and-improved 6132 GV tan-label, that dogbone made, and files under the first tan-C series.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 12:57:37 PM by SMiLE-Holland » Logged

zeke
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 14, 2009, 04:26:41 PM »

Hey all anyone heard of an all black capital, starline label ? I have one.....
Dogbone51
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 14, 2009, 10:48:19 PM »

I'm guessing if it's Beach Boys..it's BEST OF Vol 1...

There were a lot of different colors on the STARLINES--everything from Turquoise to Gold to Black...but NOT all colors were used with the Beach Boys.

Is yours a Beach Boys' release?  Feel free to scan and share it..if you like.

Dogbone
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 15, 2009, 12:19:05 AM »

I second that. If this is a Beach Boys release, we're always curious if there's another variation of label-colour around.

The Beach Boys Starlines website.
Thanks to dogbone, I was able to make another update: Tan-C with the DOME logo is also "completed".
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 01:00:45 PM by SMiLE-Holland » Logged

JeffRetro
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: June 15, 2009, 10:31:43 AM »

SMiLE-Holland, I think it was you in another thread that pointed out that there were two mono mixes for "Fun, Fun, Fun," which I had no idea about until your post.  But checking the GREATEST HITS, VOL. 1 and SURFER GIRL/SHUT DOWN, VOL. 2 CD's you are absolutely right.

I'm trying to find out which mix was on the original orange/yellow swirl label 45.  This may be a rare case in which Capitol sent the two different mixes to the two different pressing plants (L.A. and Scranton).  Motown in the mid to late 60's did this quite often, and all the different mixes appear in THE COMPLETE MOTOWN SINGLES CD collections.

Can someone who has both East and West Coast pressings of "Fun, Fun, Fun" listen to the solos and tell me if the guitar or organ is louder in the mix for each pressing?  This would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 15, 2009, 11:06:10 AM »

SMiLE-Holland, I think it was you in another thread that pointed out that there were two mono mixes for "Fun, Fun, Fun," which I had no idea about until your post.  But checking the GREATEST HITS, VOL. 1 and SURFER GIRL/SHUT DOWN, VOL. 2 CD's you are absolutely right.

I'm trying to find out which mix was on the original orange/yellow swirl label 45.  This may be a rare case in which Capitol sent the two different mixes to the two different pressing plants (L.A. and Scranton).  Motown in the mid to late 60's did this quite often, and all the different mixes appear in THE COMPLETE MOTOWN SINGLES CD collections.

Can someone who has both East and West Coast pressings of "Fun, Fun, Fun" listen to the solos and tell me if the guitar or organ is louder in the mix for each pressing?  This would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

Can't take the honour for that one as it wasn't me, but I did read it somewhere...

And I think I only have the west-coast pressing, so I can't compare, sorry.

Dogbone51
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 15, 2009, 11:55:38 AM »

Hey Jeff--

Welcome back.  I'm sure you have had a chance to take a look at the website, with all of the STARLINES...any comments etc??

I have multiple copies of the FUN FUN FUN on the Orange and Yellow Swirl.  At some point, I can get them together and take a listen to see if in fact the different pressings have different mixes.

But, forgive my ignorance..as I've not COMPLETELY savvy about WEST vs EAST coast pressing.

Can you give me some details (ie dead wax notations, label variations etc), which can help me determine WEST vs EAST coast copies??  If I have both, I'll give a listen, and let you know what I find out.

Feel free to drop me a message privately if you prefer.

Dogbone
Jason
« Reply #166 on: June 15, 2009, 12:58:48 PM »

I heard somewhere that there were several mixes of Fun Fun Fun made in '64 and many were put out accidentally. The big three we obviously know are the mono/stereo LP mixes and the mono 45, but there are definitely some other ones.
JeffRetro
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: June 15, 2009, 04:06:50 PM »

Hey Jeff--

Welcome back.  I'm sure you have had a chance to take a look at the website, with all of the STARLINES...any comments etc??

I have multiple copies of the FUN FUN FUN on the Orange and Yellow Swirl.  At some point, I can get them together and take a listen to see if in fact the different pressings have different mixes.

But, forgive my ignorance..as I've not COMPLETELY savvy about WEST vs EAST coast pressing.

Can you give me some details (ie dead wax notations, label variations etc), which can help me determine WEST vs EAST coast copies??  If I have both, I'll give a listen, and let you know what I find out.

Feel free to drop me a message privately if you prefer.

Dogbone

I've been watching everything all along; just haven't had anything to add.

The Starline Website looks great.  I can tell you that for the green swirl and target label sections all the tall fonts are Scranton pressings, while the short fonts are Los Angeles.  Also, Los Angeles pressings have a star-shaped graphic in the runout grooves (it actually looks more like a spread out asterisk), and the Scranton pressings have a triangle with the initial "IAM" inside.

TOKENSURFER's Facebook photo album on the orange/yellow swirl labels has examples of 4 different pressings, 2 L.A. (#73 and #75) and 2 Scranton (#74 and #76) pressings, with the difference being the composer credit ("Brian Wilson" vs. "Brian Wilson/Mike Love").

Hope this helps.  I was going to post the pictures here, but for some reason I'm unable to upload pictures.  SMiLE-Holland, can you fix that?
Dogbone51
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 15, 2009, 05:04:20 PM »

The Starline Website looks great.  I can tell you that for the green swirl and target label sections all the tall fonts are Scranton pressings, while the short fonts are Los Angeles.  Also, Los Angeles pressings have a star-shaped graphic in the runout grooves (it actually looks more like a spread out asterisk), and the Scranton pressings have a triangle with the initial "IAM" inside.

TOKENSURFER's Facebook photo album on the orange/yellow swirl labels has examples of 4 different pressings, 2 L.A. (#73 and #75) and 2 Scranton (#74 and #76) pressings, with the difference being the composer credit ("Brian Wilson" vs. "Brian Wilson/Mike Love").

Yes, I am aware of the info about the marks in the dead space.  I just haven't had a chance to really go through and look at everything.  I was going to do it, when everything was scanned and posted, and then with SMiLE's help, revise everything. 

As for the FUN FUN FUN....   Brian Wilson composer credit would be LA  and BW/ML is Scranton?  is this how I understand it?  Either way, I will look at the copies I have, and see if they're different, and then play them, and see if the mixes are in fact different as well.  We do agree, that we're talking about the MONO mixes...and NOT the Stereo mixes..which is obviously different, and has the shorter ending, as we all know.  Do we know if the MONO mixes on the LPs from LA and Scranton are different as well?

Dogbone
JeffRetro
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: June 15, 2009, 06:17:31 PM »

As for the FUN FUN FUN....   Brian Wilson composer credit would be LA  and BW/ML is Scranton?  is this how I understand it?  Either way, I will look at the copies I have, and see if they're different, and then play them, and see if the mixes are in fact different as well.  We do agree, that we're talking about the MONO mixes...and NOT the Stereo mixes..which is obviously different, and has the shorter ending, as we all know.  Do we know if the MONO mixes on the LPs from LA and Scranton are different as well?

No, actually there are both L.A. and Scranton pressings with both composer credits (for a total of 4 different pressings, 2 for each plant).  And, yes, I'm only talking about the longer mono mixes.  One mix (on the GREATEST HITS VOL. 1 CD) has the guitar in the solo mixed louder than the organ in the solo; the other mix (the "Single Version" on the SURFER GIRL/SHUT DOWN VOL. 2 two-fer CD) has the opposite, i.e. the organ is mixed louder than the guitar on the solo.

I don't know if the different plants received different mixes, just that two different mono mixes exist and that perhaps they went to the different plants.  It's also possible that two sets of metal parts were fabricated in L.A. with one set being sent to Scranton, which would obviously mean both plants were pressing the same mix.

One other thing, the L.A. pressings had the title on two lines, whereas the Scranton pressings had the title on a single line.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 06:18:45 PM by JeffRetro » Logged
Christian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 15, 2009, 11:26:15 PM »

There´s still a third east coast label variation:

facebook # 74 + # 76

I think you can identify the different mixes by the master number (45-51190, 45-51179) found under the catalogue number 5118.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 16, 2009, 12:05:52 AM »

Hope this helps.  I was going to post the pictures here, but for some reason I'm unable to upload pictures.  SMiLE-Holland, can you fix that?

Jeff, it happens that the upload-folder is full (I think that that's the message you got when trying to attach a file). I can resolve that problem by removing a few pictures from that folder, that would mean though that you'll see some pictures having disappeared.

In the meanwhile, I'd suggest you use a picture-upoad website, which I also recommended to tokensurfer a while back. This is how it works:

when you go to www.tinypic.com this should do the work:

1. use the "browse"-button to search for the picture-file you'd like to upload  (as an example I took the Help Me Ronda pic token recently uploaded)
2. click on the green "upload now" / "nu uploaden" button.
3. when the upload is done (goes very quick), you'll receive a few links
   - HTML for websites
   - Image code (IMG) for forums
   - URL for e-mail etc.
   - a direct link for lay-outs

4. Use the image code in this case it is [ IMG] http://i44.tinypic.com/osri2c.jpg [/IMG]

5. and voila, should get this picture (see below) as a result.

I hope this works for you. It does give you the opportunity to upload bigger pictures than a direct attachment on this board (with a max of 128kb).

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 16, 2009, 12:12:02 AM »

Yes, I am aware of the info about the marks in the dead space.  I just haven't had a chance to really go through and look at everything.  I was going to do it, when everything was scanned and posted, and then with SMiLE's help, revise everything. 

Ah, yes, the marks in the run-out grooves. It would be great if we were able to make scans of those. Wll be a bit more difficult than the regular scans of the labels, but it would be a good method to explain exactly what the differences are. We'll get back on that later when we've finished the label-scans.

TOKENSURFER
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 16, 2009, 01:24:17 AM »

TIMEOUT EVERYONE.  I NOTICED ON GOOD VIBES SMILE CHEATED(I'M SAYING IT IN GOOD NATURED FUN) AND CHANGED THE COLOUR/COLOR SCHEME ON GOOD TO MATCH THE V. HE MADE THE GOOD  DARKER. I USED THE GOOD AND SAMPLED THE COLOR OFF OF THAT WITHOUT CHANGING THE GOOD.  BUT SMILE MADE IT MATCH  WELL BUT A LITTLE TOO PERFECT IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.  YOU NEED  SOMEHTING INBETWEEN MINE AND SMILE'S AND KEEP THE GOOD THE SAME LIGHTER COLOUR.  BUT  THAT'S JUST THE WAY I SEE IT. OUR EYES SEE  THE VARYING  COLOURS/COLORS.SLIGHTLY DIFFERENTLY AS WELL.  I SPELL IT BOTH WAYS SO OUR AMERICAN COUNTERPART CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT WE'RE SAYING.   JUST KIDDING.   MY SCANNER HAS THE ABILITY TO SCAN THE LABEL IN TWO DIFFERENT SHADES OF THAT COLOR. AND I CHOOSE WHICH ONE COMES THE CLOSEST.

Token--which Red and White STARLINE is "amazing" as you say?  Not sure I follow you??   And most of the Brown Starlines match, yes...but what do you mean about the "Designated MONO Help Me Rhonda and Surfin' USA on the Brown"...Do you mean you have the variations which say MONO on the label??   

I CAN'T FIGURE OUT THE QUOTATIONS YET..  BTW IT'S EASIER FOR ME TO READ THE CAPITAL LETTERS THAN THE SMALL FONT.  I MEANT IN GENERAL THE RED & WHITE  THE QUANTITY AND VARIATIONS ARE AMAZING I WASN'T THERE IN THE STATES WHEN THOSE CAME OUT , SO I'M REALLY IMPRESSED .  AND IF YOU KNEW MY COLLECTION I DON'T GET TOO EXCITED ANYMORE. I PRETTY MUCH HAVE SEEN IT ALL .  I WAS THERE INITIALLY IN JAN. 75 UNTIL MAY 75 THEN CAME BACK TO THE STATES IN THE SUMMER OF 77. SO I'M VERY FAMILIAR WITH THE BROWN AND THE BLUE. I HAVE THE  MONO ON THE BROWN  YES I DO. IN FACT FUN FUN IS ALSO MONO AND LITTLE HONDA 6259 IS STEREO DESIGNATED. IT'S ON FACEBOOK
WELL DOGBONE AND SMILE  I DON'T THINK  THE SLEEVES IS A WASTE OF TIME . IT'S A CURIOSITY FACTOR . MY THEORY IS  WHY CREATE A GREEN TARGET SLEEVE LIKE THE RED & WHITE TARGET SLEEVE. UNLESS YOU MADE SOME AVOCADO LABELS TO START WITH FROM EVERY PLANT .  IF THEY WERE JUST INCIDENTAL SHADES OF COLOUR(NOT DONE ON PURPOSE) THEN WHY CREATE  A GREEN TARGET SLEEVE.  BY USING DOGBONE'S THEORY WHY WOULD CAPITOL BOTHER  THEY WERE TOO CHEAP  TO GO TO THAT EXPENSE.  BUT THEY STILL MADE GREEN SLEEVES ANYWAY AND WHY GO TO THAT EXPENSE UNLESS  MAYBE TO USE THEM ON THE AVOCADO LABELS . FOOD FOR THOUGHT . IT'S AN EXPRESSION SMILE MEANING SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT.
BY 1970 THERE WERE ONLY 3 PLANTS .  L A  ILLINOIS VIRGINIA. SCRANTON PA WAS DEFUNCT IN 70.   THE OTHER  3 PLANTS WERE STILL KICKING IN 75.   
I DID THIS MESSAGE  2 DAYS AGO AND SAVED IT. NOW SMILE IS THERE ANY FLIPSIDES THAT I NEED TO DO THAT DOGBONE OR YOU DON'T HAVE AT THIS POINT.  I HAVE TO TAKE A LOOK AT YOUR SITE.  I HAVEN'T YET. I'VE BEEN BUSY  DOING SUMMER STUFF. I WILL RIGHT NOW IN FACT. BANGUP JOB  DOGBONE.  I TRIED  TO HELP OUT.  IF THERE'S A QUESTION I FORGOT  TO ANSWER I'LL RESPOND TO YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE .  YOU SURPRISED  ME WITH ALL THE CAP DOME BROWN.  I GUESS I DON'T MATCH YOU  ON THE BROWN EITHER. TOKEN
TOKENSURFER
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 16, 2009, 01:32:46 AM »

TEN LITTLE INDIANS ALL POPPED IT UP SHORTLY DOGBONE WITH KLCH.  AT LEAST I HAD A FEW TOKEN OFFERINGS TO ADD TO THE STARLINE LIST.  GET IT ME  BEING.TOKEN   AND TOKEN OFFERINGS.  YOU HAD TO BE IN MY MIND TO REALISE HOW FUNNY THAT WAS.  THEN AGAIN JUST AS WELL YOU'RE NOT. LATER YEAH  I''LL BE THERE SMILE AND CHECK IT OUT
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx