gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 02:41:40 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pro Shot Beach Boys Concerts  (Read 262489 times)
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: September 06, 2012, 09:42:42 AM »

Thanks Ian ! I've updated the list including a link to Reagan's intro speech at the White House show but mentioned that it's not sure if the show was filmed.
It's frustrating that Badman's book is so full of errors.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: September 06, 2012, 01:54:31 PM »

STE posted this in the media section!

Beach Boys live in '83 with Dennis and without Mike!  
Al sings California Girls.

http://youtu.be/dbQZkKzV4O0?t=6m17s

It's probably the show from June 16th 1983 as the reporter mentions Erie.
Now the question: Do you think this was completely filmed? Or at least some complete songs? The sound seems more like it was just for the TV station
Dennis looks like a mess... Sad
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 01:59:06 PM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 06, 2012, 06:13:54 PM »

Yes that was the June 16 1983 show-Mike missed a bunch of shows on that tour with strep.  They mention how the BBs just played the White House (June 12)
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 06, 2012, 10:05:07 PM »

That was great.  Grin The quality of that clip was really good. I hope the whole show exists somewhere.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 06, 2012, 10:10:24 PM »

What on earth is Dennis doing? His arm movements sure don't match up with the song.

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 07, 2012, 04:53:42 AM »

I think some of it is footage of a different song.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: September 08, 2012, 02:15:36 PM »

So, does anybody know about this one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GSLclEJ0IAQ#t=69s
It's from May 28th 1978 in Oakland. I've put it on the list but I don't know how much was filmed or if these short snippets are everything that was.

- Jack Rieley
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 08, 2012, 10:59:58 PM »

Now the question: Do you think this was completely filmed? Or at least some complete songs? The sound seems more like it was just for the TV station

I like how Bruce is still mostly clapping and adjusting his mic stand some 30 years ago.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: September 09, 2012, 01:31:37 PM »

The "It's About Time" video from Central Park from like 1971 has Bruce clapping too.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: September 10, 2012, 01:45:19 PM »

Ok, I updated the list a bit. I added the Jimmy Fallon show (although this was no concert just like the Good Morning America appearance I think these kind of performances are ok for the list), the 2012 show in Woodlands, TX (parts of it are in the Beach Boys 60 Minutes video) and a video link for the St. Augustine show taken from the new trailer for the Greatest Hits. Unfortunately I couldn't find the footage on youtube from the PBS special or the Charlie Rose interview in good quality.

I know that probably most of the 2012 shows were filmed but before I put them on the list I'd like to have it verfied so if any of you can say with 100% certainty that a certain show was filmed please do so

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: September 19, 2012, 12:06:16 PM »

I added the Grammy Museum show. When we'll see videos on the net I will add the link.

I like how Bruce is still mostly clapping and adjusting his mic stand some 30 years ago.

As Aegir pointed out in the media section, there's more footage in that clip. Starting at approximately 2:58 mins
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 12:25:22 PM by Rocker » Logged

- Jack Rieley
BergenWhitesMoustache
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 19, 2012, 01:52:06 PM »

I thought he looked okay! Not as bad as the show from later in the year that's circulating where he croaks out 'you are so beautiful'

Love the way you can just hear him go 'who are you?' on the clip before they duck the audio Wink
slp22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 19, 2012, 05:13:55 PM »

So, the Costa mesa 83 show is circulating in its entirety? Nice. I'd love to be able to obtain a copy anyway possible. This is news to me. Hope it becomes more widely available

« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 05:21:28 PM by slp22 » Logged
slp22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 19, 2012, 05:23:46 PM »

I thought he looked okay! Not as bad as the show from later in the year that's circulating where he croaks out 'you are so beautiful'

So, the Costa mesa 83 show is circulating in its entirety? Nice. I'd love to be able to obtain a copy anyway possible. This is news to me. Hope it becomes more widely available

« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 05:28:43 PM by slp22 » Logged
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 20, 2012, 12:01:48 AM »

I think he meant that the clip of You Are So Beautiful is circulating. Unless the whole thing just recently leaked out. But if it did, we probably would have read about it on here by now.

BergenWhitesMoustache
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 20, 2012, 04:05:29 AM »

I think he meant that the clip of You Are So Beautiful is circulating. Unless the whole thing just recently leaked out. But if it did, we probably would have read about it on here by now.

ah, right, my mistake. I thought that was from seattle or something
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: September 20, 2012, 04:06:26 AM »

I'd love to see that too. But I don't think it's circulating. Just the "You are so beautiful" part and some seconds of Brian doing "It's just a matter of time" (see the link on the list in the first thread for the latter)

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: September 26, 2012, 12:42:54 PM »

I've decided to also include some appearances on TV shows that have kinda a concert-feeling to them, therefor the '64 Ready Steady Go!-performance is now included as well as Later...With Jools Holland. Speaking of the latter, does anyone have the exact date for Brian's May appearance in 2011 on Jools Holland?

EDIT:
I think I've found out it was May 13th. But please correct me if I'm wrong
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 12:45:10 PM by Rocker » Logged

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: September 28, 2012, 06:31:36 AM »

From An American Band:
Obviously sound and footage don't fit together. But where is the footage from? Is it June 18th, 1969? And what about the audio?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF6rklSaeSg

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: October 21, 2012, 01:15:57 PM »

Thanks to Christoph I could add a link to footage from July 4th 1995

- Jack Rieley
metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: October 21, 2012, 11:48:00 PM »

From An American Band:
Obviously sound and footage don't fit together. But where is the footage from? Is it June 18th, 1969? And what about the audio?

The footage is from their appearance at Lucerna Hall in Prague, June 17, 1969. AFAIK, silent footage.

http://www.esquarterly.com/bellagio/gigs69.html

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: October 22, 2012, 07:21:52 AM »

From An American Band:

The footage is from their appearance at Lucerna Hall in Prague, June 17, 1969. AFAIK, silent footage.

http://www.esquarterly.com/bellagio/gigs69.html

Thanks! I added it to the list with a remark that it may be not more than some excerpts without sound.

- Jack Rieley
DisneySpirit
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 13, 2013, 10:03:14 AM »

Not to be picky but the Mesa Amphitheater is in Mesa, AZ not Gilbert, AZ Roll Eyes
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: April 13, 2013, 01:07:34 PM »

Not to be picky but the Mesa Amphitheater is in Mesa, AZ not Gilbert, AZ Roll Eyes

I got it that way from AGD's site. If you're sure about it, I'll gladly change it.

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: April 21, 2013, 01:56:55 PM »

So, anyone got more info about that?

- Jack Rieley
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 22 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx