gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680814 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 06:21:03 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vol. 2 Anthology Final date: May 1, 2006  (Read 51534 times)
b.dfzo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 09, 2006, 12:19:09 PM »

Wow...I see what you mean.  The backing track sounds totally different without your vocals.

I'll be posting an MP3 of the vocals I've recorded for Old Master Painter's "Susie Cincinnati" as soon as I can upload it...I quoted a couple things in the background, namely the theme from "WKRP" and a variation on something heard often on a Cincinnati AM station, 700 WLW..."We don't, we don't, we don't mess around!"

...And any caller who doesn't adhere to that motto, will be blotto!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 12:26:49 PM by idigworms » Logged
Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: March 09, 2006, 01:18:04 PM »

Here's an .mp3 snippet with my lead overdub to idigworms and some added percussion sound to the background. here's just a sample.

http://s53.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0D1TE3FHKNAB70CQR81IRT3HK2

sounds better with just the backing vocals, hahah

Moon shines bright, asleep in my bed, like so many people got a big day ahead of me
b.dfzo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 09, 2006, 01:44:12 PM »

Here it is:

http://s58.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0BSYDZT8RAY0V2TNW1DKUJGG3B

I REALLY surprised myself here, by singing from low E (Which isn't that low...I think it's the lowest note the average male can sing) and a high B (in other words, 6 semi-tones higher than Brian's high F on "Surf's Up".)
Ken.W
Honored Guest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: March 09, 2006, 03:44:00 PM »

Here's an .mp3 snippet with my lead overdub to idigworms and some added percussion sound to the background. here's just a sample.

http://s53.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0D1TE3FHKNAB70CQR81IRT3HK2

sounds better with just the backing vocals, hahah

That's GREAT! I love the feel of it Cool

"You're entitled to protect your copyright. You're not entitled to control the Internet," - Federal Court Justice Murray Wilcox
Ken.W
Honored Guest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: March 09, 2006, 03:48:01 PM »

Here it is:

http://s58.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0BSYDZT8RAY0V2TNW1DKUJGG3B

I REALLY surprised myself here, by singing from low E (Which isn't that low...I think it's the lowest note the average male can sing) and a high B (in other words, 6 semi-tones higher than Brian's high F on "Surf's Up".)

Listening to it right now .. LOVE IT!! I hear what you mean about the high bit ( .. especially around the 2:00 mark) .. that's high!!!

This is going to be an amazing disc!!

"You're entitled to protect your copyright. You're not entitled to control the Internet," - Federal Court Justice Murray Wilcox
BarryDavidThomson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 10, 2006, 02:06:02 AM »

WOW I love it, Smiley Smile feel to it, love it, well done. Afro
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 10, 2006, 02:45:47 AM »

That was awesome idigworms, vocals sound incredible!
b.dfzo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 10, 2006, 12:58:39 PM »

Thanx...now it's up to Old Master Painter and BarryDavidThomson to make it all sound "one"derful Smiley
Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: March 10, 2006, 01:24:11 PM »

that sounds like trouble....Hahaha  Afro

Moon shines bright, asleep in my bed, like so many people got a big day ahead of me
b.dfzo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 10, 2006, 02:13:48 PM »

Just gather some confidence, and belt out that lead vocal like never before! 
Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: March 11, 2006, 10:07:28 AM »

Vocals done now just waiting on Barry's instrumental track  Afro

Yes I will actually have something done this time!

ps: Barry if you read this, send me an IM

PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 13, 2006, 01:03:11 PM »

I'm just getting around to hearing 'day in the life of a tree', and it knocks me out. great sound. Love the production work, I'm even diggin this version more than the original...lovely job on this one, Ken

"Anytime I want to hear the Beach Boys, I put on a Brian Wilson CD"-Paul McClelland
Ken.W
Honored Guest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: March 13, 2006, 02:26:42 PM »

I'm just getting around to hearing 'day in the life of a tree', and it knocks me out. great sound. Love the production work, I'm even diggin this version more than the original...lovely job on this one, Ken

Thanks, PMcC!! It was a devil to deconstruct and make it work. I'm really glad you like it. The full version on Vol.2 is 3:29 Smokin

Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: March 13, 2006, 03:03:19 PM »

So if all fails with Susie Cincinnati (I screwed up and did vocals w/o a backing track) Barry has offered me to lay vocals for his "Then I Kissed Her" track for my submission for this project. So we will see what happens between now and the 1st. Really want to do SC though. If I end up doing "Then I Kissed Her", we'll do SC for Vol. 3 if there is one.

b.dfzo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 13, 2006, 03:29:05 PM »

So if all fails with Susie Cincinnati (I screwed up and did vocals w/o a backing track) Barry has offered me to lay vocals for his "Then I Kissed Her" track for my submission for this project. So we will see what happens between now and the 1st. Really want to do SC though. If I end up doing "Then I Kissed Her", we'll do SC for Vol. 3 if there is one.

How is it that you/we screwed up?  All that is needed for the backing track to work is to just play along with the BB original track as a "temp track"!  Let me know ASAP.
PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 14, 2006, 08:47:11 AM »

I wouldn't call that a 'screw-up'...I'd call it a vocal rehearsal until you get the instrumental track in your hands...

"Anytime I want to hear the Beach Boys, I put on a Brian Wilson CD"-Paul McClelland
BarryDavidThomson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 14, 2006, 10:32:53 AM »

Yeah your spot on Paul.

Anyway, Ive sent oldmasterpainter the first bit of the track. I had to take it up one key, so I hope thatlle be OK.

Sorry we couldnt play over the original as a backing, but thats pretty damn hard, when your trying to hear it over the drums etc.

Anyway, oldmasterpainters got it if you need it.

Cheers Cool
Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: March 14, 2006, 12:47:32 PM »

Barry you never cease to amaze me. That sounds incredible! Only thing missing is the harmonica (my fav part of the whole song hahah) But damn man, sounds fucking excellent. And the key change is fine shouldn't be a problem at all. I could probablly overdub a little tenor sax rock 'n roll style during that little bridge there before "She'll always pick you up" if you don't mind. Damn man, kudos to you and idigworms on this song haha, wow.

b.dfzo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 14, 2006, 03:54:57 PM »

so is it all going to fit together...Huh  i hope my vocals were not done in vain!!!  and i say that with a smile Smiley
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 05:31:30 PM by idigworms » Logged
Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: March 14, 2006, 06:16:17 PM »

hahah nah man, it'll all be  good don't worry man

Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: March 15, 2006, 08:13:05 AM »

Barry: After to listening it again you got the banjo in there like I suggested fucking great. Im going to work on my lead over this even though it's not the full thing yet.  Afro

PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 18, 2006, 04:27:51 AM »

Thanks for the note, wonderphil...Apr. 1st firm deadline, everybody.  (I think you will be getting a lot of cd's in during the last few days of March *ha*) I'm gonna fade "I'm Broke" down a little earlier, make it about 2:26 in length, and mail the Wav. to you..Paul McClelland

wind chime
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 22, 2006, 03:52:10 AM »

Help! Apr 1st is the postage date or received date? I'm almost done...been working on the same track for 7 weeks...made 35 different demos mixes and variations!!! I work slow....I will have to mail it...by this Friday or next Monday...

Watcher of the skies...watcher of all...
PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 22, 2006, 01:48:16 PM »

Whoa!  7 weeks, 35 different mixes and variations? I think I see a 'box set' in the future.....*ha*  (The wind chime sessions)

wind chime
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 22, 2006, 02:30:53 PM »

Honestly, I could make a box set with this track....it's just that I always find something to "fix" or make better and everytime I hear it needs some more tuning...I let it sit for 3 weeks just settling in my mind and now I think I've got the best version I can make....with the petty equipment I have....yet the song is so simple["Fall Breaks"]... those are sometimes the hardest ones to make interesting....

Here's a story, I did a demo in 1990 and in 1999 I added 2  more tracks..yes I'm SSSLLLOOOWWWWW>>>>>>

Heckereezeeezzz....

Watcher of the skies...watcher of all...
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx