gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 12:18:27 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson - 2017 Tour Thread (Pet Sounds - The Final Performances)  (Read 161281 times)
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2016, 02:06:20 PM »

Another show in Seattle.  I just went to one a couple of days ago and now a new one announced.  This is really crazy.  I hope he is still going to work on the new album.
I can't see the new album being a priority for Brian's people. The albums don't sell, the concerts do. Brian will be touring for a long time to come; instead of PS next year, though, they should be doing BWPS.
Maybe they'll release Pet Sounds Live 2
Brian Wilson's Pet Sounds  Grin
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2016, 08:49:56 PM »

Perhaps this is jumping the gun a bit, but The Zombies just announced a 50th Anniversary tour of Odyssey and Oracle in the US running through March & April, so I presume Darian will probably be out of the BW Band again on this new leg? Theoretically, he could do the shows in May, but it would seem to make more sense to just have one player for the whole run, especially if they brought back Debbie who seems to be fitting in beautifully.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2016, 09:18:59 PM »

Hmmm...that's a good question...

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2016, 01:00:52 PM »

Made some updates to the schedule on the top post. Pollstar shows second shows added in Austin and Hollywood, as well as additional shows in Oklahoma and Nevada. Trying to A/B the schedule to other sources to see if I'm missing anything. The BW website shows all of these additions except the second night in Hollywood.

Also, Pollstar shows the December show in Mexico is actually for 2016, not 2017, which of course make a thousand times more sense since he was already scheduled for a show in Mexico in December. So I've moved that date to the 2016 tour thread even though the BW website still shows it for 2017.

Pollstar also shows both the April 12 and 13 shows as taking place in Edmonton, so I'm not sure what's up with that.

Even weirder, the BW website has a *third* show at ACL Live in Austin listed for October 14th. The link goes to the May 14 show, so I'm guessing at the moment that it's incorrect.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 01:07:24 PM by HeyJude » Logged

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
pdas1996
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2016, 10:08:25 PM »

I got my tickets for Indianapolis in the mail today! Now hopefully my friend can go...
barsone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2016, 11:51:35 AM »

Perhaps this is jumping the gun a bit, but The Zombies just announced a 50th Anniversary tour of Odyssey and Oracle in the US running through March & April, so I presume Darian will probably be out of the BW Band again on this new leg? Theoretically, he could do the shows in May, but it would seem to make more sense to just have one player for the whole run, especially if they brought back Debbie who seems to be fitting in beautifully.

Here's a question I've not seen addressed regarding Rubber Souls above post.  The Wondermints go back a long time with Darian, Scott B, D'Amico and others.  Is there a chance that Darian and Scott are/were so close, that Scott's current situation, it has given Darian the impetus to move on to a post BW band life.  Band members come and go.  With Darian now doing his Disney/Zombie gigs, has he actually left the band and its just not been announced by Brian.  Just a thought and ALL supposition on my part.  I have ZERO insider knowledge.  Just thinking if Scott and Darian are extremely close, as much as he obviously loves the BW music and band mates, the Scott B situation may just be painful  enough that he felt it was time to move on.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2016, 11:54:22 AM »

Don't know, but he has had Disney committments in the past. I can't imagine the thing with Scott has been easy, though. That said, I do not have any first hand knowledge of this so in this case I'm merely speculating.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2016, 12:03:29 PM »

Here's a question I've not seen addressed regarding Rubber Souls above post.  The Wondermints go back a long time with Darian, Scott B, D'Amico and others.  Is there a chance that Darian and Scott are/were so close, that Scott's current situation, it has given Darian the impetus to move on to a post BW band life.  Band members come and go.  With Darian now doing his Disney/Zombie gigs, has he actually left the band and its just not been announced by Brian.  Just a thought and ALL supposition on my part.  I have ZERO insider knowledge.  Just thinking if Scott and Darian are extremely close, as much as he obviously loves the BW music and band mates, the Scott B situation may just be painful  enough that he felt it was time to move on.

I can't imagine this is the case, because Darian has played some shows this year. He did the first few legs back in March/April, and reappeared as recently as September to bridge the gap between Billy and Debbie Shair.

Billy having to leave, then a few shows with no replacement, then Darian coming back for a few shows, and then another replacement appearing sounds exactly like a scenario where Darian had other commitments, and essentially took time off from his other commitment to help the band out again until they could get another replacement up to speed.

The only anomaly I can think of is that Billy originally mentioned he was only filling in through a certain date (in June or July), but then kept on through September when he had to leave. I'm guessing Darian was planning on coming back in June or July, and whatever his other commitment is required more time.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2017, 06:56:29 AM »

Added a 6/15 Honolulu show to the top post schedule.

barsone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2017, 12:16:08 PM »

Nice to see HJ.  Adding new shows at the back end is nice to see.  Its going to be a nice surprise for some fans....taking a few weeks off from the late May shows and off to Hawaii.  Maybe it leads to another tour to the far east ??     All good !!!
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2017, 01:00:27 PM »

Yeah, I'm not sure if they'll fill in that gap before the Hawaii show, or do more dates afterwards, or if they really did just schedule a lone Hawaii show in June.

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2017, 07:22:36 AM »

This isn't central to your question/thought/fear, but Scott wasn't a Wondermint. He was from the Chicago cadre of musicians who originally hooked up with Brian for Imagination, whereas Wondermints were LA-based. It was Darian, Mike, Nick, and Probyn who were from that crowd.

Certainly not to say that they weren't close with Scott, because despite not being Wondermints together, obviously they toured and recorded together for nearly 20 years as BW Band. Just thought I'd clarify there.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
barsone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2017, 09:24:22 AM »

Thank you Captain, my error.  And I certainly hope to see and hear Darian again when Brian's band restarts the tour.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 09:26:16 AM by barsone » Logged
SMiLE
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2017, 09:08:12 PM »

Don't know, but he has had Disney committments in the past. I can't imagine the thing with Scott has been easy, though. That said, I do not have any first hand knowledge of this so in this case I'm merely speculating.
What happened to Scott? Never mind, I found out.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 09:55:35 PM by SMiLE » Logged
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2017, 06:05:56 AM »

Added a July 30 UK festival gig (Camp Bestival) to the top post schedule. It's billed as a PS show.

I'll separate the schedule out into legs/regions if or when more dates are announced.

KDS
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2017, 06:46:41 AM »

Thank you Captain, my error.  And I certainly hope to see and hear Darian again when Brian's band restarts the tour.

Of the two shows I saw last summer (one with Darian, one without), the whole band seemed to have a little something extra when Darian was on board. 
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2017, 08:22:18 AM »

Also added a March 18 date in Indio, CA that's up on Pollstar (and already for sale at the venue's website). Even though this show is only around seven weeks away, it's still not listed on Brian's website for some reason.

Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2017, 11:04:07 AM »

Looks like Brian's got a European tour going. I just saw a story listing him as a performer in the Bilbao BBK festival at Kobeta Mendi in Bilbao, Spain. The festival runs from July 4-6, but the story didn't say which day he's playing.

Edit: Adding link to story:
https://readdork.com/news/royal-blood-brian-wilson-and-explosions-in-the-sky-lead-the-latest-bilbao-bbk-live-announcement/
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 11:08:07 AM by Emdeeh » Logged
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2017, 12:48:05 PM »

Darian is on tour with The Zombies in March and April - if your show is after those months, maybe he'll be there!

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2017, 04:09:59 PM »

Of the two shows I saw last summer (one with Darian, one without), the whole band seemed to have a little something extra when Darian was on board. 
I really, really think Darian is fantastic--amazing talent and great presence on stage. But I have to admit that when I saw them this fall without him (or Scott, for that matter), they were still a fantastic band. I was surprised by how good, actually, considering those two key absences.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2017, 05:53:27 PM »

I really, really think Darian is fantastic--amazing talent and great presence on stage. But I have to admit that when I saw them this fall without him (or Scott, for that matter), they were still a fantastic band. I was surprised by how good, actually, considering those two key absences.

I saw the band with Billy, and with Darian. I agree 100%, the band was fantastic in both lineups. Credit to what a great band they really are that the musicians can step in when needed or when others are absent and still deliver the highest quality goods. I saw the Smile tour in Boston, it was the gig when Jeff Foskett got sick and could not perform the full show, and it was still a 5-star show all around that night. The other musicians stepped up and filled the necessary parts.

Due to geographical limitations, I wasn't able to see any shows with Debbie Shair and I wish I had. She is terrific, and I heard nothing but high praise from people who did see her play with Brian last year.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
KDS
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2017, 08:21:05 PM »

I think the band was still great both night, but it just seemed like their was an undescribable extra something with Darian. 
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2017, 07:04:10 AM »

Added another UK festival date to the schedule, Kendal Calling.

Scaroline No
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2017, 07:52:01 AM »

I love that he's playing these festivals. He really does have cred with the younger crowd. Gives me hope for humanity Smiley
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2017, 05:59:42 AM »

Added two more UK dates in August to the top post.

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 26 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx