gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681522 Posts in 27641 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 11, 2024, 12:10:31 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Evan Landy makes an appearance ...  (Read 46547 times)
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: June 05, 2015, 09:02:30 AM »

And he/they waited until the very weekend the film is being released to "set the record straight"? People reading this stuff aren't that naive. It's not about getting the total story in this case. The total absence of anything regarding the Landy team's efforts to change the will in this interview says it all. If getting the total story was the goal, surely that key point would have at least come up...but again, that wasn't the point and usually never is in these kinds of publications. If that fact had been written or asked in that article, anyone reading it would have immediately seen the bullshit apart from the physical health issues which were even more egregious.

In other words, ask the question about the doctor changing the will and every point or attempt to tell another side of the story that would follow would collapse. No matter how much of a positive spin you'd want to put on the story, some points are the nuclear bombs that wipe everything else off the map.

Here's a question... has Landy or anyone in the Landy camp ever been asked on record about the attempt to change the will? And that is a matter of public record, right? How and when did that information about the attempted will-changing come to light?

There's that awkwardly excruciating moment on the 20/20 Landy/Brian interview where Landy sorta clams up when he is vaguely accused of inappropriate activity, but I wonder if the will issue was ever specifically asked about. How could someone involved with Landy possibly reply to a query about that action?  

That's just the point, there is no reply and there couldn't be a reply because it's the nuclear bomb point that wipes everything else off the map. All the attempts to tell the other side of the story, "set the record straight", paint a more sympathetic picture of the whole scene and those involved...it all gets wiped out by that one issue. That's why it's not even hinted at in this article, if it were the whole article would be rendered useless and pointless. Or to use another word, it would read like bullshit.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 05, 2015, 09:04:26 AM »

John, you're certainly defending his talking to the fuckin' DAILY MAIL and want to hear more from this parasite. Howie is right.

You guys can go merrily on attacking me and trying to play moderator or CIA chief, it comes off as faintly ridiculous considering the subject matter... but Landy was scum and his son profited from his crimes... and abetted them.
Not one person here believes differently. I could care less if Evan ever spoke to anyone, but he did. Since he is not in jail and no charges were brought against him, he can talk to whomever he wants about it. If you really don't care to know what he has to say, then you don't read it.

As for you personally, I don't like you, plain & simple. You use sarcasm as your only means to communicate. John, nor anyone else should be addressed that way. Whether you agree or disagree with what is written, attacking the person is not not the way to handle it. You say you weren't doing that, but he and I at least saw it differently.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 05, 2015, 09:04:37 AM »

Somebody should screenshot Landy's face when Sawyer asks him the million dollar question. The guy was caught red handed on national TV!

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 05, 2015, 09:05:40 AM »

I think the BBs money machine as the real criminals in putting BW back with Landy. They had to get BW to make them money at all costs instead of taking him to a real doctor for help.

I think it's way too adventurous (and disrespectful) to guess any intention from his family other than Brian's well-being. That it was a mistake, and that Brian remained poorly treated and mis-diagnozed before and after Landy is no secret. It is also likely that if Brian had stayed healthy all his life, he would have been more productive musically. But to guess that his family came up with the easy way out in order to keep the money machine working is too simplistic and unfair.

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 05, 2015, 09:07:13 AM »

I think the BBs money machine as the real criminals in putting BW back with Landy. They had to get BW to make them money at all costs instead of taking him to a real doctor for help.

I am curious to know what lengths that Brian's family did (and didn't) do to get Brian to a real, actual doctor pre-Landy I or pre-Landy II. I know there was the other doctor who died in the rock-climbing accident, but not sure what other means they tried. Melinda mentioned on Larry King years ago how the family should have taken him to UCLA when they were literally only miles away; she's right, and I do wonder why that didn't actually happen. I would absolutely tend to think ignorance or naivete was the cause for that, as opposed to any greedy motives.
A fresh pair of eyes can take a different approach.  They look in all directions.  It  is why second opinions are now widely used, and in some cases, even required.  People tended to believe people who called themselves docs, even if not MD's.  

What is clear is that there were huge breaches in ethics on the psychologist's part.  In that era, less was known about treatment and families were desperate for care.  He talked a good game to be hired.  It is unwise to use a lens from 2015 to apply to a 1965 problem. It is like relying on cancer treatment from 1965 instead of 2015.

We go forward, not backwards.  
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 09:08:31 AM by filledeplage » Logged
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: June 05, 2015, 09:07:34 AM »

As for you personally, I don't like you, plain & simple. You use sarcasm as your only means to communicate. John, nor anyone else should be addressed that way. Whether you agree or disagree with what is written, attacking the person is not not the way to handle it. You say you weren't doing that, but he and I at least saw it differently.

Enough with the tedious baiting, doc. It doesn't suit you. If you can point out a personal attack I've made you can go right ahead and report it to the mods, otherwise stop pretending you have any sort of authority or standing to lecture me. It just seems like you're just piling on because you "don't like me, plain & simple." Newsflash: literally no one cares. Not even enough to respond similarly. You're not going to succeed in getting me remotely angry or saying anything that will get me banned, you know. Cheers and enjoy the movie this weekend, it's pretty neat.

It's a good time to be a Wilson fan, I dunno what all this wallowing in the muck is in aid of. Scores to settle, by the sound of it. NOW WHO ARE YOU?!!! WHAT'S YOUR REAL NAME! WHO ARE YOU WORKING FOR? YOU TOO! AND YOU OVER THERE! TELL ME WHO YOU ARE!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 09:17:44 AM by ontor pertawst » Logged
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 05, 2015, 09:09:14 AM »

Somebody should screenshot Landy's face when Sawyer asks him the million dollar question. The guy was caught red handed on national TV!

It is such, such an awkward kid-with-hands-in-the-cookie-jar moment for a guy who was pushing 60 at the time. What a yutz!!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 05, 2015, 09:10:58 AM »

Landy was not a ethical doctor by any decade's standards, the BBs were blinded by his "doctor to the stars" promo machine instead of doing real work to find a real doctor to help BW. Landy was just another creep in a long line of them from 1970s LA.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 05, 2015, 09:13:24 AM »

And he/they waited until the very weekend the film is being released to "set the record straight"? People reading this stuff aren't that naive. It's not about getting the total story in this case. The total absence of anything regarding the Landy team's efforts to change the will in this interview says it all. If getting the total story was the goal, surely that key point would have at least come up...but again, that wasn't the point and usually never is in these kinds of publications. If that fact had been written or asked in that article, anyone reading it would have immediately seen the bullshit apart from the physical health issues which were even more egregious.

In other words, ask the question about the doctor changing the will and every point or attempt to tell another side of the story that would follow would collapse. No matter how much of a positive spin you'd want to put on the story, some points are the nuclear bombs that wipe everything else off the map.

Here's a question... has Landy or anyone in the Landy camp ever been asked on record about the attempt to change the will? And that is a matter of public record, right? How and when did that information about the attempted will-changing come to light?

There's that awkwardly excruciating moment on the 20/20 Landy/Brian interview where Landy sorta clams up when he is vaguely accused of inappropriate activity, but I wonder if the will issue was ever specifically asked about. How could someone involved with Landy possibly reply to a query about that action?  

That's just the point, there is no reply and there couldn't be a reply because it's the nuclear bomb point that wipes everything else off the map. All the attempts to tell the other side of the story, "set the record straight", paint a more sympathetic picture of the whole scene and those involved...it all gets wiped out by that one issue. That's why it's not even hinted at in this article, if it were the whole article would be rendered useless and pointless. Or to use another word, it would read like bullshit.

Totally agreed. I would just like someone on Team Landy to be asked about the will in an official capacity, just to see their facial expression or to hear an "explanation", since it will only serve to bury their cause even further. Maybe the explanation would be that he did a very, very shitty thing, but that he still had some good intentions too. That's a tough, if not near-impossible idea to reconcile.

Sorry for repeating myself, but in case anyone knows, I'd be very curious to know when the will-change attempt actually happened on the Brian-Landy timeline, and when this info came to light, both publicly, as well as privately to the family. That incident seems to be specifically what helped get the courts to take action, right? Because it obviously wreaked of indefensible and absolutely illegal scumbaggery, as opposed to other Landy actions which could possibly have been "spun" in a more positive light in a court of law.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 09:15:07 AM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 05, 2015, 09:16:54 AM »

I am curious to know what lengths that Brian's family did (and didn't) do to get Brian to a real, actual doctor pre-Landy I or pre-Landy II. I know there was the other doctor who died in the rock-climbing accident, but not sure what other means they tried. Melinda mentioned on Larry King years ago how the family should have taken him to UCLA when they were literally only miles away; she's right, and I do wonder why that didn't actually happen. I would absolutely tend to think ignorance or naivete was the cause for that, as opposed to any greedy motives.

It was their unwillingness to face the problem and deal with it. Brian should have been committed in the early 80s by his family. Any number of decent rehab centers or psychiatric units could have dealt with Brian and treated him successfully.
 I always sigh whenever I read a 'only Landy could cure Brian' type comment. WTF? As horrific as Brian's issues were, they were still relatively moderate on the totum pole of mental illness. There are people out there with mental health problems waaaaaaaay beyond the scale of what Brian suffered/suffers.
That even a charlatan such as Landy could get Brian back to a relatively funtioning state in a matter of months just shows how treatable Brian's condition was.
That's the biggest tragedy of all this - how easily it could have been avoided.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 05, 2015, 09:21:03 AM »

Enough with the tedious baiting, doc. It doesn't suit you. If you can point out a personal attack I've made you can go right ahead and report it to the mods, otherwise stop pretending you have any sort of authority or standing to lecture me. It just seems like you're just piling on because you "don't like me, plain & simple." Newsflash: literally no one cares.
I ain't lecturing you, I'm telling you flat out that you are a sarcastic and you hide behind behind it at every opportunity so you can weasel your way out when people call you out. Well, now we know how we feel, eh? No piling on here. Just remember that your sarcasm brought this all on and nothing more. Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 05, 2015, 09:25:15 AM »

It was their unwillingness to face the problem and deal with it. Brian should have been committed in the early 80s by his family. 

Do you think it was just them being in denial that it was on the level of needing that type of full-on committing? It's tough to judge people for stuff like this, and I'm not trying to place blame, only to get a better understanding of the whole situation as best we can using common sense as outsiders, 35+ years on.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 05, 2015, 09:26:06 AM »

I think it's much more likely that the jurnos at the Mail didn't do their research and had no knowledge of the will issue, rather then them trying to deliberately paint a one sided picture. Certainly Evan wasn't going to bring it up unprompted......

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: June 05, 2015, 09:26:21 AM »

Weasels, rats, moles... any other critters you guys need to compare me to for thinking Landy was scum and his son is a douchebag for selling his story to literally THE WORST NEWSPAPER ON THE PLANET?

Nice try making it about me, tho.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 09:30:05 AM by ontor pertawst » Logged
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 05, 2015, 09:27:47 AM »

I remember back when Brian & Melinda were on Larry King, I think, and she said something that always stuck with me. She said she never understood why Brian was sent to Landy. That the best help for him was right there in L.A.. That some of the finest Psychiatric doctors and hospitals were right there. There where Brian is treated now. It does make you wonder why they sought out Landy, not once, but twice. In hindsight, it really makes you wonder what the reasoning was in choosing him over real medical doctors.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 09:35:45 AM by drbeachboy » Logged

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 05, 2015, 09:33:53 AM »

Weasels, rats, moles... any other critters you guys need to compare me to for thinking Landy was scum and his son is a douchebag for selling his story to literally THE WORST NEWSPAPER ON THE PLANET?
I think it was awful that someone may have paid him to do that, but they did. Not the point though. Let's say though, that if this movie really takes off and some journalist wants to pursue the story further, they are going to go to him to get that side of the story. I would be interested to see what he had to say. I doubt that I'd a believe a word of it, but I'm interested to see what possible spin he could put on the heinous things that happened.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 05, 2015, 09:37:48 AM »

One good thing that came from this is all the previously-unseen Brian photos.

This makes me wonder... what happened to the copious amounts of videos of Brian from this time? Wasn't everything filmed daily? There must be thousands of hours of footage. Not that this private footage should be seen by the public, but at the same time, from a historical perspective, I hope it wasn't just destroyed.
ForHerCryingSoul
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: June 05, 2015, 09:40:02 AM »

One good thing that came from this is all the previously-unseen Brian photos.

This makes me wonder... what happened to the copious amounts of videos of Brian from this time? Wasn't everything filmed daily? There must be thousands of hours of footage. Not that this private footage should be seen by the public, but at the same time, from a historical perspective, I hope it wasn't just destroyed.
We'd have to find all the former employees and ask where the cameras were set down.
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 05, 2015, 09:41:57 AM »

Landy was not a ethical doctor by any decade's standards, the BBs were blinded by his "doctor to the stars" promo machine instead of doing real work to find a real doctor to help BW. Landy was just another creep in a long line of them from 1970s LA.
Smile Brian - At that time, they did the best they could, in their defense. That is pretty blaming and judgmental on your part.  

Marilyn and the family/band did the best they could.  Back-in-the-day, people didn't question doctors, the way they do now. Melinda was in the right place at the right time, with a fresh perspective and great instincts to take-the-bull-by-the-horns, against a bully. I happen to think that God puts people in the exact place they need to be, at exactly the right time.

Those "Evan" photos tell an interesting tale.  One where doc Landy tried to substitute a real "family" with his "surrogates."

And, notwithstanding Brian's body of work, and the music story, a real public service message, to everyone will be, "to trust your instincts" if you think a family member is being exploited by a medical person, scream loudly and get your family member or friend out of a predator's clutches.  

When someone cuts off all family/friend contact; there is a big problem. Melinda trusted her gut.

That would be the power of Melinda Wilson, to extricate a vulnerable loved one from peril.

And the indirect public benefit of this film...Act in the face of a bully.  Wink
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 09:43:22 AM by filledeplage » Logged
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 05, 2015, 09:44:01 AM »

I just wanna say this: Landy was a criminal.

That’s a word that never seems to be used when discussing him, there’s “unorthodox,” “star-seeking,” and ”flawed” -- all true, but he was a criminal. And all the people who profited from Brian during that time with the free meals, the SIXTEEN (therapeutic?) trips to Hawaii, the housing, the cars, the tickets, the private planes, the salaries --- which I’m guessing probably included some type of insurance benefits, as well. . . .  are ALL CRIMINALS.

They all should've ended up in prison.

I’m not saying that the Landy folk aren’t as delusional as he was, I’m just saying they’re all criminals like he was. Look at Brian on The Tonight Show in ’84 -- which is when Landy should’ve begun stepping down and compare that to the Diane Sawyer interview. Evan Landy was aware of EVERYTHING. Make no mistake. These people around Landy perpetrated a decade-long crime.

And I'm pretty sure that if this doctor that loved Brian so much (are doctors supposed to "love" their clients?) hadn't made it near impossible to extricate Brian from his "practice," that far more serious charges would've been lobbied at Landy and his co-horts (who got off scot-free). I think freedom was primary motive at the time, but in 2015 the ending of Landy would've only been the beginning of countless fraud and malpractice suits that would've dragged on for a decade.

By the way, to end the ongoing argument about "revisionism," one could also say there are “two sides” to every rape, too.

Well said, Howie.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: June 05, 2015, 10:10:37 AM »

VDP responds to the heroin claim: "The Plot Thins. Diluted by delusion."
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: June 05, 2015, 10:24:01 AM »

Smile Brian - At that time, they did the best they could, in their defense. That is pretty blaming and judgmental on your part.  

Marilyn and the family/band did the best they could.  Back-in-the-day, people didn't question doctors, the way they do now. Melinda was in the right place at the right time, with a fresh perspective and great instincts to take-the-bull-by-the-horns, against a bully. I happen to think that God puts people in the exact place they need to be, at exactly the right time.

Those "Evan" photos tell an interesting tale.  One where doc Landy tried to substitute a real "family" with his "surrogates."

And, notwithstanding Brian's body of work, and the music story, a real public service message, to everyone will be, "to trust your instincts" if you think a family member is being exploited by a medical person, scream loudly and get your family member or friend out of a predator's clutches.  

When someone cuts off all family/friend contact; there is a big problem. Melinda trusted her gut.

That would be the power of Melinda Wilson, to extricate a vulnerable loved one from peril.

And the indirect public benefit of this film...Act in the face of a bully.  Wink

One thing in the timeline to consider - There were red flags being raised about Landy in 1988, prior to the first BW solo album being released. A state board in California that monitors and oversees medical practices and doctors filed formal charges against Landy stemming from complaints of a female patient who testified she had been drugged (cocaine, not prescription meds) and taken advantage of by Landy. Along with that, the California board who filed the charges alleged other misdeeds by Landy regarding a patient who was a multimillionaire rock star, mentioning also financial misdeeds and psychological control issues. Landy denied it, but in a deposition related to these claims, he did not answer directly and instead repeatedly plead the 5th, which as we all know is to avoid self-incrimination. So consider that a red flag or an outright dodge, either way the warning signs were there in 1988 in the California legal system.

It has been public knowledge about the will being discovered that would have shifted the bulk of Brian's estate to Landy and his interests effectively shutting out Brian's own family and heirs. There are interviews and articles just this week mentioning that. So at some point there seems to have been a lot of red flags being raised on several fronts, not to mention the fees Landy was charging and those little asides like writing himself into Brian's publishing and royalty payments.

So at any point a reporter or journalist taking notes on an interview would have more than enough knowledge to ask some of these questions if an article like the one above were being worked on for publication. And as already mentioned, the issue of the will alone if written in an article like this would render every other point useless because anyone with half an ounce of common sense would see the problems when a doctor starts changing the will of a patient to include that doctor and his family/associates in that estate. That no matter how you spin it is wrong on the most basic levels.

Maybe doctors weren't questioned or challenged as a societal thing but when a California medical oversight board and the courts got involved, that would seem to be a pretty big warning sign that something may need to be looked at a little more closely regarding his actions as a licensed professional being paid a very large fee to treat a patient.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 05, 2015, 10:30:09 AM »

Marilyn and the family/band did the best they could.  Back-in-the-day, people didn't question doctors, the way they do now. Melinda was in the right place at the right time, with a fresh perspective and great instincts to take-the-bull-by-the-horns, against a bully. I happen to think that God puts people in the exact place they need to be, at exactly the right time.

Those "Evan" photos tell an interesting tale.  One where doc Landy tried to substitute a real "family" with his "surrogates."

One thing in the timeline to consider - There were red flags being raised about Landy in 1988, prior to the first BW solo album being released. A state board in California that monitors and oversees medical practices and doctors filed formal charges against Landy stemming from complaints of a female patient who testified she had been drugged (cocaine, not prescription meds) and taken advantage of by Landy. Along with that, the California board who filed the charges alleged other misdeeds by Landy regarding a patient who was a multimillionaire rock star, mentioning also financial misdeeds and psychological control issues. Landy denied it, but in a deposition related to these claims, he did not answer directly and instead repeatedly plead the 5th, which as we all know is to avoid self-incrimination. So consider that a red flag or an outright dodge, either way the warning signs were there in 1988 in the California legal system.

It has been public knowledge about the will being discovered that would have shifted the bulk of Brian's estate to Landy and his interests effectively shutting out Brian's own family and heirs. There are interviews and articles just this week mentioning that. So at some point there seems to have been a lot of red flags being raised on several fronts, not to mention the fees Landy was charging and those little asides like writing himself into Brian's publishing and royalty payments.

So at any point a reporter or journalist taking notes on an interview would have more than enough knowledge to ask some of these questions if an article like the one above were being worked on for publication. And as already mentioned, the issue of the will alone if written in an article like this would render every other point useless because anyone with half an ounce of common sense would see the problems when a doctor starts changing the will of a patient to include that doctor and his family/associates in that estate. That no matter how you spin it is wrong on the most basic levels.

Maybe doctors weren't questioned or challenged as a societal thing but when a California medical oversight board and the courts got involved, that would seem to be a pretty big warning sign that something may need to be looked at a little more closely regarding his actions as a licensed professional being paid a very large fee to treat a patient.

That's exactly the kind of stuff the Daily Mail… well, a newspaper perhaps… should be putting to anyone from the Landy camp and others who were around when Landy was hired.

“We live in divisive times.”
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 05, 2015, 10:32:09 AM »

And the indirect public benefit of this film...Act in the face of a bully.  Wink

Great post, very informative. Amazing that Landy went on with Brian as along as he did. Thank you.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 05, 2015, 10:42:13 AM »

It does make you wonder why they sought out Landy, not once, but twice. In hindsight, it really makes you wonder what the reasoning was in choosing him over real medical doctors.

I think if Brian was examined by, as you describe, real medical doctors, there is a good chance he would've been admitted to a rehab facility or a psychiatric hospital, or both. I am in no way judging Brian's family because I didn't walk in their shoes, but I think that they just couldn't face Brian being institutionalized (for a lot of reasons), so they brought the hospital TO Brian.

The only thing that throws a monkey wrench into my theory is that Brian WAS institutionalized for brief periods of time (in 1968 and 1978), so why not in 1975 and 1982? Maybe he was much more seriously ill and would've required a much longer, intense stay, and they (his family) couldn't face that. Again, not judging them.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx