gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681511 Posts in 27640 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 10, 2024, 10:39:01 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Evan Landy makes an appearance ...  (Read 46540 times)
Seaside Woman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2015, 05:20:46 PM »

http://tinyurl.com/nbclpnb

Please feel free to leave comment in The Mail ...
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 05:22:35 PM by Musicergs » Logged

Caretaker in an aesthetic prison of my own dimension.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 05:22:23 PM »

Wow, well I called it. I just knew someone was gonna come out of the woodwork to defend Landy. It is his son, so it's more understandable.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 05:39:48 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 05:31:13 PM »

Revisionist history, my ass. He's just pissed off that his dear old dad is getting a well-deserved posthumous sh*t kicking.

LOL at some of those pictures. Landy-spawn looks like should be driving a brown windowless van engaged in highspeed chase with Chris Hansen.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 05:34:03 PM by ♩♬ Billy C ♯♫♩ » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 05:39:18 PM »

Who cares what he has to say, would you expect him to sh*t on his dad?
But yeah, LOTS of pictures. Worth having the article just for that.

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 05:40:07 PM »

While I can understand (while still disagreeing with most aspects of) Evan's point of view, I'd like to know how he would address the fact (it is a documented fact, right?) that Gene Landy tried to become the chief beneficiary of Brian's will. I'd like to know how Evan would say that the opportunist and scumbag label could NOT be applied to someone who did that.

Maybe his view is that such an action was simply one of Gene's admitted "flaws", but that many other things he did were not ill-intended. But the will topic was perhaps not-so-coincidentally completely overlooked in the article.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 05:42:12 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 05:57:43 PM »

While I can understand (while still disagreeing with most aspects of) Evan's point of view, I'd like to know how he would address the fact (it is a documented fact, right?) that Gene Landy tried to become the chief beneficiary of Brian's will. I'd like to know how Evan would say that the opportunist and scumbag label could NOT be applied to someone who did that.

Maybe his view is that such an action was simply one of Gene's admitted "flaws", but that many other things he did were not ill-intended. But the will topic was perhaps not-so-coincidentally completely overlooked in the article.

Exactly.

The funny part is... notice that current day picture of Evan has him wearing his hair in just about the same manner Brian does, with a very similar pose (and shirt).

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 06:25:16 PM »

He weirdly looks kind of like Brian.  Shocked

GoodVibrations33
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2015, 07:01:02 PM »

Well, at least we got some new photos for the picture thread!
Dudd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2015, 10:00:30 PM »

Aye, some fantastic pictures. This is the most eerily 60s I've ever seen 80s Brian...

Quote from: Brian Wilson
It’s going to be the greatest tribute album ever made.
Kurosawa
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2015, 10:06:40 PM »

Ask Gig Young and his wife how helpful Landy was. Or Maureen McCormick.

Member of the Anaheim Azusa and Cucamonga sewing circle book review and timing association (the double-ACASSN).
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2015, 10:18:37 PM »

Does he simply deny it happened? Does he believe whatever horseshit he was fed to explain that away? Imagine growing up Landy's son, this poor guy HAD to have been mindfucked six ways to sunday, what a bizarre man to grow up under the shadow of. He must have a lifetime of issues. But that will thing is epic scumbaggery: If you're reading this, Evan -- what about the will?

Actually, come to think of it: if you're reading this, maybe f*** off for a bit. You're only gonna dig a deeper hole. Lay low. Pretend you're named after Tandy computers.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 10:56:14 PM by ontor pertawst » Logged
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2015, 10:27:34 PM »

As I see all these 80's pics of Brian, I am reminded of how wrong Cusack is to play Brian. For one thing, he lacks Brian's great head of hair. I wish I had Brian's hair, but nature has cursed me with Cusack's receding hairline.
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2015, 10:34:53 PM »

Yeah, I thought so too before watching the film: but he does his homework and really delivers acting-wise. After a while you don't notice and certainly don't want a huge wig on him.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2015, 10:45:03 PM »

As I see all these 80's pics of Brian, I am reminded of how wrong Cusack is to play Brian. For one thing, he lacks Brian's great head of hair. I wish I had Brian's hair, but nature has cursed me with Cusack's receding hairline.

sh*t, I got cursed with Mike's hair!

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2015, 10:54:27 PM »

More bullshit timed to distract. Ignore it. Buy a ticket and watch the movie.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2015, 11:11:08 PM »

Has Evan Landy seen the film, or just the trailers? Whatever, I can fully understand though why a son sold defend his dad and have a different perspective … whether it is skewed of not, we have to consider that he was there throughout this period, and we - most of us at least, I'm assuming? - were not.

It occurs that Landy's own life would make for an amazing biopic.

I think that Evan Landy's voice deserves to be heard, but not through the Daily Mail, which is the sleaziest of British tabloids.

“We live in divisive times.”
Ray Lawlor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2015, 11:17:16 PM »

Has Evan Landy seen the film, or just the trailers? Whatever, I can fully understand though why a son sold defend his dad and have a different perspective … whether it is skewed of not, we have to consider that he was there throughout this period, and we - most of us at least, I'm assuming? - were not.

I think that Evan Landy's voice deserves to be heard, but not through the Daily Mail, which is the sleaziest of British tabloids.

Really ?  I think all of them can go to f...king hell where they belong.  You can quote me on that
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2015, 11:25:31 PM »

In a way, we got part of it with this film.

From *every* account aside from Evan and Alexandra Morgan....this film hits the nail on the head (and some have said the real thing was even worse).

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2015, 11:31:54 PM »

More bullshit timed to distract. Ignore it. Buy a ticket and watch the movie.

I'm buying 3, but gotta wait til payday next week. I go to the movies maybe once every couple of years (the last three movies I've seen in the theater were the Robocop remake, Despicable Me 2, and Terminator Salvation) but going to make an exception here.

18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2015, 11:32:24 PM »

Really ?  I think all of them can go to f...king hell where they belong.  You can quote me on that
A sentiment held by many Ray.

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2015, 11:32:46 PM »

How many different perspectives could there be worth hearing when an issue here involved writing a patient's family and estate out of that patient's will and trying to replace it with the doctor as beneficiary?

I mean, there reaches a point in basic human interaction where certain misbehavior and negligence stops being worthy of anything except contempt. I thought the Landy issue in general had reached that level universally until this board.

And the timing of this is about as transparent as saran wrap.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2015, 11:36:07 PM »

Another question I'd love to ask Evan...

what the deuce was up with your dear old dad drugging and then raping at least one of his other patients?

Ray Lawlor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2015, 11:42:16 PM »

I was " interrogated " three times by that f---ng charlatan. No quarter.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2015, 11:52:20 PM »

I was " interrogated " three times by that f---ng charlatan. No quarter.

Man, that must've sucked. How you kept from beating the living sh*t out of him, I'll never know.

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2015, 12:04:50 AM »

Hard not to feel sorry for Evan a tad, he wasn't responsible for his dad's awful behaviour. It does seem that Evan considered Brian a good friend despite the weird set up. Evan, if your dad had walked away from Brian once he was back on his feet and healthy again and left him free to live his own life, he would be considered a hero today. But he didn't, he sunk his claws into the guy and tried to bleed him for everything he could.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx