gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 09:58:25 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike the dominant creative force when it came to conceptual content?  (Read 66171 times)
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: May 31, 2015, 10:40:21 AM »

Hey man, it's all in the thread, there is no point in repeating it. We disagree and you can save your personal jabs and innuendo.

In all the time you've wasted typing these lame non-answer replies, you could have easily just copy/pasted your presumably brilliant argument or restated and clarified it, since I in my stupidity missed it before. But no. You just go on and on beating around the bush and trying to end any kind of discussion. This is elementary school stuff, man. As guitarfool likes to say, either sh*t or get off the pot. How's that for innuendo?  Grin

Typical?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 10:47:36 AM by Cam Mott » Logged

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #401 on: May 31, 2015, 10:47:11 AM »

Hey man, it's all in the thread, there is no point in repeating it. We disagree and you can save your personal jabs and innuendo.

In all the time you've wasted typing these lame non-answer replies, you could have easily just copy/pasted your presumably brilliant argument or restated and clarified it, since I in my stupidity missed it before. But no. You just go on and on beating around the bush and trying to end any kind of discussion. This is elementary school stuff, man. As guitarfool likes to say, either sh*t or get off the pot. How's that for innuendo?  Grin

Typical.

How so? You're so mature and above me, show me the way elder! I want to better myself and be more like you, I can just tell by your posts that you're so full of wisdom and emotional depth.

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 31, 2015, 11:54:05 AM »

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 31, 2015, 12:09:34 PM »

LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
clack
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: May 31, 2015, 12:23:26 PM »

Where is the contrary evidence?

Maybe Mike is exaggerating, misremembering, or outright lying, and it was Brian coming up with most of the concepts and lyrics in the Wilson/Love co-writes. Can someone point me to where someone, whether Brian himself or some one else in a position to know, says that Mike is not telling the truth?
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: May 31, 2015, 12:55:18 PM »

[
But...his claim explicitly covers the entire span of the band's catalog. Like...with the very words he chose, there's no other way to interpret it except that he was claiming to be the driving force for everything--or very nearly everything--they ever recorded. So...? I mean, care to elaborate your position then? Because otherwise Im gonna have to accuse you of moving the goal posts, so to speak. 

Mike did not claim that at all. He said that when he and Brian wrote together he was the dominant force lyrically and conceptually.
My impression exactly until it hit the Smiley "spin zone."  Wink
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 31, 2015, 02:55:32 PM »

Where is the contrary evidence?

Maybe Mike is exaggerating, misremembering, or outright lying, and it was Brian coming up with most of the concepts and lyrics in the Wilson/Love co-writes. Can someone point me to where someone, whether Brian himself or some one else in a position to know, says that Mike is not telling the truth?

It had a set end date apparently.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx