gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:01:56 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 ... 108 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The *official* Brian/BB picture thread  (Read 1065788 times)
Cool Cool Water
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't Edit Yourself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2475 on: September 09, 2016, 10:41:30 AM »

The Byrds and session players Bruce Johnston. Bruce was a staff producer a CBS Records Columbia Square studios.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 10:42:39 AM by Cool Cool Water » Logged
Cool Cool Water
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't Edit Yourself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2476 on: September 09, 2016, 10:41:49 AM »

« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 10:42:22 AM by Cool Cool Water » Logged
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2477 on: September 13, 2016, 01:59:46 PM »

Just saw this on http://catchingawaveradio.blogspot.de/2016/09/catching-wave-09-12-16-wheel-of-fun-fun.html
Thanks RockabillyNBlues!

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: September 15, 2016, 03:46:55 AM »

When do you think they met? I'd say it's around the time of L.A.-KTSA. Any bets?

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2479 on: September 15, 2016, 11:16:10 AM »

Well, they met in the 60s of course when they toured together.

IIRC Roy opened a few shows for the Beach Boys in the 80s. But the picture sure doesn't look like the later 80s.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2480 on: September 16, 2016, 01:01:25 PM »

- Jack Rieley
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2481 on: September 16, 2016, 01:05:11 PM »

When do you think they met? I'd say it's around the time of L.A.-KTSA. Any bets?

That pic is definitely from either 1979 or 1980. Obviously, with Bruce there, it has to be late 1978 at the earliest. Carl was gone for almost all of 1981. I think Carl and Bruce just looked a bit different by 1982. It also of course matches Roy's look from that era. So I'm thinking 1979 or 1980.

Roy was opening for the Eagles for a stretch in 1980, dunno if that could be a factor at all. I don't think there were any triple-billings, but maybe a few BBs came to see the Eagles or something?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 01:06:26 PM by HeyJude » Logged

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
jiggy22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2482 on: September 16, 2016, 06:23:30 PM »

That pic is definitely from either 1979 or 1980. Obviously, with Bruce there, it has to be late 1978 at the earliest. Carl was gone for almost all of 1981. I think Carl and Bruce just looked a bit different by 1982. It also of course matches Roy's look from that era. So I'm thinking 1979 or 1980.

Roy was opening for the Eagles for a stretch in 1980, dunno if that could be a factor at all. I don't think there were any triple-billings, but maybe a few BBs came to see the Eagles or something?

It also looks like Bruce was starting to grow out his mustache, which he could be seen with in the Goin' On documentary from 1980 or so. So I'd definitely put it at around 1979 or so.

Do happy happy happy Mission Pak singing sound!

My blog, where I post my original Beach Boys mixes and whatnot:
http://www.jiggy22.blogspot.com
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2483 on: September 25, 2016, 02:48:52 PM »

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2484 on: October 29, 2016, 12:48:15 PM »

http://www.celebritydirect.biz/csi/photos-historical.htm

http://wcbsfm.cbslocal.com/photo-galleries/2011/09/28/from-hawthorne-to-the-hall-of-fame-the-beach-boys-through-the-years-photos/

http://bsndenver.com/dead-company-to-play-folsom-field-fourth-of-july-weekend/

- Jack Rieley
Scaroline No
« Reply #2485 on: October 31, 2016, 04:11:37 PM »

Al posted this great photo on his fb page... https://www.facebook.com/aljardine/

Happy Hallowe'en!

It's also here:

http://imgur.com/a/y8WgI
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 04:12:57 PM by SCaroline Z » Logged
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: November 03, 2016, 08:47:53 AM »

Was going through albums at the Thrift Shop I volunteer for and found this interesting mockup for "All Summer Long."  The LP that has this record sleeve is Nat King Cole's "Lazy, Hazy, Crazy Days of Summer."
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2487 on: November 03, 2016, 10:20:15 AM »

I think Capitol did that for a lot of albums back then. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think when they'd have little thumbnail pics of other albums on record sleeves, they would blow up the title and part of the cover pic so it was readable.

Here's a random pic I found of a similar thing done to "Beatles '65" and "The Early Beatles" (and the sleeve also has a couple of BB album covers as well):

Here's another including some other BB albums. Interesting simplified "Pet Sounds" cover on this one:

« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 10:22:01 AM by HeyJude » Logged

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Cool Cool Water
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't Edit Yourself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2488 on: November 05, 2016, 05:01:25 AM »

Great shot.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2489 on: November 11, 2016, 01:03:17 PM »

I saw this just being posted to Ed Roach's facebook DW-fanpage:

Binghamton NY-February 1983.

- Jack Rieley
Bittersweet-Insanity
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2490 on: February 25, 2017, 04:46:05 PM »

ForHerCryingSoul
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2491 on: February 25, 2017, 07:55:05 PM »

Bittersweet Insanity, link is broken.
Bittersweet-Insanity
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: February 25, 2017, 08:09:53 PM »

huh...works for me

luv your name, btw. "there goes a shooting star. yeah for her crying soul". great lil lyric
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 08:11:10 PM by Bittersweet-Insanity » Logged
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: February 26, 2017, 08:34:28 AM »

If the Carl and Dennis pic from 1983 that Ed took is from Binghamton then it was June 15 1983 not February. 
You Kane, You Commanded, You Conquered
Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: February 26, 2017, 11:49:07 AM »

Relevant
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqDBB0no6dQ

"Oh! Don't beat on those sticks!"
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2495 on: May 28, 2017, 02:14:56 PM »

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2496 on: September 25, 2017, 04:33:53 AM »

- Jack Rieley
Bittersweet-Insanity
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: September 25, 2017, 04:43:41 AM »

« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 05:46:17 AM by Bittersweet-Insanity » Logged
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: September 25, 2017, 05:03:44 AM »

2picture posted by Rocker: Al looks dandy in turtleneck & beret. 3D Mike should be clad in Scottish skirt. It'd fit the top better than trousers.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Bittersweet-Insanity
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: October 02, 2017, 07:15:14 PM »

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 ... 108 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx