gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 08:16:58 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 ... 108 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The *official* Brian/BB picture thread  (Read 1065746 times)
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: February 28, 2014, 09:44:40 AM »

Here's a few I haven't seen before.

[/quote
This looks cut off from a booklet or article, you know where this came from?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: February 28, 2014, 01:15:52 PM »

Here's a few I haven't seen before.

Modern Recording June/July 1976, A session with The Beach Boys, by Bob Weil, photos by Ed Roach.

Page 46 Wink
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 01:16:54 PM by metal flake paint » Logged

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
RiC
Smiley Smile Associate

One and Only

View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: March 04, 2014, 04:10:05 AM »

I was looking for photos of young Murry and Audree Wilson but couldn't find any. I have seen some in documentaries, but can't remember in which one. Does anyone know where to find?
metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: March 04, 2014, 04:57:06 PM »

I was looking for photos of young Murry and Audree Wilson but couldn't find any. I have seen some in documentaries, but can't remember in which one. Does anyone know where to find?

The Endless Harmony DVD has the most accurate representations of a young Audree and Murry (albeit obscured by text).

Places not to go looking for such photos include Timothy White's book and "A Beach Boy's Tale" http://youtu.be/krCDi2OA6kI?t=1m39s as they erroneously used a photo of Virginia and Donald Jardine Shocked

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2229 on: March 15, 2014, 12:02:52 PM »

From Billy Hinsche's facebook site:

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: March 15, 2014, 12:38:51 PM »

love this happy pic of Carl!

RickB
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 01:19:14 PM by Rick Bartlett » Logged
RiC
Smiley Smile Associate

One and Only

View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: March 15, 2014, 01:24:05 PM »

The Endless Harmony DVD has the most accurate representations of a young Audree and Murry (albeit obscured by text).

Places not to go looking for such photos include Timothy White's book and "A Beach Boy's Tale" http://youtu.be/krCDi2OA6kI?t=1m39s as they erroneously used a photo of Virginia and Donald Jardine Shocked
Thanks, I'll try to get my hands on that one.
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: March 15, 2014, 01:32:55 PM »

and some more I like:

if anyone has one, I want it!

last boy's standing

in hiding

hi, I'm Brian!

and here is my 'Smile'

RickB
Amazing Larry
Smiley Smile Associate

There's a new daddy in town...

View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: March 15, 2014, 01:55:53 PM »

"Hey, brother!"

A discipline daddy.
Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: March 18, 2014, 07:35:41 AM »

My submission is my just placed avatar — Brian and I backstage at his 2005 Smile concert in Montreal. A heck of a night!
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2235 on: June 15, 2014, 06:44:19 PM »

Brian, all of his kids, most of his grandchildren on Father's Day 2014 (from Carnie's twitter)

Carnie Wilson ‏@CarnieWilson
My Dad, step Sisters & Brothers, Wendy and her boys. (All except my Lola and Luci! )
pic.twitter.com/lVfGWk85QQ
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2236 on: June 24, 2014, 12:21:06 PM »

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2237 on: July 25, 2014, 02:47:39 PM »

The Ruins and The Beach Boys.
http://www.60sgaragebands.com/ruins.html

I also traveled with the Beachboys doing one-nighters from city to city in a rented 16ft U- Haul truck and Zantop Cargo Airlines in Detroit in the 60's. The picture shown here was taken during the first time that the Beachboys sang Good Vibrations in public at Michigan State University's field house. It was so bad that Brian Wilson flew in the next day in a private jet and an all-night rehearsal was conducted after the performance the next night at University of Michigan's Hill Auditorium.
http://rfb1938.com/AboutMe.htm.html

- Jack Rieley
metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: July 25, 2014, 03:19:04 PM »

I also traveled with the Beachboys doing one-nighters from city to city in a rented 16ft U- Haul truck and Zantop Cargo Airlines in Detroit in the 60's. The picture shown here was taken during the first time that the Beachboys sang Good Vibrations in public at Michigan State University's field house. It was so bad that Brian Wilson flew in the next day in a private jet and an all-night rehearsal was conducted after the performance the next night at University of Michigan's Hill Auditorium.
http://rfb1938.com/AboutMe.htm.html

Not only is the image reversed, but that photo wasn't taken during a live performance of Good Vibrations, despite the author's claim.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: July 28, 2014, 04:57:19 AM »

In the picture 1 below, there's sth. majestic about Brian's expression. You rarely see it in the similar stills (him & piano).
In the 2nd, Brian has the best shirt design-wise. Then Al. Those early pictures of the group with Murry & Audree reveal that Carl looks more like his mommy (smile, kinda frisky eyes, face mimics,,,). In the last one (with "Dodgers" caps), Mike doesn't come off cheesy sans hair, in fact he looks pretty good, as a gracefully aging boy.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2240 on: July 31, 2014, 10:13:12 AM »

Has anyone got this shot of the Boys in better quality and without the added parts? And maybe some other shots from that certain session?

« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 10:22:44 AM by Rocker » Logged

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2241 on: August 05, 2014, 08:06:16 AM »

Ed Roach posted some nice and rare pictures on facebook in the last few days.

Here's another one from The Roxy, backstage with Carl, Brian and Dennis

And Billy Hinsche is also always good for some nice pictures:

In concert with The Beach Boys at Alameda County Stadium, Oakland, CA on Saturday, June 8, 1974, using The Grateful Dead's "Wall of Sound" audio system ... Left to right: Mike Love, Edward Carter, Al Jardine, Dennis Wilson, Ricky Fataar, Carl Wilson, Carli Munoz, Billy Hinsche

Many thanks to both of them!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 08:13:45 AM by Rocker » Logged

- Jack Rieley
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: August 06, 2014, 08:51:07 AM »

Roach's Facebook page is a true treasure trove!

Some c00l random BBs-related pictures:

"Buy 10 copies and you'll get a free drink in... Mike?" - "Club Kokomo." - "That's right."

"Let me go home, let me go home. I want to go home, let me go home. Why don't you let me go home?"

2016: "KICK OUT THE JAMS, mo'fos!!!!" - Al Jardine finally embarks on his highly anticipated tour of small club stages in intimate settings.

*shriek* *giggle* "IT'S HIM!!" *giggle* "Is it true he's single-handedly preventing the BBs from having a serious legacy?" - "That's what I've heard." *giggle*
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 09:04:19 AM by Lowbacca » Logged
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2243 on: August 06, 2014, 09:49:59 AM »

Cool! Lowbacca, where does the picture of the Beach Boys come from? I never saw that. Was it a special event in 2012 or after/before a show?

- Jack Rieley
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: August 06, 2014, 09:54:33 AM »

Cool! Lowbacca, where does the picture of the Beach Boys come from? I never saw that. Was it a special event in 2012 or after/before a show?
Can you spot Jools Holland? Cheesy Wink
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2245 on: August 06, 2014, 09:58:41 AM »

Can you spot Jools Holland? Cheesy Wink

Now I do. I'm not that familiar with his face but now that you mention it. Thanks! Nice to see a "new" pic of the Beach Boys together

- Jack Rieley
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: August 06, 2014, 10:07:36 AM »

n concert with The Beach Boys at Alameda County Stadium, Oakland, CA on Saturday, June 8, 1974, using The Grateful Dead's "Wall of Sound" audio system ... Left to right: Mike Love, Edward Carter, Al Jardine, Dennis Wilson, Ricky Fataar, Carl Wilson, Carli Munoz, Billy Hinsche

Day On The Green #1.  I was there!  And there are more pictures from this venue - in color.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
SBonilla
« Reply #2247 on: August 06, 2014, 11:35:06 AM »

n concert with The Beach Boys at Alameda County Stadium, Oakland, CA on Saturday, June 8, 1974, using The Grateful Dead's "Wall of Sound" audio system ... Left to right: Mike Love, Edward Carter, Al Jardine, Dennis Wilson, Ricky Fataar, Carl Wilson, Carli Munoz, Billy Hinsche

Day On The Green #1.  I was there!  And there are more pictures from this venue - in color.

I was there, too. Had pics, seemed to have been purloined (?) at some point. I knew the venue as The Oakland Colliseum.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: August 06, 2014, 12:06:10 PM »

You were there, Old McDonald? OK, name the bands that were there that day, who closed the show, how high did you get, and the color of Carl's shirt.

Bonus question: There was a backup musician there for the Beach Boys that wasn't named/pictured in the picture above. Who was he?

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Ed Roach
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: August 07, 2014, 02:29:35 PM »

Many thanks to both of them!

And thanks to you, Rocker!  Btw, I still haven't 'joined' Facebook; it's a page I have on my wife's FB.  I try to add something just about every day, so if you'd like to check it out, it's at  https://www.facebook.com/roachclips68?fref=photo
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 ... 108 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx