gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680555 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 09:13:40 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 ... 108 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The *official* Brian/BB picture thread  (Read 1063050 times)
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1200 on: August 03, 2011, 09:13:41 PM »

It is often overlooked that Brian first grew a beard way back in 1967 during the Smile sessions.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
MBE
« Reply #1201 on: August 03, 2011, 09:32:00 PM »

Never seen this era of Brian surrounded by kitty
That's early 1984 he gained weight back for a little while after Dennis died.
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: August 03, 2011, 09:40:28 PM »

beach boys pics? more like

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
MrRobinsonsFather
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: August 03, 2011, 10:59:40 PM »

Very cool photos
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: August 03, 2011, 11:29:42 PM »

Ok, here's a dumb question. Why is it that when Brian grew a beard in 1967 it was light brown, but when he grew a beard a decade later, it was black?

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: August 04, 2011, 06:50:11 AM »

Never seen this era of Brian surrounded by kitty
That's early 1984 he gained weight back for a little while after Dennis died.
Cats probably scared Brian to the point where either walked out or imagined that "fire" from SMiLE was playing during the show. I know I would be scared of that show if I saw it live.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 08:17:44 AM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
grillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: August 04, 2011, 08:13:33 AM »

Ok, here's a dumb question. Why is it that when Brian grew a beard in 1967 it was light brown, but when he grew a beard a decade later, it was black?
I think his beard has always been a little reddish-brown, kinda like his hair once was.

“You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
― Richard Buckminster Fuller
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: August 04, 2011, 01:13:09 PM »

I don't know what it is but I'm suddenly in the mood for a back rub from Diane Rovell.  Afro

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: August 06, 2011, 10:00:21 PM »

Does anybody have decent versions of the 1982 group shots that can be posted? Other than the ones in "brian's book"? I'm really curios to see any more. I've only seen one or two others, but they were to small to really see well.

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1209 on: August 07, 2011, 03:34:01 AM »

From Facebook. Brian and Desper.

[attachment deleted by admin]

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
mths
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: August 07, 2011, 01:53:52 PM »

Hi,
Found this picture in a German pressing of "In Concert" and was wondering who the guy on the left is? Did this come originally with the record? It's printed on photo paper and says "Beach Boys" in small letters on the back (It looks like it might have been taken along the Dutch coast)

[attachment deleted by admin]
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: August 07, 2011, 01:58:18 PM »

Looks like Darryl Dragon to me.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1212 on: August 07, 2011, 03:05:09 PM »

Looks like Darryl Dragon to me.

Right !

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
ghost
« Reply #1213 on: August 08, 2011, 02:59:40 PM »

Brian is a fantastic looking bearded man. One last grow, Brian?
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: August 08, 2011, 11:38:10 PM »

Hi,
Found this picture in a German pressing of "In Concert" and was wondering who the guy on the left is? Did this come originally with the record? It's printed on photo paper and says "Beach Boys" in small letters on the back (It looks like it might have been taken along the Dutch coast)

Hmm, interesting. A friend of mine has a copy of this picture (on photo paper as well) in his collection. Can't tell for sure if this one was made in The Netherlands though, but the fact that yours was found in a German record pressing, + the copy I know of which is hands of a Dutch collector, it could very well be. Definitely from this era. But if it was added to (more) copies of In Concert?.... I doubt it somehow...

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: August 09, 2011, 01:12:39 AM »

Man, that picture of Brian on Santa's lap would have made an awsome gatefold for the never released Christmas album The Beach Boys did, circa 1978.  Grin I know that the picture is most likely from 1981, but just humor me for a minute.

mths
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: August 09, 2011, 01:34:14 AM »

Well, when I found the picture it looked slightly familiar. First thought I'd seen it somewhere in an article about "Holland", but then I put the "Endless Harmony" DVD on and there's a short part on "Holland" where they run through the dunes and jump off one - it looks like the scene in the picture from a different angle. Didn't know BTW that Daryl Dragon also went to Holland(?)  Roll Eyes
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: August 09, 2011, 04:52:35 AM »

Didn't know BTW that Daryl Dragon also went to Holland(?)  Roll Eyes

In Spring 1972 they also toured through Europe (just before the Holland recordings), and Daryl was with them as well (both concerts and TV performances)

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1218 on: August 12, 2011, 05:13:39 PM »

From ebay:

Check the store for more Beach Boys pics:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dennis-Wilson-Beach-Boys-8x12-Concert-Photo-11-/160556831384?_trksid=p4340.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC.OPJS%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUA%26otn%3D5%26pmod%3D170674735460%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D2019823096878189706
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 05:16:19 PM by Rocker » Logged

- Jack Rieley
SG7
« Reply #1219 on: August 13, 2011, 10:03:56 PM »

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1220 on: August 23, 2011, 12:53:06 PM »

http://www.zloz.com/rock-and-roll-prints/pages/beach_boys.html

- Jack Rieley
Don_Zabu
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: August 23, 2011, 01:30:56 PM »

Oh man, that's the kind of picture you only wish existed...
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: August 28, 2011, 02:02:38 PM »

Well, when I found the picture it looked slightly familiar. First thought I'd seen it somewhere in an article about "Holland", but then I put the "Endless Harmony" DVD on and there's a short part on "Holland" where they run through the dunes and jump off one - it looks like the scene in the picture from a different angle. Didn't know BTW that Daryl Dragon also went to Holland(?)  Roll Eyes
I was thinkin the same thing about EH when I saw that pic. What was that shot for? Is there any other footage out there from that era? I want it! I remember there's a part with Al throwing a rock...it's also on the Sail On sailor dvd-a bonus track/slideshow.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1223 on: August 30, 2011, 02:05:54 PM »

- Jack Rieley
MrRobinsonsFather
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: September 16, 2011, 05:25:03 AM »

Tumbler is heaven for Brian/ BB pictures, god bless obsessed fan girls

My favorite picture of Brian. I wish I could find a hi-res copy of it. Anyone know where/when this picture was taken?

I have a bigger version, not really hi-res though, sorry

Heres another

Can anyone guess what period these were taken in?
I would say wild honey or friends.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 ... 108 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx