gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 05:27:59 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 108 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The *official* Brian/BB picture thread  (Read 1065668 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #925 on: March 02, 2010, 06:29:52 PM »

I think this is an interesting shot of Brian and Al in 1970. I think the date is wrong through because Brian looked thinner and had long hair at the Whiskey gigs. Does anyone know anything else about this shot?
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/73988983/Michael-Ochs-Archives

I saw another shot of Brian from this occasion, titled as being in '66 but Al's clothes don't look like that. I'd say it's from '68/'69

Maybe it was taken during the early 1970 tour Brian was on.

It was early to mid 1969, judging by Al's hair.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
jmc
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #926 on: March 02, 2010, 07:58:58 PM »

I would've paid big bucks - BIG BUCKS! - to have had a seat at that table.

Me too. Is that a bathrobe Brian is wearing? This looks like it was at an award show or something?  If so, that's hilarious (sad too, of course).
MBE
« Reply #927 on: March 02, 2010, 10:25:45 PM »

I did a little research. Brian showed up to Keith's birthday party in August 1974 in a robe. This must be from that day and I hope he had pants on.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #928 on: March 02, 2010, 11:10:21 PM »

What blows my mind is...if that was from 1974, then he still had most of his "classic" voice. I'm trying to wrap my head around Giant Brian sounding like "Old School Brian" and...I just can't. LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
MBE
« Reply #929 on: March 02, 2010, 11:53:36 PM »

What blows my mind is...if that was from 1974, then he still had most of his "classic" voice. I'm trying to wrap my head around Giant Brian sounding like "Old School Brian" and...I just can't. LOL
Well it serves to reason that Brian didn't lose his voice right when the beard grew in.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #930 on: March 03, 2010, 12:22:34 AM »

Oh yeah no doubt. It just feels weird. As fans we tend to think that it was like a switch just flipped or something, and obviously that's not true.

metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #931 on: March 03, 2010, 01:42:55 AM »

By the way, who is the farthest left in the shot with Nash and Michelle Phillips?

Looks to me like Henry Diltz, renowned rock photographer and folk musician.

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
MBE
« Reply #932 on: March 03, 2010, 03:19:47 AM »

Oh yeah no doubt. It just feels weird. As fans we tend to think that it was like a switch just flipped or something, and obviously that's not true.

I know what you're saying by a switch being flipped. He changed so quickly from early 1972 to mid 1974 that it can seem like an overnight deal.
Ganz Allein
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #933 on: March 03, 2010, 05:53:10 AM »

I did a little research. Brian showed up to Keith's birthday party in August 1974 in a robe. This must be from that day and I hope he had pants on.

Maybe it's just the angle of the photo, but Brian doesn't look that huge there - for sure not as big as he does on the 15BO pics. It's one of the few long-haired and bearded Brian photos I've seen where he's not really big.
jmc
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #934 on: March 03, 2010, 07:26:53 AM »

Well it looks like there is pack of smokes on the table in front of him....not sure if they are his but if so, he was likely smoking a ton by this photo...Brian does nothing half-ars.   Smokin
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #935 on: March 03, 2010, 12:05:23 PM »

Me too. Is that a bathrobe Brian is wearing? This looks like it was at an award show or something?  If so, that's hilarious (sad too, of course).

It's not just that he's wearing a bathrobe in public, BUT THERE'S NO SHIRT UNDERNEATH THE ROBE!

You know, it is just one picture (from 1974), but he really doesn't look that huge or completely out of it - yet. The more I see, I think you can pinpoint 1975 as THE year when he lost it....
MBE
« Reply #936 on: March 03, 2010, 09:26:07 PM »

It's not just that he's wearing a bathrobe in public, BUT THERE'S NO SHIRT UNDERNEATH THE ROBE!

You know, it is just one picture (from 1974), but he really doesn't look that huge or completely out of it - yet. The more I see, I think you can pinpoint 1975 as THE year when he lost it....

Again I just hope he has pants on.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #937 on: March 04, 2010, 02:05:23 AM »

I think what you have just said is teh very reason that Brian supposedly grew to hate his falsetto. Can you imagine an older, long haired Brian singing "I get around from town to town/I'm a real cool head, I'm making real cool bread?" in his circa 1964 voice? People would have laughed him off the stage. I can see how/why Brian thought that his "new, older looking" persona had to fit his voice.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
MBE
« Reply #938 on: March 04, 2010, 04:27:44 AM »

I think what you have just said is teh very reason that Brian supposedly grew to hate his falsetto. Can you imagine an older, long haired Brian singing "I get around from town to town/I'm a real cool head, I'm making real cool bread?" in his circa 1964 voice? People would have laughed him off the stage. I can see how/why Brian thought that his "new, older looking" persona had to fit his voice.
I think if Brian could have sang well later on his stage performances would have been a lot less awkward.
Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #939 on: March 05, 2010, 09:51:40 AM »

i was cleaning out an old email account and refound this from 5 years ago. i had uploaded it to the old male ego board. i don't know if this has been posted already, probably has, but i always liked this photo.

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #940 on: March 09, 2010, 06:00:56 AM »

anyone wanna figure out what restaurant that is?

looks like fast food.  if those cups were orange striped i'd say whataburger and that'd be AWESOME.
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #941 on: March 11, 2010, 06:24:18 AM »

i was cleaning out an old email account and refound this from 5 years ago. i had uploaded it to the old male ego board. i don't know if this has been posted already, probably has, but i always liked this photo.

I remember this one, great photo. Always found it weird that Carl was smoking and eating simultaneously. You'd need a strong stomach to do that I reckon.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #942 on: March 13, 2010, 11:48:39 AM »

Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #943 on: March 13, 2010, 11:51:04 AM »

Someone should get this man a nosehair trimmer. These are both from this year's Grammys.
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #944 on: March 13, 2010, 03:39:23 PM »

Hey it's the jolly green giant and sprout!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #945 on: March 13, 2010, 07:25:08 PM »

I remember this one, great photo. Always found it weird that Carl was smoking and eating simultaneously. You'd need a strong stomach to do that I reckon.
Anybody want to give a guess at who is sitting down on the end facing Dennis? My guess would be Billy.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #946 on: March 16, 2010, 06:45:20 PM »

Brian looks a lot better in this shot from the same day.

Where and when is this photo and that other one that looks like it. My guess is late 72 or 73? Its weird.
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #947 on: March 16, 2010, 07:28:04 PM »

Anybody want to give a guess at who is sitting down on the end facing Dennis? My guess would be Billy.

Is Billy a smoker? It almost looks like that person is holding a cigarette in their right hand.
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #948 on: March 16, 2010, 07:30:18 PM »

Brian looks a lot better in this shot from the same day.

Where and when is this photo and that other one that looks like it. My guess is late 72 or 73? Its weird.

Is this one of those pictures where Brian's image is added after the fact?
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #949 on: March 16, 2010, 09:05:55 PM »

I don't think Brian is added after the fact in that SOS photo cuz he's in this one too. Its just odd, because in the CATP/Holland/'74 era you NEVER saw Brian in a promo shot (or really at all) with the group. Hopefully somebody has some info.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 108 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx