gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 05:30:26 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 108 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The *official* Brian/BB picture thread  (Read 1065670 times)
MBE
« Reply #900 on: November 09, 2009, 04:43:32 PM »

http://www.flickr.com/photos/botetourtview/sets/72157621736432269/
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #901 on: November 10, 2009, 07:17:11 PM »

The date for those Brian  and Mike photos is given as 1980, but that can't be right.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #902 on: November 13, 2009, 09:56:12 AM »

Back to that pic of the boys in the studio with Brian (in green make-up)...was this during the My Solution session?

ANYWAYS...I was thinking about that picture and where I'd seen that mask before that's by Brian: isn't it one of the masks from the Pet Sounds promo video? One of the guys is wearing it in the woods.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #903 on: December 05, 2009, 11:16:52 PM »

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #904 on: December 16, 2009, 01:52:14 AM »

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #905 on: December 26, 2009, 10:59:05 AM »

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #906 on: December 27, 2009, 06:34:32 AM »

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #907 on: December 28, 2009, 08:27:42 AM »

Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #908 on: January 10, 2010, 07:21:56 AM »

"Surf Ohio"? That's funny.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Beckgtr09
Smiley Smile Associate

I've been in this town so long......

View Profile
« Reply #909 on: January 13, 2010, 01:56:06 PM »

I used to have a t shirt that had the same logo on it. I got it when I was down in Columbus, Ohio. At that time they were celebrating the 15th anniversary of a surfing contest in the area. I wore that shirt until it didn't fit me. I'm pretty sure it's in the rag bag these days.

LOL

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #910 on: January 30, 2010, 02:22:17 PM »

Brian and Al at a Neil Young tribute

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #911 on: January 30, 2010, 06:43:41 PM »

When was that Picture of Dennis taken? I'd say some time after 1977 at the most.He doesn't look as bad as he did in 1982-83 though.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #912 on: February 07, 2010, 08:03:02 PM »

I used to have a t shirt that had the same logo on it. I got it when I was down in Columbus, Ohio. At that time they were celebrating the 15th anniversary of a surfing contest in the area.
How could there be a surfing contest in Columbus, Ohio?! Did they surf in the Scioto River or something?

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Beckgtr09
Smiley Smile Associate

I've been in this town so long......

View Profile
« Reply #913 on: February 10, 2010, 01:53:56 AM »

They used to hook up these huge wave making machines on the Columbus River and the waves were pretty good sized waves. From what I was told Ron Howard would go down there and videotape the contest. I have no idea what he'd be taping that for.  It's been a long time since I've been down there.  Huh

slothrop
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #914 on: March 01, 2010, 04:20:44 PM »

Anyone know the story behind this picture? Brian looks more pissed than I've ever seen him. Dennis too. Carl and Al look uncomfortable. And Mike looks stoned.
Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #915 on: March 01, 2010, 06:13:51 PM »

Anyone know the story behind this picture? Brian looks more pissed than I've ever seen him. Dennis too. Carl and Al look uncomfortable. And Mike looks stoned.
Those weird sweaters would've made me look pissed/uncomfortable.  They're not nearly as cool as the Today! sweaters. They look like even dorkier versions of the Merry Christmas from the Beach Boys sweaters. I'm starting to think that someone should do a retrospective on the BBs sweaters.
MBE
« Reply #916 on: March 02, 2010, 04:34:32 AM »

I think this is an interesting shot of Brian and Al in 1970. I think the date is wrong through because Brian looked thinner and had long hair at the Whiskey gigs. Does anyone know anything else about this shot?
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/73988983/Michael-Ochs-Archives
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #917 on: March 02, 2010, 05:42:17 AM »

I think this is an interesting shot of Brian and Al in 1970. I think the date is wrong through because Brian looked thinner and had long hair at the Whiskey gigs. Does anyone know anything else about this shot?

I saw another shot of Brian from this occasion, titled as being in '66 but Al's clothes don't look like that. I'd say it's from '68/'69

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #918 on: March 02, 2010, 05:49:02 AM »

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #919 on: March 02, 2010, 05:55:51 AM »

- Jack Rieley
Domino
Smiley Smile Associate

Hypnotize me, Van Dyke

View Profile
« Reply #920 on: March 02, 2010, 03:40:39 PM »

Could someone repost the picture Linda McCartney took  of Brian and Dennis in early 68? Smiley

Brian on why he loves God Only Knows: "Because Paul McCartney said it was his favourite song"

"New rule: Having anything to do with the creation of a punk rawk version of "All You Need Is Love" (never with the horn part because lol hornz are silly and dumb) gets you the death penalty. No questions, no trial, it's your fault, pick out your coffin." - runnersdialzero
MBE
« Reply #921 on: March 02, 2010, 05:55:46 PM »

I saw another shot of Brian from this occasion, titled as being in '66 but Al's clothes don't look like that. I'd say it's from '68/'69

Maybe it was taken during the early 1970 tour Brian was on.
MBE
« Reply #922 on: March 02, 2010, 06:01:31 PM »

That picture of Brian and Moon is cool. I think it's from 1974 or 1975.
TdHabib
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #923 on: March 02, 2010, 06:03:43 PM »

Here's the Linda McCartney shot:

I really endorse the Sixties book she put out, a friend of mine showed it to me the other day and I might have to buy it. Lots of great shots.

By the way, who is the farthest left in the shot with Nash and Michelle Phillips?

I like the Beatles a bit more than the Boys of Beach, I think Brian's band is the tops---really amazing. And finally, I'm liberal. That's it.
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #924 on: March 02, 2010, 06:15:17 PM »

I would've paid big bucks - BIG BUCKS! - to have had a seat at that table.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 108 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx