gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 02:28:34 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 108 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The *official* Brian/BB picture thread  (Read 1065594 times)
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #800 on: August 25, 2009, 12:01:42 AM »

Does the above performance picture contain Blondie, Ricky AND Bruce?? I can't tell who the drummer or the guy behind Dennis are.

These are pics from one of their visits to the Netherlands. That is: I'm very sure it must be as the pictures come from a Dutch magazine. Question is though (I'm starting to get a bit confused on this): is this from their performance:
- for TopPop (in which they lip-synched Marcella) - feb 72 (without Blondie, but with Bruce). I'm doubting as other pictures of that performance show Bruce playing base.
- at the Grand Gala Du Disque - feb 1972 (with Ricky, Blondie and Bruce). It must be.

I can't be the performance at Eddie Ready Go - July/Aug 72. A picture I showed a while back and of which I thought showed them playing at the Grand Gala seems to be from this performance. Will look that one up.

Btw: Lemon, great pictures/scans. A lot of Dutch magazines I see (I happen to have several of these you've added). Would you happen to be Dutch?
Maybe you can answer this question. Those last pics you've added from Popfoto-magazine, would you happen to know which edition it was (or which date is on the cover)?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 12:06:28 AM by SMiLE-Holland » Logged

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #801 on: August 25, 2009, 12:09:50 AM »

This is Eddy Ready Go (summer 72), The Netherlands.

I thought it was from their GGDD performance, but a recent scan of an article from that time contained another picture from the same performance, but with a clear sub-title saying it was from the Eddy Ready Go performance. They performed Mess Of Help btw.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 12:45:09 AM by SMiLE-Holland » Logged

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #802 on: August 25, 2009, 12:17:31 AM »

Does the above performance picture contain Blondie, Ricky AND Bruce?? I can't tell who the drummer or the guy behind Dennis are.

Save the picture and zoom in a bit on image viewer. Those are indeed Ricky and Blondie, albeit hardly recognisable.

Lemon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #803 on: August 25, 2009, 12:25:21 AM »

Popfoto magazine November 1972
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #804 on: August 25, 2009, 12:39:10 AM »

And THAT's a picture from Sportpaleis Ahoy Rotterdam, May 1972. And the first colour picture I've seen of it.
Again thanks, Lemon.

Lemon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #805 on: August 26, 2009, 11:23:43 PM »

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #806 on: August 26, 2009, 11:39:43 PM »

Ah, same setting as a few pictures back (Popfoto, Nov. 72). By now, I'm almost convinced that this is at the Grand Gala Du Disque. (got this picture somewhere in my archives, with a notation that this was from GGDD)

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #807 on: August 28, 2009, 10:32:09 PM »

Not to change the subject, but does anybody have any pictures of the show where Brian came out and did A Day In The Life Of A Tree? Or does anybody have any pictures from this era where Brian showed up backstage?

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
SmileySam
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #808 on: August 30, 2009, 07:26:07 AM »

Not to change the subject, but does anybody have any pictures of the show where Brian came out and did A Day In The Life Of A Tree? Or does anybody have any pictures from this era where Brian showed up backstage?

That would be a cool find!! And probably not an easy one. I wonder if there are also any photos out there of Brian's last performance/appearance with the band in 1973 before he withdrew and stayed in bed.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #809 on: August 30, 2009, 09:19:18 AM »

That would be a cool find!! And probably not an easy one. I wonder if there are also any photos out there of Brian's last performance/appearance with the band in 1973 before he withdrew and stayed in bed.

Not sure if this was his last performance/presence at a BB-concert in 1973, but check out the Bach Through The Operaglass website: http://www.pipeline-operaglass.moonfruit.com
Go to part 2, In Concert album, scroll down and way below you'll find a link for an article + concert foto's from a concert on April 20th 1973. Again scroll down and you'll find a link for more pictures, including one of Brian (too bad someone's blocking the view "a bit"...)

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #810 on: September 01, 2009, 07:32:32 PM »

Not sure if this was his last performance/presence at a BB-concert in 1973, but check out the Bach Through The Operaglass website: http://www.pipeline-operaglass.moonfruit.com
Go to part 2, In Concert album, scroll down and way below you'll find a link for an article + concert foto's from a concert on April 20th 1973. Again scroll down and you'll find a link for more pictures, including one of Brian (too bad someone's blocking the view "a bit"...)
Thanks a bunch for the link. To bad the only thing you can see is part of the coat, and long hair.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
CosmicDancer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #811 on: September 03, 2009, 05:07:57 AM »

I always wondered what ever came of the 15 Big Ones era bath robe.  Brian must be a bit of a pack rat.

The Un-Funny Alliance:  Are you not "good at being funny"?  Join us today in our mission to make the world a less funny place one "easy" fart joke at a time!
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #812 on: September 03, 2009, 03:39:05 PM »

I always wondered what ever came of the 15 Big Ones era bath robe.  Brian must be a bit of a pack rat.

And the swim suit is leftover from the SMiLE sessions. police
metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #813 on: September 09, 2009, 04:44:26 AM »

Note: Billy Hinsche behind mask, far right.

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #814 on: September 09, 2009, 05:06:32 AM »

No, no, no !! How great is that !? Thanks for posting !
Is this from '71 during the "My solution"-sessions?

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Christian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #815 on: September 09, 2009, 05:40:49 AM »

Yes, Halloween 1970 (October 31).
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #816 on: September 09, 2009, 05:55:28 AM »

Yes, Halloween 1970 (October 31).

Those damn dates....  Grin

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #817 on: September 09, 2009, 08:31:11 AM »

Who's sitting in between Al and Mike wearing the mask? Is that Dennis? Is anyone even in that mask?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 08:33:45 AM by Aegir » Logged

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
grillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #818 on: September 09, 2009, 10:46:51 AM »

Who's sitting in between Al and Mike wearing the mask? Is that Dennis? Is anyone even in that mask?
Looks like Brian is wondering the same thing...

“You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
― Richard Buckminster Fuller
MBE
« Reply #819 on: September 09, 2009, 02:55:16 PM »

As Metal Flake Paint pointed out it's Billy Hinsche filling in for an absent Dennis. I alwazys thought that record was funny.
variable2
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #820 on: September 09, 2009, 03:56:26 PM »

More pictures from you please, good sir
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #821 on: September 09, 2009, 04:21:03 PM »

As Metal Flake Paint pointed out it's Billy Hinsche filling in for an absent Dennis. I alwazys thought that record was funny.

I believe they were talking about that mask between Al and Mike, which I didn't notice until the question came up....

- Jack Rieley
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #822 on: September 09, 2009, 04:21:49 PM »

Dennis was filming Two Lane Blacktop in Oct 1970 (he missed Big Sur Festival)...though he may have been finished by Oct 31-he was with them a week later at the Whiskey
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #823 on: September 09, 2009, 04:57:43 PM »

Damn, that's new to me.

Long time since I've come accross a BB pic I haven't seen.  Grin

Thanks for posting.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #824 on: September 09, 2009, 05:01:51 PM »

Thanks for the thanks! I'll see what else I can find.

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 108 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx