gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680555 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 05:10:46 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 108 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The *official* Brian/BB picture thread  (Read 1062960 times)
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #700 on: April 25, 2009, 08:37:56 AM »

Al with glasses?

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
MBE
« Reply #701 on: April 25, 2009, 01:59:36 PM »

A great picture I wonder where it was taken. BTW how much cooler are they at the 1970 press conference then the 1983 one lol.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #702 on: April 30, 2009, 08:33:01 PM »

imagine brian's at the other end of the table with his tape recorders saying: "no" and "yes"

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #703 on: May 01, 2009, 02:55:43 AM »

imagine brian's at the other end of the table with his tape recorders saying: "no" and "yes"

Greatest stuff in music-history ! Brian was so funny !!  Grin Grin

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Lady
« Reply #704 on: May 01, 2009, 04:16:29 PM »

Thanks so much for all the links Lady, there were a few I hadn't seen before so much appreciated Smiley By the way, that pic I've quoted is from this performance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I0v2bVX8j4

You're welcome and thank you for the youtube link!  I had forgotten how great that is!  Some day I'll have to post a few photos that I took of the BB.
Lady
« Reply #705 on: May 07, 2009, 11:48:02 AM »

I thought this pic was great:

Lady
« Reply #706 on: May 08, 2009, 05:07:50 PM »

The Many Hats of Mike Love:

« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 08:21:40 PM by Lady » Logged
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #707 on: May 09, 2009, 04:28:09 AM »

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Lady
« Reply #708 on: May 10, 2009, 10:28:51 AM »

From my collection, Mike in 2008:

« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 09:11:00 PM by Lady » Logged
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #709 on: May 12, 2009, 08:07:18 AM »

Lady, that picture of Mike in blue pants and blue hat wins the prize for worst stage outfit ever. All categories.

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #710 on: May 17, 2009, 02:44:37 AM »

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
MBE
« Reply #711 on: May 17, 2009, 03:48:53 PM »

Nice one. In 1970 they finally looked as coiol as they were.
Lady
« Reply #712 on: May 17, 2009, 06:21:16 PM »

Lady, that picture of Mike in blue pants and blue hat wins the prize for worst stage outfit ever. All categories.

I like this photo of him:

http://pro.corbis.com/popup/Enlargement.aspx?mediauids={c1b670c7-557e-47c2-ab9b-614f6ccf3d37}|{ffffffff-ffff-ffff-ffff-ffffffffffff}&qsPageNo=2&fdid=&Area=Search&TotalCount=140&CurrentPos=30&WinID={c1b670c7-557e-47c2-ab9b-614f6ccf3d37}

*************************************************************************************

Great photo "metal flake paint."  I'd never seen it before. 

Has this one been posted yet?:

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #713 on: May 17, 2009, 08:31:17 PM »

LOL...the look on Mike's face is priceless.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #714 on: May 20, 2009, 02:31:45 AM »

Thankyou for all of your great pics too!

The footage may have been long destroyed  but at least we have this shot of the boys performing on David Frost, March 1, 1971, maybe?

Looks like Björn Ulvaeus subbed for Al that day.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 04:13:29 AM by metal flake paint » Logged

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #715 on: May 20, 2009, 03:42:31 AM »

The footage may have been long destroyed  but at least we have this shot of the boys performing on David Frost, possibly May 7, 1971.

I think another picture from this performance was used for a Dutch comp-LP called The Definite album.

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #716 on: May 20, 2009, 04:05:26 AM »

The footage may have been long destroyed  but at least we have this shot of the boys performing on David Frost, possibly May 7, 1971.

What a great picture ! Thank you so much for posting !! Looks like it was a very cool appearance. Good to have the audio at least.
And nice to see that Tom Petty has found a way to travel in time....  Grin

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #717 on: May 20, 2009, 02:08:44 PM »

Fascinating but sad. We know what happened to Brian. Phil Spector will die in prison. And Bobby Hatfield died of a cocaine-induced heart attack.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #718 on: May 20, 2009, 05:06:59 PM »

I still think Ol Phil will escape the slammer

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #719 on: May 21, 2009, 05:15:19 AM »

The footage may have been long destroyed  but at least we have this shot of the boys performing on David Frost, March 1, 1971, maybe?

EDIT: this is the exact picture that was used in the booklet that accompanied the "Definite Album" LP (Spirit Of Rock-edition).

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #720 on: May 21, 2009, 05:21:36 AM »

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #721 on: May 21, 2009, 10:46:55 AM »

scary...  Shocked

btw, this is a scan made from a Dutch club-pressing of a Best Of LP.

phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #722 on: May 21, 2009, 11:38:52 AM »

I've always figured the Beach Boys were ahead of their times in numerous ways, but...
metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #723 on: May 23, 2009, 06:19:31 PM »

Lady
« Reply #724 on: May 26, 2009, 12:24:22 PM »

Great photos----Are they drinking milk?
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 108 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx