gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680555 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 08:23:13 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The *official* Brian/BB picture thread  (Read 1063029 times)
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2625 on: January 04, 2021, 03:32:28 AM »

Never saw this picture of the Boys:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/khiltscher/15619721348

EDIT:

Posted by Brian's Facebook account

And then I found this newspaper article online.

Source: https://s3.amazonaws.com/sndb/uploads/photo/image/325563/large_The_Hoya_-_Georgetown_University_-_Washington__D.C._1968-05-09.-png.jpg
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 10:41:07 AM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2626 on: January 05, 2021, 02:44:11 AM »

One more of the Boys and Roy Orbison that I don't recall seeing before.

EDIT:

Nashville Then: The Beach Boys in concert after Sounds game June '86

https://eu.tennessean.com/picture-gallery/entertainment/music/2016/06/23/nashville-then-the-beach-boys-in-concert-after-sounds-game-june-86/86298716/

I can't post the pictures here, so follow the link.

April 1973, Dayton, OH
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 12:17:54 PM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2627 on: January 06, 2021, 12:47:03 PM »

Sept. 1989 Garbsen, Germany

https://www.haz.de/Hannover/Aus-der-Stadt/Swiss-Life-Hall-Die-Beach-Boys-in-Hannover-das-muessen-Sie-wissen

EDIT:

Nov. 8th, 1972

https://twincitiesmusichighlights.net/concerts/beach-boys-1972/
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 01:15:26 PM by Rocker » Logged

- Jack Rieley
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: January 06, 2021, 04:30:39 PM »

The 1964 pic with Orbison is on my website https://www.beachboysgigs.com/ in the section on 1964 gigs (I am currently almost done with 1966)
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: January 06, 2021, 10:44:26 PM »

Nice! I love pictures from that time frame. The boys slowly playing their way back into the charts, somewhere between rediscovering their past and proudly playing some fresh material too.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2630 on: January 07, 2021, 02:40:07 AM »

The 1964 pic with Orbison is on my website https://www.beachboysgigs.com/ in the section on 1964 gigs (I am currently almost done with 1966)

Thanks for the reminder! I probably saw it on your website and forgot about it. The image came up when I searched for a live shot of the Boys in the 60s.
Can't wait for the new stuff on your site.

Nice! I love pictures from that time frame. The boys slowly playing their way back into the charts, somewhere between rediscovering their past and proudly playing some fresh material too.
[/quote]

I remember that there was a thread (that I can't find now) not too long ago in the main section asking if there's a picture of the band with Blondie, Ricky and Bruce. I found this one on Twitter. IIRC Bruce posted it a long while ago on the BBBritain board.

And then there's Brian at a Macca show in Madison Square Garden 1989:

« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 12:27:49 PM by Rocker » Logged

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2631 on: January 10, 2021, 09:58:00 AM »

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2632 on: January 11, 2021, 11:49:57 AM »

- Jack Rieley
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: January 11, 2021, 01:57:43 PM »

What a super pic, never realised how small/short JWG is
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2634 on: January 27, 2021, 04:11:37 AM »

Today there will be a radio special about the Beach Boys on a german radio station. The website features a couple of pictures I hadn't seen before (in that quality):

https://www1.wdr.de/radio/wdr4/musik/musiklegenden/wdr4-musiklegenden-the-beach-boys-100.html
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 04:18:07 AM by Rocker » Logged

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2635 on: January 30, 2021, 12:39:42 PM »

Beach Boys concert program 1968

https://www.popculturesafari.com/2018/02/time-capsule-beach-boys-concert-program.html
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 12:47:37 PM by Rocker » Logged

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2636 on: February 03, 2021, 10:37:05 AM »

I never realized this. It's a shot from the T. A. M. I. show and shows, if I'm not mistaken, Hal Blaine watching Dennis:

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2637 on: February 06, 2021, 01:06:32 PM »

I was looking for more info and possibly video of the Beach Boys performing at May Day 1971 and found this:

Source: https://aadl.org/node/193141

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2638 on: February 07, 2021, 10:15:18 AM »

Big Sur Folk Festival 1970
BTW, Gettyimages has more pictures of the Festival, including two beautiful color photos of the Beach Boys

« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 11:39:34 AM by Rocker » Logged

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2639 on: February 18, 2021, 12:14:28 PM »

Beach Boys Legacy from Twitter:

Brian Wilson ready to win a Pinball tournament in 1979!

- Jack Rieley
Occasional grilled cheese
Smiley Smile Associate

Quickly Duncan, the strengths!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2640 on: February 18, 2021, 12:50:14 PM »

Beach Boys Legacy from Twitter:

Brian Wilson ready to win a Pinball tournament in 1979!

This rules

Try Q-Z-2-U-H
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: February 18, 2021, 09:50:58 PM »

1979 is a mysterious year in Brian/BB history. In some pictures from that year Brian looks happy and slim and in others he's starting to look like he did for Keepin' the Summer Alive. He went through some dramatic changes during that year.
Sound of Free
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: February 19, 2021, 07:17:18 PM »

I love the top photo is that's is Carl clowning around onstage and not Dennis.

The second one shows how complicated the family dynamic could be and later got. I remember in the Timothy White book where White described accompanying Brian to the studio and walked in on Dennis having a pleasant conversation with Mike and Stan, telling them how much he enjoyed seeing "The Wiz" in New York,
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2643 on: March 16, 2021, 07:30:03 AM »

Found this on Facebook. I don't know where and when exactly it was taken.

- Jack Rieley
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: March 16, 2021, 09:34:39 AM »

Found this on Facebook. I don't know where and when exactly it was taken.

Loop De Loop (Flip Flop Flyin' In An Aeroplane) - Indeed  LOL
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: March 16, 2021, 10:41:19 PM »

They don't look very enthusiastic here. LOL
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2646 on: March 21, 2021, 03:41:25 AM »

Facebok find:

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2647 on: March 26, 2021, 05:03:46 AM »

'nother one from Facebook:

- Jack Rieley
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: March 26, 2021, 06:59:30 AM »

Summer 1977-nice hotel room photo
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2649 on: March 27, 2021, 03:45:38 AM »

Summer 1977-nice hotel room photo

Facebook said it was from New York. Dunno if that is true but Brian indeed looks like he did at the time of the free Central Park show (I wish there was a professional recording of the concert. Although Carl was not in his best shape during this time, it was such a big crowd and I would love to hear that).

- Jack Rieley
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx