gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680553 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 03:51:19 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 ... 108 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The *official* Brian/BB picture thread  (Read 1062928 times)
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2500 on: November 03, 2017, 04:30:49 PM »

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2501 on: November 07, 2017, 01:49:46 PM »

Just saw this picture on youtube (it's a screenshot). Doesn anyone have more infos about this? I don't remember seeing it before. 1995/6?

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Bittersweet-Insanity
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: November 07, 2017, 07:02:03 PM »

looks like '89
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2503 on: November 07, 2017, 07:47:36 PM »

Yeah way too skinny for 1995

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2504 on: November 09, 2017, 07:12:40 AM »

Thanks guys! Brian does indeed look skinny, but his face looked to me like 90s-Brian and I thought Carl looked older than he did in the 80s. But I trust you more than my judgement on this.

- Jack Rieley
wild neon sins
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2505 on: November 17, 2017, 04:33:57 PM »

quoting because it's lost in the Unleash The Love thread

Is that photo of Mike and Brian shooting hoops published elsewhere? I don't remember seeing it before. It appears near the end of the preview.

screenshot

Straightened & cropped

Google's reverse image search helpfully thinks it's a picture of a tree.

"And suddenly I find myself, listening to a man I've never known before,
Telling me about the sea..."

Looking for contributions for a Dennis fanzine
https://denniswilsonzine.tumblr.com
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2506 on: December 01, 2017, 01:09:48 PM »

Holy sh*t, that last picture

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2507 on: December 01, 2017, 02:11:00 PM »

Just saw this picture on youtube (it's a screenshot). Doesn anyone have more infos about this? I don't remember seeing it before. 1995/6?

Hard to say definitively. I'd peg it at 1989. The widest range I'd give it is about 1988-1992. Carl started dying his beard more noticeably around 1993 or so. Brian got heavier by the mid 90s. Al's hair got longer. Brian did that weird blonde dye job on his hair around 1990 (though that probably came and went).

This promo shot of the band comes from, I believe, 1989 (possibly 1990; it was used as the cover for the 1990 "Problem Child" single), and they all look pretty close:

Carl looks a *tad* bit more grey here compared to the pic we're trying to date, but that could be down to varying photo contrasts. Looking at a lot of 1988-1992 photos, prior to Carl noticeably dying the beard a kind of brown-ish with the weird grey streaks, I think Carl may have still be doing a weird patchwork dye job on the beard back in the 88-92 timeframe, as the grey patches switch around a bit.

In any event, I'd say the photo we're trying to date is probably 1989, possibly 1988. Possibly taken during taping of the 1989 "Endless Summer" TV show? I'm curious what the context is for this photo, because there aren't a bunch of photo shoots/video shoots of Brian with the band in 1988-1992, and this pic doesn't match the few others we have from what I can remember.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 02:11:44 PM by HeyJude » Logged

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2508 on: December 01, 2017, 02:16:34 PM »

What's funny is Brian had his hair styled like he does now

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2509 on: December 14, 2017, 10:39:48 AM »

Somebody uploaded this on Facebook. New to me:

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2510 on: December 28, 2017, 10:29:44 AM »

Bill Cunningham of the Box Tops posted a couple of pictures of the '69 Beach Boys/Boxtops tour. If you are on facebook, try this link:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1314890354257&set=a.1314888954222.2048955.1290655859&type=3

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2511 on: February 19, 2018, 02:06:17 PM »

- Jack Rieley
Summer_Days
Smiley Smile Associate

...and your dream comes true.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2512 on: April 11, 2018, 08:08:35 PM »

Sort of Beach Boys related, it give me a big laugh (dunno where else I could post this):

To keep this more on topic, here's a shot of Brian eating his shoe:

« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 08:22:58 PM by Summer_Days » Logged

Wouldn't it be nice if we were older, then we wouldn't have to wait so long
And wouldn't it be nice to live together, in the kind of world where we belong?
http://wildsmiley.weebly.com
Aomdiddlywalla
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: April 12, 2018, 02:09:48 AM »

Sort of Beach Boys related, it give me a big laugh (dunno where else I could post this):

Anyone recognize what that is to Brian's right ( left of the picture on the table next to his dinner plate)?
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: April 12, 2018, 05:31:33 AM »

Ringo - "Octopus's Garden", Paul - "Rocky Raccoon", John - "I'm The Walrus", "Everybody's Got Sth. To Hide Except For Me & My Monkey", George - "Piggies". Btw, the way they're dressed, it's the biggest favorite Beatles photo session. Really cool pics. The other series? Not much.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Summer_Days
Smiley Smile Associate

...and your dream comes true.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2515 on: April 12, 2018, 06:17:52 AM »

Anyone recognize what that is to Brian's right ( left of the picture on the table next to his dinner plate)?

Looks like a 45 record. Couldn't tell you by who, though. Doubt it's a new Beach Boys single since it's not a Capitol swirl label, unless maybe it's acetate.

Edit: Oh, you mean that white box thing with the knob behind his elbow? Looks like some kind of radio, possibly even a turntable with the lid closed. Looks to me that it's not on the table but against the wall. That 45 record next to Brian's plate made me think it was a 45 record player but it could be something else.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 06:26:05 AM by Summer_Days » Logged

Wouldn't it be nice if we were older, then we wouldn't have to wait so long
And wouldn't it be nice to live together, in the kind of world where we belong?
http://wildsmiley.weebly.com
Cool Cool Water
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't Edit Yourself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2516 on: April 23, 2018, 11:32:40 AM »

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2517 on: May 25, 2018, 03:51:41 PM »

Holy sh!t! I've never seen this one:

Foud it in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHWrK0v0tjs

And another one with Roy Orbison:

« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 03:54:50 PM by Rocker » Logged

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2518 on: June 07, 2018, 03:10:51 AM »

Al and David (I guess).

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2519 on: June 07, 2018, 01:03:54 PM »

Probably at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony:

- Jack Rieley
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #2520 on: June 08, 2018, 03:41:45 PM »

Mike doesn't look that bad without cap. He could tell his speech capless easily.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2521 on: June 09, 2018, 12:30:39 PM »

1982:

« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 12:39:58 PM by Rocker » Logged

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2522 on: June 10, 2018, 02:41:37 AM »

- Jack Rieley
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: June 11, 2018, 11:25:22 PM »

Nice ones, Rocker! Hadn't seen any of these before. Dennis looks pretty good considering the picture was taken in the early 80s. Love the late-70s shot.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2524 on: June 12, 2018, 08:41:33 AM »

Yep, that's Carl's 1978 toasted era. Funny how you would be able to tell he's drunk even if he wasn't literally holding a beer.

Brian was at least peppy during that era:

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 ... 108 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx