gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 03:34:24 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 ... 108 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The *official* Brian/BB picture thread  (Read 1065617 times)
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #2325 on: November 23, 2014, 11:53:58 PM »

Source: http://kakmandu.ru/c6-id1846-the_beach_boys_v_koncertnom_polnyy_nizkoe_na_legendarnoy_plavaniya_gruppy

If someone can read that, I'd love to know what this is about.
It's very uncomfortable to read, they didn't bother to translate the text into Russian as it should be. Anyhow... I think it's a review of "The BBs in Concert!". Mention of 3 exclusive interviews, 1 with M. Eder, c-man, A. Doe, J. Stebbins, the other with Al, 3rd with Mickey Dolenz. Also 9 slide-show presentations of the best shots. Below it says: If you're willing to contact Jeremy directly, follow him on Twitter. The user "jeremylr". It is implied that the interviews are conducted by him, not that he just stores them.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: November 24, 2014, 01:10:53 AM »

http://vandaagindemuziekgeschiedenis.blogspot.nl/2012/08/muziekgeschiedenis-van-3-augustus.html
Op 3 Augustus 1972 wordt er door de platenmmatschappij van The Beach Boys een feest voor georganiseerd in de Belle Ami club in Scheveningen. Reden is dat de opnamen van het nieuwe album van The Beach Boys een dag eerder zijn voltooid. Tijdens deze avond maakt Jack Rieley, de manager van The Beach Boys, bekend dat het album Holland gaat. The Beach Boys hebben namenlijk vanaf 3 Juni 1972 in de studio van Piet Visser aan de Rijksstraatweg 45 in Baambrugge het album opgenomen. The Beach Boys, zonder Bruce Johnston maar met Brian, Carl en Dennis Wilson, Blondie Chaplin, Ricky Fataar en Mike Love, wonen met hun vrouwen en kinderen in 't Gooi en in Bloemendaal. Op 5 Augustus 1972 vliegt de groep met hun gezinnen vanaf Schiphol terug naar Los Angeles. Op Holland, dat op 8 Januari 1973 wordt uitgebracht, staan de volgende nummers: Sail On Sailor, Steamboat, California Saga: Big Sur, California Saga: The Beaks Of Eagles, California Saga: California, The Trader, Leavin' This Town, Only With You en Funky Pretty. Bij de eerste oplage van het album zit een bonussingle met hierop het muzikale sprookje Mount Vernon And Fairway van Brian Wilson. Sail On Sailor is het enige nummer van Holland dat niet in Baambrugge is opgenomen. Dit nummer wordt eind November 1972 in de Village Recorders-studio in Los Angeles op de band gezet. Blondie Chaplin neemt op Sail On Sailor de vocalen voor zijn rekening.

Translation:
On August 3rd 1972 the Beach Boys' record company organises a party for them in the Belle Ami club in Scheveningen [near The Hague]. Reason is the the recording of the Beach Boys new album have been finished a day earlier. During this evening Jack Rieley, the Beach Boys manager, announces that the album will be called "Holland". Reason is that the Beach Boys have been recording the album since June 3rd 1972 in Piet Visser's studio on the Rijksstraatweg 45 in Baambrugge. The Beach Boys - without Bruce Johnston, but with Brian, Carl and Dennis Wilson, Blondie Chaplin, Ricky Fataar and Mike Love - have been living in [the region 't Gooi and in Bloemendaal. On August 5th 1972 the group leaves Schiphol Airport, and flies back to Los Angeles.
The Holland album, that is released on January 8th 1973, contains the following tracks: Sail On Sailor, Steamboat, California Saga: Big Sur, California Saga: The Beaks Of Eagles, California Saga: California, The Trader, Leavin' This Town, Only With You en Funky Pretty. The first issue contains a bonus single with the musical fairy tale Mount Vernon and Fairway, written by Brian Wilson. Sail On Sailor is the only Holland-track which wasn't recorded in The Netherlands. This song was recorded at the Village Recorders studio in Los Angeles, late November 1972. Blondie Chaplin sings the lead vocal on Sail On Sailor.

Some inaccuracies in this writing. And it is certain that the last recording in Baambrugge took place on August 15th (http://www.esquarterly.com/bellagio/gigs72.html). So them leaving on Aug. 5th is not true. But the date on which that party took place is most probably correct.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2327 on: November 24, 2014, 10:37:21 AM »

Great. Thank you two for the translations and infos!

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2328 on: November 25, 2014, 01:24:50 PM »

From Brian's facebook page:

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2329 on: December 11, 2014, 08:31:26 AM »

Many thanks to Ed Roach who posted these pictures on Facebook:

Around the time of L.A. (Light Album). According to Ed they recorded "Love surrounds me" that same day.

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2330 on: December 11, 2014, 10:17:17 PM »

From Facebook (Al was linked) :

- Jack Rieley
Ed Roach
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: December 12, 2014, 08:52:23 AM »

Around the time of L.A. (Light Album). According to Ed they recorded "Love surrounds me" that same day.

Actually just overdubs on the track
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2332 on: December 12, 2014, 11:54:31 AM »

Actually just overdubs on the track

Ok, thanks for the heads-up!

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2333 on: December 18, 2014, 11:27:25 AM »

I really don't know if this was posted before. I found it on this site:
https://applause.uterwincenter.com/friday-the-13th/

The Beach Boys – Friday, February 13, 1981

Anyway, some more:

http://jeffreyanderson.blogspot.de/2006_06_01_archive.html

BTW check out the article that comes with this photo. It's about Brian's new album:

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/brian-wilson-new-album-details/
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 11:37:48 AM by Rocker » Logged

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2334 on: December 19, 2014, 10:30:54 AM »

Posted by Al on Facebook.

The Beach Boys with John Fogerty, Farm aid 1985:

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2335 on: December 20, 2014, 08:27:12 AM »

Well, there are more. Some 111 in total. Just take a look
-> Source: http://paniniamerica.wordpress.com/2013/10/25/the-panini-america-quality-control-gallery-2013-the-beach-boys-111-must-see-images/
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 08:32:34 AM by Rocker » Logged

- Jack Rieley
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: December 23, 2014, 09:35:41 AM »

Not sure where to put this. Brian wishes everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

http://instagram.com/p/w9GAkagS6F/

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2337 on: December 25, 2014, 11:39:15 AM »

Source: http://www.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/2014/03/05/brian-wilsons-secret-bedroom-tapes-a-track-listing

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2338 on: December 25, 2014, 02:16:03 PM »

Source: http://www.ripopmusic.org/musical-artists/musicians/john-cafferty-beaver-brown/

- Jack Rieley
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: December 27, 2014, 11:21:39 AM »

Over on
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 08:42:37 AM by bgas » Logged

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2340 on: December 28, 2014, 05:07:41 AM »

So great! Thanks bgas!
Probably the only time in their carreer when you could make a picture and didn't have to worry that they looked like complete dorks  Grin

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2341 on: December 29, 2014, 02:43:35 PM »

Source: http://www.bigbeatman.com/MikeGallery.html

Source: http://www.photographersdirect.com/buyers/stockphoto.asp?imageid=2535939

Source: http://www.mysteryisland.net/denniswilson

Check out that last link. The guy who owns that page seems to be called Bradley Mason Hamlin and he wrote a poem about the day Dennis drowned. I don't know if it's true but he says he was at the Marina himself that day.

- Jack Rieley
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: December 29, 2014, 09:01:36 PM »

Doesn't much matter to me whether he really was there. From his poem it kinda sounds like it was the next day, but it's his story and if he's happy believing, so am I.

He does a nice interview with Billy( which I think I've read previously)  and he has a lot of other links that I didn't check.

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2343 on: December 31, 2014, 08:03:39 AM »

Source: http://connectionstr.blogspot.de/2012/01/connections-103-12112011-11122011-us.html

I don't know if these were posted before but check out this site with pictures of the Boys on stage from '67, '76, '77, '81 !!
http://ritland-concert-photos.com/BeachBoys/beachboys.html

And here are many great 70s live pictures plus Dennis in the studio!
http://atlasicons.photoshelter.com/gallery/THE-BEACH-BOYS-1977/G00007eUlXI6OFRg/C0000Ue1cBb.dmo0

It would be too much for me to post them all here and right now I'm not in the mood. But be sure to take a look!

- Jack Rieley
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: December 31, 2014, 11:04:40 AM »

GET IN THE MOOD!!! 
Much better you should do all the work, while we get all the Pleasure Island....

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2345 on: January 03, 2015, 07:47:04 AM »

GET IN THE MOOD!!!  
Much better you should do all the work, while we get all the Pleasure Island....

Just a couple. Still, check out the links I posted above (I will post them at the end of this post as well).

There are really beautiful shots of the Boys. All in all 125 images:

http://atlasicons.photoshelter.com/gallery/THE-BEACH-BOYS-1977/G00007eUlXI6OFRg/C0000Ue1cBb.dmo0

March 19th, 1967:

August 23rd, 1976:

October 1977:

February 1981:

They are from this site which has some more of each show:

http://ritland-concert-photos.com/BeachBoys/beachboys.html

And I just came across these via Google.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 07:48:11 AM by Rocker » Logged

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2346 on: January 12, 2015, 08:18:10 AM »

From Brian's facebook site:

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2347 on: January 20, 2015, 11:25:17 AM »

Source: http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2011/06/04/the_beatles_drugs_inspired_brian_wils

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2348 on: January 29, 2015, 10:08:54 AM »

phirnis posted a link in the "Last known pictures..."-thread to the site where I have this picture from. Thanks phirnis!

Source: http://denniswilsonthebeachboys.tumblr.com/

- Jack Rieley
elnombre
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: January 31, 2015, 06:13:11 AM »

Adorable photo of Brian and his daughter Dakota Rose just posted to his FB.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 ... 108 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx