gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680555 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 09:45:56 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 ... 108 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The *official* Brian/BB picture thread  (Read 1063065 times)
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: January 12, 2011, 10:06:24 AM »

This was posted on facebook:

for which occasion?

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Christian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: January 12, 2011, 11:06:47 AM »

This was posted on facebook:

for which occasion?

backstage at the Beacon Theatre, NYC, November 2006, with Karisa Nowak
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: January 12, 2011, 12:02:27 PM »

With Matthew Sweet

Why are the photos of Matthew Sweet with Brian split with different contrasts in color?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1003 on: January 12, 2011, 01:04:24 PM »

With Matthew Sweet

Why are the photos of Matthew Sweet with Brian split with different contrasts in color?

Don't know. Found them on the web

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Ganz Allein
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: January 12, 2011, 06:28:17 PM »

With Matthew Sweet

They might be scans from a magazine in which the facing page had faded more.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: January 12, 2011, 09:28:10 PM »

With Matthew Sweet

They might be scans from a magazine in which the facing page had faded more.

I think they printed them that way to make Brian appear more vibrant than the others. 

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1006 on: January 23, 2011, 03:43:48 PM »

« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 03:47:02 PM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: January 23, 2011, 03:51:08 PM »

Nice pic of the Beatles/Donovan/Love/Maharishi! I had never seen that before....I also forgot that Donovan was on that trip.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
pancakerecords
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: January 23, 2011, 05:24:14 PM »

Nice pic of the Beatles/Donovan/Love/Maharishi! I had never seen that before....I also forgot that Donovan was on that trip.

Donovan taught Lennon Travis picking on that trip, which he utilized immediately for "Julia" and "Dear Prudence".

"Alright, I wanna ask you something - he's not getting a very big signal.  Do you think it would be good to move the mic a little bit closer?"
                                                                                           -Van Dyke Parks
Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

..Stand back, Speak normally

View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: January 24, 2011, 10:55:19 AM »

Does anyone have a picture of Dennis with his shirt that said, "No Sweat" Huh
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1010 on: January 24, 2011, 11:15:43 AM »

Does anyone have a picture of Dennis with his shirt that said, "No Sweat" Huh

I know I've seen it somewhere, but can't remember where right now. Meanwhile, how about some random pics I found on the net?

More to follow.....

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1011 on: January 24, 2011, 11:21:54 AM »

All taken from:
http://www.lastfm.de/music/Dennis+Wilson/+images?page=1

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1012 on: January 24, 2011, 11:30:36 AM »

BTW, check out gettyimages:
http://www.gettyimages.de/Search/Search.aspx?contractUrl=2&assetType=image&family=Editorial&p=dennis+wilson+live

for some great, rare pictures. I'm gonna post two I found there right now:

[attachment deleted by admin]

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1013 on: January 24, 2011, 02:55:26 PM »

Cool, look what I've found. A "new" (for my eyes) pic with Glenn Campbell:

From the same site comes this one:

Unfortunately I couldn't find a pic of Dennis with the "no sweat"-shirt. But at least I remember now that it was in the It's ok-special, so maybe someone could make a screenshot

- Jack Rieley
Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

..Stand back, Speak normally

View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: January 24, 2011, 04:18:35 PM »

Thanx Rocker...The photo that has the poster of David Bowie from LOW behind Dennis is great. He really had the coolest t-shirts and rocked the overalls quite well. Lord knows I couldn't wear those without getting my ass kicked.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 04:19:38 PM by noname » Logged
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1015 on: January 28, 2011, 10:34:46 AM »

From this site, as mentioned in the 2randon Beach Boys references"-thread:
http://www.alkohn.com/

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1016 on: February 03, 2011, 10:12:20 AM »

1983:

- Jack Rieley
Amazing Larry
Smiley Smile Associate

There's a new daddy in town...

View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: February 03, 2011, 08:13:15 PM »

[/quote]
This picture reminds me of the war room from Dr Strangelove.

A discipline daddy.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: February 03, 2011, 08:27:57 PM »

[/quote]

We must have seen different versions

punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: February 04, 2011, 12:04:23 AM »

Are there any pics of oddities where the guys are not on their primary instruments (obviously Brian has a wide range)?

Like Brian on drums during Dennis' on vocals for The Wanderer? I was thinkin there was a pic of that in the Concert LP, but I don't have mine handy to pull out and look.

Carl on drums when Dennis sings?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1020 on: February 04, 2011, 09:26:26 AM »

- Jack Rieley
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: February 05, 2011, 01:32:59 AM »

thanks!

~post of the century~
-Mikie

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: February 05, 2011, 07:23:43 AM »

Can you and Jerrry Lee clean this one up so it's more clearer and easier to see?

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1023 on: February 11, 2011, 07:10:21 AM »

Can you and Jerrry Lee clean this one up so it's more clearer and easier to see?

I don't know how to do those things, I'm sorry.

Where is this from? Always loved that picture since first seeing it in the EH-booklet:

- Jack Rieley
A Million Units In Jan!
« Reply #1024 on: February 11, 2011, 10:48:06 AM »

[/quote]

Isn't this one of Brian's dinner parties during the SMiLE period?  Wink
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 ... 108 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx