gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 08:13:08 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 79 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Love and Mercy - News and Reviews - First clip is out.  (Read 508221 times)
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 03, 2014, 12:07:31 PM »

Watch your tone.

Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2014, 12:07:42 PM »

That's what his peeps call him, after all. His posse. The Pet Posse.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2014, 12:13:08 PM »

Is B-Pain ok?
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2014, 12:14:01 PM »

How about "B-Wubs"

joe_blow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2014, 12:48:49 PM »

error
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 01:01:29 PM by joe_blow » Logged
job
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 03, 2014, 01:47:02 PM »

Watch your pone.
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2014, 01:51:36 PM »

This is so dramatic. I won't reply to such drama any further.

Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2014, 02:27:45 PM »

LOL
schiaffino
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 03, 2014, 02:46:13 PM »

Yeah baby, bought my ticket just now! I'll be there for the Premiere Sunday night  Grin

Anyone else coming?

"Maybe if we think and wish and hope and pray...it might come true
Baby then there wouldn't be a single thing we couldn't do..."
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 03, 2014, 02:48:19 PM »

Yeah baby, bought my ticket just now! I'll be there for the Premiere Sunday night  Grin

Anyone else coming?

If you can stop by and pick me up, I'll buy a ticket...

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
schiaffino
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2014, 02:54:48 PM »

Anyone else coming?

K I'll check with the train driver if its possible

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 03, 2014, 02:59:42 PM »

Anyone else coming?

Heck, if you've got your own train it shouldbn't be any problemo!!

schiaffino
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 03, 2014, 03:49:35 PM »

Anyone else coming?

Heck, if you've got your own train it shouldbn't be any problemo!!

LOL

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 03, 2014, 04:01:56 PM »

Heck!

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 03, 2014, 05:30:57 PM »

Anyone else coming?

Lucky man

Report back in detail!

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 03, 2014, 05:46:16 PM »

Honestly, I have zero hope that this biopic is going to be any better than the previous attempts at telling the BB/BW story through film that isn't a documentary.

John Cusack is just so fuckin' John Cusacky that all his attempts at acting are just like "oh, wow, look at John Cusack pretending that he's not John Cusack."

Paul Dano has the potential to play a pretty good Brian Wilson, but John Cusack was the wrong choice. Sorry, friends.

No mas, por favor.
puni puni
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 03, 2014, 07:13:29 PM »

He does the B-Dubs walk pretty well.
PS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 04, 2014, 12:23:48 AM »

As the premiere is coming up soon, here's a mini-trailer from the script to whet your appetite (tiny spoiler alert):

Scene 3 INT. WESTERN RECORDING STUDIO FEBRUARY 1964

We come up on 16mm footage shot in the recording studio as THE BEACH BOYS lay vocals for "DON'T WORRY BABY"

From SCENE 40 (INT. MUSIC ROOM. MURRY WILSON'S HOUSE) Brian plays a "very rough, early version" of GOD ONLY KNOWS for his father:

Murry: Frankly, if you really want to know, I don't care for it. It's too wishy-washy. "If you leave me, why leave me? Life will go on. Why go on living?" It's not like a Beach Boys song. Your brothers are going to hate it.
Brian-Past (devastated): "It's a love song."
Murry: "It's a suicide note."
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 12:24:48 AM by PS » Logged
PS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 04, 2014, 12:34:37 AM »

One more.

SCENE 46 INT. WESTERN RECORDING STUDIO 3 - DAY

BRIAN-PAST (to dogs):

"Stop barking! We got it!"
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: September 04, 2014, 12:59:24 AM »

Sweet

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 04, 2014, 03:48:55 AM »

As the premiere is coming up soon, here's a mini-trailer from the script to whet your appetite (tiny spoiler alert):

Scene 3 INT. WESTERN RECORDING STUDIO FEBRUARY 1964

We come up on 16mm footage shot in the recording studio as THE BEACH BOYS lay vocals for "DON'T WORRY BABY"

From SCENE 40 (INT. MUSIC ROOM. MURRY WILSON'S HOUSE) Brian plays a "very rough, early version" of GOD ONLY KNOWS for his father:

Murry: Frankly, if you really want to know, I don't care for it. It's too wishy-washy. "If you leave me, why leave me? Life will go on. Why go on living?" It's not like a Beach Boys song. Your brothers are going to hate it.
Brian-Past (devastated): "It's a love song."
Murry: "It's a suicide note."

Brian-Past "We gotta get out while we're young.  `Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run "

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: September 04, 2014, 06:39:33 AM »

Honestly, I have zero hope that this biopic is going to be any better than the previous attempts at telling the BB/BW story through film that isn't a documentary.

John Cusack is just so fuckin' John Cusacky that all his attempts at acting are just like "oh, wow, look at John Cusack pretending that he's not John Cusack."

Paul Dano has the potential to play a pretty good Brian Wilson, but John Cusack was the wrong choice. Sorry, friends.

Unfortunately, the majority of actors end up being a case of “Oh, there’s so-and-so trying to act like he’s not so-and-so”, and often they don’t even try to act like they’re not themselves. Oh, there’s Brad Pitt. Nope, he’s not whatever character he’s supposed to be in the movie. He’s Brad Pitt shooting zombies. Oh, Morgan Freeman, he’s amazing, except that he’s just playing the same character in every movie he’s in: himself. I’m not being sarcastic. I end up often preferring unknown actors (as long as they have some acting talent of course) in many roles. There are a few really great well-known actors who can actually take you out of the headspace of just seeing that famous actor. But it’s pretty rare.

The actors with all the weird idiosyncrasies are the worst. Hell, some directors are that way too. Oh great, it’s Tim Burton, so we know the movie will have Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter, will be emo and steampunk, and Johnny Depp will play a super quirky character.

I dunno, Cusack might actually be bland enough to make the movie a bit more credible. If they’re truly doing away with the strictly chronological format, that’s proably a good start. “Summer Dreams” and “An American Family” didn’t succeed with that format.

Meanwhile, perhaps someone will piece together a “Beatles Anthology”-sized Beach Boys documentary; get the surviving guys on camera for thorough interviews while they’re still alive. I can’t fathom why this hasn’t been attempted. “Endless Harmony” was just fine for what it was, but something longer and more epic is needed.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
schiaffino
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 04, 2014, 08:12:32 AM »

Anyone else coming?

Lucky man

Report back in detail!

I will!

tony p
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 04, 2014, 05:01:44 PM »

Unfortunately, the majority of actors end up being a case of “Oh, there’s so-and-so trying to act like he’s not so-and-so”, and often they don’t even try to act like they’re not themselves. Oh, there’s Brad Pitt. Nope, he’s not whatever character he’s supposed to be in the movie. He’s Brad Pitt shooting zombies. Oh, Morgan Freeman, he’s amazing, except that he’s just playing the same character in every movie he’s in: himself. I’m not being sarcastic. I end up often preferring unknown actors (as long as they have some acting talent of course) in many roles. There are a few really great well-known actors who can actually take you out of the headspace of just seeing that famous actor. But it’s pretty rare.

The actors with all the weird idiosyncrasies are the worst. Hell, some directors are that way too. Oh great, it’s Tim Burton, so we know the movie will have Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter, will be emo and steampunk, and Johnny Depp will play a super quirky character.

I dunno, Cusack might actually be bland enough to make the movie a bit more credible. If they’re truly doing away with the strictly chronological format, that’s proably a good start. “Summer Dreams” and “An American Family” didn’t succeed with that format.

Meanwhile, perhaps someone will piece together a “Beatles Anthology”-sized Beach Boys documentary; get the surviving guys on camera for thorough interviews while they’re still alive. I can’t fathom why this hasn’t been attempted. “Endless Harmony” was just fine for what it was, but something longer and more epic is needed.

i have been hoping for to happen for years. EH just didnt cut it for what it needed to be

The Beach Boys story has so many layers to it that it needs to be told over a 3-4 doco

Use existing footage from previous interviews aswell like the Beatles Anthology but so much more needs to be told

I gotta heart that just wont stop beating for you, I gotta love that just can’t stop feeling for you
metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 04, 2014, 06:58:27 PM »

Under the circumstances, Alan Boyd did a wonderful job directing Endless Harmony within the restrictions that were imposed on the project. I'm sure that he would have liked to have included more footage (chiefly, Add Some Music To Your Day from Get It Together) but time and budget constraints just wouldn't allow it.

With so much footage available (authorised and otherwise), one could “roll their own” documentary, although an official and comprehensive documentary would be most welcome!

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 79 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx