gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680555 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 11:24:16 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys Survivor #27 Winner: Good Timin'  (Read 108213 times)
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2014, 05:27:11 PM »

Goin' South

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2014, 05:39:24 PM »

Sumahama is the only song on this album I don't think I've been able to listen to all the way through.

No mas, por favor.
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2014, 05:56:21 PM »

Here Comes the Night disco version (love the original on WH)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 10:01:50 AM by Emdeeh » Logged
Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2014, 06:28:57 PM »

Sumahama

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
Nicko1234
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2014, 06:51:13 PM »

Here Comes the Night as it completely unbalances the album.
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2014, 08:21:26 PM »

Here comes the night  Shocked
TimeToGetAlone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2014, 09:12:35 PM »

Shortenin' Bread, which is a very dim performance.
zachrwolfe
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2014, 09:28:00 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:20:12 PM by zatch » Logged
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2014, 09:34:32 PM »

"Here Comes the Bruce"

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2014, 10:01:31 PM »

Sumahama, no contest.

The Disco Here Comes The Night is a masterpiece in comparison!
Agreed. Sumahama gets my vote.

Exactly! Great to see some sane people around here. It's shocking that a lot of people actually consider Sumahama to be better than Here Comes The Night. It is after all IMHO (and I've said this before, and I'll say it again) the worst song the BB's ever did other than the songs off SIP.
I'd like to know why people dislike the disco Here Comes The Night so much (aside from the length, which is understandable). I think it's very well made, and doesn't deserve the hatred it gets around here!
slippingonthrough
Smiley Smile Associate

Male eagle walking down the street....

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2014, 11:22:35 PM »

Sumahama
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2014, 11:26:48 PM »

Sumahama.
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2014, 11:39:52 PM »

Here Comes The Night

Replace it with California Feelin' and another gem from Bambu as you have a genuinely great album... L.A. is such a missed opportunity.
RiC
Smiley Smile Associate

One and Only

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2014, 11:45:58 PM »

Exactly! Great to see some sane people around here. It's shocking that a lot of people actually consider Sumahama to be better than Here Comes The Night. It is after all IMHO (and I've said this before, and I'll say it again) the worst song the BB's ever did other than the songs off SIP.
I'd like to know why people dislike the disco Here Comes The Night so much (aside from the length, which is understandable). I think it's very well made, and doesn't deserve the hatred it gets around here!
I believe that people hate it because it's too far from the standard BB sound. Plus disco is a genre that possibly most of the hardcore BB fans hate, and that's why they like to hate HCTN. I've played it to people who don't mind too much about Beach Boys or disco music and they liked it.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2014, 11:52:07 PM »

I believe that people hate it because it's too far from the standard BB sound. Plus disco is a genre that possibly most of the hardcore BB fans hate, and that's why they like to hate HCTN. I've played it to people who don't mind too much about Beach Boys or disco music and they liked it.

That's interesting. I myself for the most part don't mind Disco. It's certainly not my favourite genre, and I don't care for a large percentage of it at all. If I was around in the late 70's, I would have considered it to be highly overrated, and the Disco lifestyle is...... "shudder".
But for the most part, it's tolerable, and I consider the disco Here Comes The Night to be one of the very best of the genre!
It's all subjective though, I suppose a lot of people may have different opinions on that
bluesno1fann
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2014, 12:26:14 AM »

disco lifestyle "shudder" .. what? anything that you "shudder" at is probably the best thing ever, it's probably the most fun thing in the world. Catch a Wave "shudder" .... snorting coke and dancing to Kc & The Sunshine band "shudder". I feel like I want to punch you.

Wow.
Nicko1234
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2014, 12:37:25 AM »

It really isn`t.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2014, 12:40:21 AM »

I want to punch Al RIGHT in the sunnies. Is that better?

Wow. Get help
bluesno1fann
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2014, 01:12:31 AM »

GETT OFF !!!

I'd really hate to derail this thread (and I speak for this clown as well), but I'm only quoting this because he keeps editing his posts to cover his tracks and this was his original quote.
Ovi
Smiley Smile Associate

They know I'm rock 'n' roll through and through.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2014, 01:46:58 AM »

Sumahama, no contest.

I missed you!  Smiley

My vote is Here Comes The Night, only because it's just so darn long. I kinda dig it otherwise.
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2014, 01:53:37 AM »

My vote goes to Here Comes The Night. If it were shorter, it might be tolerable, but its just way too long.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 02:25:26 AM by Woodstock » Logged

2 and a half
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2014, 02:20:08 AM »

Sumahama
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2014, 02:53:06 AM »

Disco
Please delete my account
Smiley Smile Associate

Please delete my account

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2014, 04:31:57 AM »

Sumahama, no contest.

I don't exactly HATE here comes the night (disco), it's just I can't get over the length. A ten minute song has no place on a pop album, unless that's how long it takes to sing all the lyrics (cf. Dylan) but should be kept to the 12 inch single exclusion zone. It's particularly unacceptable on a record from the former kings of the killer two-minute single.
As for Sumahama, it's so teeth-rottingly oversweet it's almost admirable, like a big pop art sculpture of a marshmallow. I don't like it but it's an interesting curio, and it served its purpose as a sop to Mike Love's ego.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 04:33:38 AM by au bord de ma chère » Logged

Please delete my account
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2014, 04:35:19 AM »

I just unsuccessfully trolled Jarhead or got trolled BY him, I can't figure out which. Either way, I now deserve to die. Suicide emoticon please??

OK, I'm quoting this one, but this applies to both you and Jarhead... both please stop firing each other up.

@ halblaineisgood: even if it's meant to be funny - aggressive comments are not wanted here. Ignore, or take it to PM's
@ Jarhead: I understand your response, but be aware that by replying this way you're not exactly helping to cool things down. Again the advise is ignore, or PM's. and in case of a complaint report it to the mods.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx